6 posts in this topic

So I have my biometrics about an hour ago in Salt Lake City, UT. So I just wanted to review it, since there's very little SLC related AOS stuff on the site since there are only a handful of us who live here.

We turned up at 7:40 to find the carpark near empty, so took a little drive around the area nearby and returned a couple of minutes to 8am. After a short wait with about 5 other couples we were let inside and I was first in, being closest to the door that was opened first.

When inside I showed the guy at the desk my appointment letter, my passport and marriage certificate to show the name change. Then he handed me a form and told me to take it to the guy at the adjacent desk. So I filled it out and took it over to the desk and I was person 2 of the day, how someone beat me to filling out the forms, I don't know. :P

Anyhow, I was then passed over to a woman nearby who was at a computer thingy and she typed my details in, checking with me that they were all correct, before telling me that the liquid she was going to spray on my fingers was water, and then she started to scan my fingers altogether first, then thumbs, then each finger individually (took quite a while since they kept turning out too dark, or weren't big enough). She kept telling me to relax my fingers, but that's kind of difficult to do when they then go and twist and turn your finger to get a full picture of your fingerprints!

After the 10 or so minutes of me getting my fingers scanned I then stood by a white screen and she took my picture, it didn't actually look too bad for an ID picture. Then she gave me a little comment card to fill out, while she called what I assume is the supervisor, over, and he wrote something on my NOA. Then she handed that, along with my ID back and told me to keep hold of my receipt as proof I'd had my biometrics done (I assume by )receipt, she means the stamp and stuff I had written on my NOA.

Then we were out the door and done by 8:30, so it all went pretty quickly and smoothly. And I learned that apparently I have difficult fingerprints. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You're one step closer!!!!! Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Hello,

I had my biometrics appointment yesterday here in Cleveland. It was basically the same. Many people were already in the lobby but nobody was allowed to go through the metal detectors before it was 8. I was the second one in the office since I checked online which floor I have to go to. After 20 minutes I was done. They also had to scan my fingerprints a couple of times. It just did not want to work right away.

Good luck on your journey.

Anja (Magdeburg, Germany) and Hank (Richmond Heights, OH, USA)

Met in September 1996

Together since June 25, 1997

Jul 23 2005 - Married in Magdeburg

Removal of Conditions

Dec 19'08 - Mailed I-751 Package

Dec 22'08 - NOA date

Dec 24'08 - Check cashed

Jan 07'09 - NOA in mail

Jun '09 - Biometrics/10 year Greencard issued and sent in mail

AOS Process

May 30'06 - AOS package sent including EAD

June 7'06 - NOA1 Date for EAD and AOS

June 8'06 - both checks were cashed

June 9'06 - NOA1 in mail

June 22'06 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD in Cleveland

June 24'06 - both cases touched

Sept 12'06 - INFOPASS - interim EADs no longer issued in district offices :-(

Sept 21'06 - EAD finally approved according to Email by USCIS after 114 days

Sept 28'06 - EAD arrived in Mail

Oct 03'06 - Applied for SSN

Oct 10'06 - Received SSN card in mail

Nov 6'06 - Received Interview Letter

Jan 5'07 - Interview Date - approved

Jan 5'07 - CRIS email: welcome notice mailed

Jan 10'07 - CRIS email: Card was ordered on Jan 9'07

Jan 18'07 - Greencard in Mail (dated Jan 12'07)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.