kleobg

Notice of action content

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I sent my paperwork to the Texas lock box on 2/26, they received it on 03/02 and i received the NOA on 03/14. I am still waiting for an appointment for the biometrics and i am starting to get anxious because most of the people here have received their BIO appointments. I also read that some VJ's did not have to go for fingerprints because their last ones were still valid. I had my fingerprints taken last April. Does anyone know if they can still be valid?

and here is what my NOA said. Can you please tell me if yours had the same passage.

"the above application has been received by our office and is in process. Our records show your personal information is as follows.....

Please verify your personal info listed above and notify our office at the address or phone number listed below.

Upon receipt of all required Record Checks, you will be scheduled to appear for an interview at your local office."

this was all. there was nothing about biometrics appointment. Did all of you had the same in their NOA?

Also the application number cannot be used to check my status online..

i am confused...

thank you for your help.

Edited by kleobg

Hi! I am not sure until when will it be valid. I sent my application last Dec. 24, 2008. I never received any bio appointment and yet my interview is already scheduled on April 27, 2009. So, don't worry too much.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I sent my paperwork to the Texas lock box on 2/26, they received it on 03/02 and i received the NOA on 03/14. I am still waiting for an appointment for the biometrics and i am starting to get anxious because most of the people here have received their BIO appointments. I also read that some VJ's did not have to go for fingerprints because their last ones were still valid. I had my fingerprints taken last April. Does anyone know if they can still be valid?

and here is what my NOA said. Can you please tell me if yours had the same passage.

"the above application has been received by our office and is in process. Our records show your personal information is as follows.....

Please verify your personal info listed above and notify our office at the address or phone number listed below.

Upon receipt of all required Record Checks, you will be scheduled to appear for an interview at your local office."

this was all. there was nothing about biometrics appointment. Did all of you had the same in their NOA?

Also the application number cannot be used to check my status online..

i am confused...

thank you for your help.

Hey K, My NOA said exactly the same so I wouldn't worry. As for the biometrics, I haven't been able to figure out any coherent logic, some get it while their fingerprints are valid, some do not get the notice, some get the notice but do not do the actual FP because once USCIS checks they're still valid. Some have no bio notice and directly the IL. Somewhere within the january filers thread, I read that someone who had not received the FP, called USCIS and was told that because they were less than 15 months, her older results were still valid. So don't worry.

As for the application number, it may take a little time for it to appear in the system. Did you include any signs lik an asterisk?

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 TIMELINE / NYC District Office

03/10/09--------SENT

03/16/09--------NOA priority date

03/24/09--------NOA DATE

04/01/09--------FP notice date

04/14/09--------FP DATE

06/01/09--------IL notice date

07/23/09--------IL DATE -----APPROVED

08/04/09--------Oath --------US CITIZEN

08/04/09--------Applied for passport

08/14/09--------Received passport

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wife had her biometrics done just eleven months before for the I-751, but we still got the appointment for just the fingerprints for yet another long trip to Milwaukee. USCIS states that they may use your last fingerprints up to 15 months, but still will charge you the 80 bucks because it cost them that much to open your file.

In a way, we were glad to get that appointment, because at least we knew our case was active and our file wasn't misplaced in some hole like our I-751 was and for our efforts, after asking or begging is more like it, getting a copy of the study guide. But from reports, here, you sure don't get a letter from the USCIS stating they are going to use your last fingerprints, so you are left hanging and don't know what in the hell is going on.

It's ironic to me the USCIS doesn't even send out extremely important documents via registered or certified mail, looks like a junk mail sending and mail does get lost or stolen. Good thing I have honest neighbors and honest myself, find their mail in my box and they find our mail in theirs. You may not even get that interview letter in which case you will be delinquent. I would not mind paying a couple of bucks more in the fee to be guaranteed with proof that they did sent the letter, just one more thing to worry about.

Could not believe after paying a small fortune to the DOS, they sent back my wife's 400 buck to replace certificate via first class mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Hello everyone,

I sent my paperwork to the Texas lock box on 2/26, they received it on 03/02 and i received the NOA on 03/14. I am still waiting for an appointment for the biometrics

My husband is still waiting also for his biometrics - his was received by Texas lock box on 2/26 with an NOA date of 3/04

SUE & NASR. EDDINE

Married March 25, 2004 - Tunis, Tunisia

Timelines are now in profile

02/23/05- Husband arrives............POE Newark, NJ!

CITIZENSHIP

02/23/09 - mailed citizenship papers to Lewisville, TX - priority mail

02/26/09 - received at TX

03/04/09 - Service Center deposits check

03/04/09 - NOA date

03/06/09 - check posted to my account

03/09/09 - NOA received in mail

06/04/09 - called Customer Service - in regards to not receiving bio appointment

06/13/09 - received letter in regards to my inquiry to Customer Service - stating husband had recently missed biometric appointment (never received a notice in mail) - going to be rescheduled - letter dated 06/05/09

06/17/09 - received Notice for biometrics appointment - dated 06/12/09

06/26/09 - Biometrics Appointment - St. Albans, VT

08/20/09 - Received Interview Appointment Letter

10/05/09 - Interview - Albany, NY- PASSED

10/23/09 - Oath Ceremony - Fort Edward, NY

01/28/10 - applied for US Passport

02/19/10 - received back naturalization certificate

02/22/10 - received US Passport

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

One of the December filers just got his/her fingerprint appointment this week (for April). I don't know what happened there, usually you have your biometrics appointment about a month after you file. Anyways, you never know what's going to happen. Your fingerprints still might be valid and you might get scheduled for the interview right away or you might get a biometrics appointment. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the whole process won't take too long. :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

i called them this morning and the pleasant lady on the phone told me to call back if i dont get a letter by April 2nd becasue they received my paperwork on March 2nd. So within a month one is supposed to get their appointment.

I also told her that i had biometrics taken last April and asked if they may still be valid and she said it is mendatory to go for biometrics again.... so how come some people dont do biometrics again... i dont think the people posting here are making it up and telling everyone they didnt go for a second appointment.

i called them this morning and the pleasant lady on the phone told me to call back if i dont get a letter by April 2nd becasue they received my paperwork on March 2nd. So within a month one is supposed to get their appointment.

I also told her that i had biometrics taken last April and asked if they may still be valid and she said it is mendatory to go for biometrics again.... so how come some people dont do biometrics again... i dont think the people posting here are making it up and telling everyone they didnt go for a second appointment.

From what I'm reading, some say biometrics are valid for "15 months", some say "18 months", can anyone please clarify? Thanks in advance!

I'm also thinking (don't know if it's true or not) it may depends on the processing time of the local center, e.g. local center processing time is 5 months, and someone just did biometrics (for whatever reason, I-751, lost and have to replace GC, etc.) 12 months ago, plus that 5 months = 17 months would be within the 18 months, so they don't have to take biometrics again?

By the way, if someone doesn't have to do the biometrics again, do they get a refund of that "$80.00"? I know that's not much but it would pay 4/5 of the passport application fee ($100.00) I believe. :unsure:

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.