6 posts in this topic

hi..I sent my I-751 on the first of April and received the NOA1 on the 5th. I also received the BIO appt on the 15th, but I can't find my status online. Is this normal? I thought as soon as I have my application number I can already check it. Is there anybody who has the same experience? I think I'm just getting worried too much. Maybe it's nothing..Thanks guys!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
hello you need to use the receipt number in the biometrics appointment

so you can check the status of your application

This is right. The receipt number on the NOA is an internal number and not tied into the online status update option. You will notice that the biometrics letter has a different case number. Look up that number instead. If it doesn't work, wait a few days, possibly even until after biometrics are done and then check again. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

hello you need to use the receipt number in the biometrics appointment

so you can check the status of your application

This is right. The receipt number on the NOA is an internal number and not tied into the online status update option. You will notice that the biometrics letter has a different case number. Look up that number instead. If it doesn't work, wait a few days, possibly even until after biometrics are done and then check again. Good luck.

yes I noticed that and I am usin thr receipt number in my biomrtrics appt..still can't br found..

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Maybe it is because your biometrics haven't been done yet. Kathryn suggested maybe waiting until after that has been done and check again.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You can check you status online when the USCIS will recieve your biometrics file....so no worries keep trusting Lord ;-)

ROUND 4 - KNOCK OUT ROUND [N-400 Naturalization!!!

30-Mar-2010 N-400 Form sent to Phoenix Service Center

31-Mar-2010 N-400 Packet Recieved at 10:30am

13-Apr-2010 Check Cashed

16-Apr-2010 Recieved I-797C Notice of Action

20-Apr-2010 Mailed RFE (I believe must be Biometrics)

22-Apr-2010 Case Updated

27-Apr-2010 Received Biometrics letter set for May 13

13-May-2010 Biometrics Completed in PHX

11-Jun-2010 Receieved Text at 1:00 AM from USCIS "CASE TOUCHED"

11-Jun-2010 Case Transfered to Local Office, PHX for Interview

12-Jun-2010 Case Touched

14-Jun-2010 Interview Letter Recieved, Set for July 19th

16-Jun-2010 Case Touched

19-Jul-2010 Interview Day in Phoenix AZ @ 9:40am

19-Jul-2010 Case Approved Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

29-Jul-2010 Received N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony Letter set for Aug 6th from local office Phoenix,AZ...wooohoooo!!! Praise the LORD

31-Jul-2010 Received 2nd N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony Letter for Aug 6th from NBC Missouri

06-Aug-2010 Oath Ceremony at Dist.Court PHX....Proud to be a US Citizen...wooohoooo!!! Thank you Lord

06-Aug-2010 SSN Updated at District Court PHX

06-Aug-2010 Register for Voters Card at District Court PHX

22-Feb-2011 Applied for U.S. Passport - lol oops been lazy

07-Mar-2011 US Passport Issued

09-Mar-2011 US Passport Received...yipeee

11-May-2011 Sent Renunciation Application to India Embassy, San Francisco CA

25-May-2011 India Embassy recieved Renunciation application

06-Jun-2011 Received Renunciation Surrender Certificate from India Embassy.....grrr $ 190 bucks for one small tiny seal humph!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.