KingAbu

question about airline tickets

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello VJers! It is been a while since I have not posted anything here.

My wife just completed her meds yesterday in Nairobi and I was getting ready to book in a ticket until the agent (the guy who is booking the ticket for me) told me that my wife will not be allowed to be a transit in Europe. She can only enter places like Dubai, Turkey, etc. Is this true? The reason I want to know is well you see, I have two options, I can either take KLM for 1050.00 USD or Emirates for 1480.00 USD. Obviously anywise man would take the cheaper airline and they are both good. I flew with Emirates before for my wedding and my siblings flew with KLM before and they said nothing but good stuff. So no worries there. But is it true then that my wife will not be allowed to enter Europe because she is not a resident or a citizen of the US? And remember she doesn't have a passport either. So anyone know anything bout this? Please let me know before I book a ticket. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance. :)

Peace and take care.

I'm not sure, won't she have an american visa?

Marriage : 2008-07-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-03

Dec 22 2008 Transferred to California Service Center

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-12

NVC Received : 2009-1-16

Officially in AVR : 2009-1-17 emailed scanned DS 3032

DS 3032 generated and accepted via email/ AOS I-864 generated : 2009-1-23

Received I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Pay IV Bill : 2009-1-26 status PAID 1-28

Send Completed I 864 and IV Package (overnight) : 2009-2-4 (had to wait for hubby's PC and original birth certificate to arrive)

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-2-11 !!!!

NVC Left : Received email March 3rd

Medical Completed : March 12, 2009

Interview Date : April 22, 2009. 8 am. VISA APPROVED!!!

Visa in Hand : April 27th, 2008!!! Arrival May 11th! POE JFK

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 101 days from your NOA1 date. NVC completed in 26 days! Interview was 201 days from Noa 1.

Timeline
I'm not sure, won't she have an american visa?

Yes but will that suffice?

Maybe look into getting a transit visa for the Netherlands assuming that the KLM flight will be connecting through Amsterdam.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a transit visa? And how do you obtain one?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Her US visa will be in her passport correct? I would have a copy of your marriage papers available just in case there are any questions. She should be able to pass through the airport(transit visa), but she may not be able to go outside the airport(tourist visa). Call the airline, they will know for sure what to do, they want your business!

Good Luck, Mike & Yizhen

Edited by turbo2253

married in Nanning 10/28/06 I-130 mailed 11/24/06 I-129F mailed 12/8/06

I-130 & I-129F both approved 3/1/07

I-824 sent 3/9/07 K-3 sent to GUZ 3/15/07

K-3 P-3 sent 5/30/07 P-3 ret'd 5/31/07 (P-3 rec'd by mail 6/7/07)

rec'd P-4 6/27/07 interview 8/8/07 (rec'd P-4 by mail 7/3/07)

Interview 8/8/07 "PINK" entered US 8/27/07

Rec'd approved I-824 & re-approved I-130 10/11/07

after 12.5 mo. DHS Ombudsman sends I-130 to NVC 10/30/08, and asks for case to be expedited

NVC rec'd 12/26/08, NVC to GUZ 1/5/09,

NVC sends email to GUZ requesting Expedite 1/9 or 1/14? DOS says "waiting for interview date" 2/9

INTERVIEW 4/28/2009 P-4 delivered to US in 6 days via FedEx 3/26/2009

4/28/2009 INTERVIEW PINK ! ! ! !

VISA PICK-UP 4/30/2009 9:50 AM

Enter IR-1 POE Chicago "ORD", SS Card 6/27/09, welcome letter 7/2/09

10 YEAR GREEN CARD 7/6/2009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

KingAbu,

Use KLM through Armsterdam, she'll just stay at the airport until her next flight, no need for a transit visa because she will not go passed the immigration, UK is a BIG NO NO.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You will not be able to go out and see Amsterdam with your wife since she is not yet a US Citizen. She just have a US entry VISA at this time. However, the agent should have told you that there is no problem for you & wife to stay at the airport for the connecting flight.

However I do hear that some transit countries are demanding Transit VISA to be issued from originating countries to cross-check all credentials and I guess to be extra careful. You need to find out if that is the case with Amsterdam and you country. I think it is UK that is a problem mostly, but you should be fine here.

When you said that she does not have a passport, I am assuming that you are talking about US Passport. Right!. In that case, I hope my answer is clear. She either sits in the airport waiting for the connecting flight or simply gets a transit VISA from her country.

Remember, in both case and more important in the case that she does NOT have a Transit VISA - the final destination cannot be Amsterdam. Your ticket should have a connecting flight departing from Amsterdam.

Good luck and enjoy the trip.

KingAbu,

Use KLM through Armsterdam, she'll just stay at the airport until her next flight, no need for a transit visa because she will not go passed the immigration, UK is a BIG NO NO.

--------------------------------

Aug 30, 2008 -- Married in Cairo

Oct 28, 2009 -- Wife arrived USA

Sep 6, 2011 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to lift conditions

Sep 13, 2011 -- NOA received date.

Sep 29, 2011 -- Biometric appointment.

Timeline
You will not be able to go out and see Amsterdam with your wife since she is not yet a US Citizen. She just have a US entry VISA at this time. However, the agent should have told you that there is no problem for you & wife to stay at the airport for the connecting flight.

However I do hear that some transit countries are demanding Transit VISA to be issued from originating countries to cross-check all credentials and I guess to be extra careful. You need to find out if that is the case with Amsterdam and you country. I think it is UK that is a problem mostly, but you should be fine here.

When you said that she does not have a passport, I am assuming that you are talking about US Passport. Right!. In that case, I hope my answer is clear. She either sits in the airport waiting for the connecting flight or simply gets a transit VISA from her country.

Remember, in both case and more important in the case that she does NOT have a Transit VISA - the final destination cannot be Amsterdam. Your ticket should have a connecting flight departing from Amsterdam.

Good luck and enjoy the trip.

KingAbu,

Actually she doesn't have both US passport or any other passports for that matter. (Long story. I explained it before her VJ :)). But thank you anyway. And the agent did not tell me anything about that. But we booked through Emirates. Thanx anyway though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.