JillSmith

Got my visa I just need a little checking

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I'm under CR1 spousal visa. I got my visa today! PTL! But I'd like to ask because there were two numbers added after my case number that would look it's a part of it. I mean, they added 01 after my case number in my visa. Is this normal?

Example. MNL2008XXXXXX01. My case number is right except that 01 was added.

Thank you for any kind hearted person.

Jill

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello everyone!

I'm under CR1 spousal visa. I got my visa today! PTL! But I'd like to ask because there were two numbers added after my case number that would look it's a part of it. I mean, they added 01 after my case number in my visa. Is this normal?

Jill

You guys worry too much.... 01 is probably a code or check digit of some sort...

Since you are CR1 then this is certainly not a K-1 issue where it is currently...... moving

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello everyone!

Jill

Nobody's perfect maybe it's just a computer or a typist error. No need to worry. :whistle: But anyway CONGRATS! :thumbs:

vAYw-19x.jpg?height=640&scale=max&width=640

vAYw-195.jpg

vAYw-19t.jpg?height=640&scale=max&width=640

Filed: Timeline

This is how I had it explained to me:

LIN = Lincoln, Nebraska or NSC

EAC = St. Albans, Vermont or VSC

SRC = Dallas, Texas or TSC

WAC = Western Adjudication Center Laguna Niguel, California or CSC

MTL = Montreal

MNL = Manilla

etc, etc, etc

So let's say your case # is MNL 2008 001 50001

• The first three letters represent the Consulate/Embassy/Service Center. In your case, Manilla.
  • 2008 represents the fiscal year (October 1, through September 30) in which the case was received.
  • The 001 represents the computer workday in the fiscal year on which the fee was taken, which is calculated by counting the number of working days from October 1. Saturdays and Sundays and national holidays are not included.
  • The 50001 represents the particular case number.
There doesn't appear to be an error in your number so I wouldn't worry. :) Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline
This is how I had it explained to me:

LIN = Lincoln, Nebraska or NSC

EAC = St. Albans, Vermont or VSC

SRC = Dallas, Texas or TSC

WAC = Western Adjudication Center Laguna Niguel, California or CSC

MTL = Montreal

MNL = Manilla

etc, etc, etc

So let's say your case # is MNL 2008 001 50001

• The first three letters represent the Consulate/Embassy/Service Center. In your case, Manilla.
  • 2008 represents the fiscal year (October 1, through September 30) in which the case was received.
  • The 001 represents the computer workday in the fiscal year on which the fee was taken, which is calculated by counting the number of working days from October 1. Saturdays and Sundays and national holidays are not included.
  • The 50001 represents the particular case number.
There doesn't appear to be an error in your number so I wouldn't worry. :)

Hello, Thank you all for your help. Visa Journey has been so much help to us. This post made sense. You know if you waited for almost a year you kind of freak out for little things. :-) Good to know this! Thank you very much!!!

Timeline
Congrats hey can you let me know what kind of question did they ask and what documents they ask we have a date for our interview thank you.!!!

Okay, be sure you have with you some evidences of your relationship. Like cards, love letters, money remittances, phone bills, even a delivery receipt of the flower sent to you.

The questions vary. But in my case the pre screener just asked for my age and birthday. It was too easy that I got blank when he asked me that question. Hehe.

My final interview just took us about 5 minutes. It was a plus having my husband with me. The interviewer asked my husband few questions. Like, what has he been doing in the Phils for over a year. Also, when did we first met in person and others were just petty talks very simple. On my part he just asked me to name the work of my aunt who co sponsored my husband. Then he apologized for the long process it took us and said we will get our visa in under a week. Praise the Lord! We then went to the last window to retrieve my documents and I got pink slip. We were asked to pay in advance Air 21 who delivered my visa after 3 business days. Please prepare Php. 500 for the delivery. It should be more than enough.

Just be confident and calm. Pray all the time. No worries, I know you will do just fine. :-)

What state are you headed?

Timeline
:dance::dance::dance:CONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY TRIP :dance::dance::dance:

Hello, Thank you! :-)

Congrats hey can you let me know what kind of question did they ask and what documents they ask we have a date for our interview thank you.!!!

Opppss. Sori I thought you came from the Philippines. Anyway, the questions are easy. :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.