12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations on your interview appointment,

Basically, you and your spouse show up at the appointment and are interviewed by an immigration officer. You bring with you all of the originals of the papers you submitted with your AOS application and any other evidence that you have to show you are a married couple. The interview is to see if you have a real marriage or a marriage that was only for immigration purposes, so they will look at your evidence and also how you and your spouse act together during the interview and how well you know each other.

If your interview is a success you will be approved for your green card. If when you are approved you have already been married for more than 2 years you will receive a 10 year card. If you have been married for less than 2 years, then you will receive a 2 year conditional green card. The condition is that you will have to apply 2 years after you get your 2 year green card to have the 'condition' removed. That means you submit another application and a lot more evidence to prove you have a real marriage. After that application - called "Removal of Conditions" - is approved you get your 10 year green card.

Good luck at your AOS interview.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Basically, you and your spouse show up at the appointment and are interviewed by an immigration officer. You bring with you all of the originals of the papers you submitted with your AOS application and any other evidence that you have to show you are a married couple. The interview is to see if you have a real marriage or a marriage that was only for immigration purposes, so they will look at your evidence and also how you and your spouse act together during the interview and how well you know each other.

If your interview is a success you will be approved for your green card. If when you are approved you have already been married for more than 2 years you will receive a 10 year card. If you have been married for less than 2 years, then you will receive a 2 year conditional green card. The condition is that you will have to apply 2 years after you get your 2 year green card to have the 'condition' removed. That means you submit another application and a lot more evidence to prove you have a real marriage. After that application - called "Removal of Conditions" - is approved you get your 10 year green card.

thank u so much for your nice information

i have just 5 month to my marriage

so is the last interview or i have a other one with 10 years card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline

thank u so much for your nice information

i have just 5 month to my marriage

so is the last interview or i have a other one with 10 years card

next time use the search bar..

*10/1/08 Married

*11/14/08 Mailed AOS package

*11/17/08 Package Received

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

*12/31/08 Notice for Interview Received

* 1/22/09 EAD Card received

*2/19/09 AOS Interview >>Approved

*2/26/09 Welcome letter received

*3/5/09 Green Card received in the mail!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

normaly if u file with ur spouse the removal u will not call up for an interview again..but it can happen..that will decide the officer from case to case..

be sure that u have enough evidence to proof the bona fide of ur marriage in the first interview

good luck

AOS Timeline

08/13/08 AOS sent
08/18/08 NOA1
08/22/08 Appointment Biomentrics
09/10/08 Biometrics done
09/11/08 RFE
09/18/08 Case transfered to NBC
10/16/08 EAD approved
10/24/08 EAD approved again
10/27/08 EAD in Mail
10/28/08 applied for SSN (not verified)still waiting:-(
12/18/08 got my SSN today YEAHHHHH
12/30/08 passed my TX DL today YIPPIEEEEEEE
03/03/09 Interview ,approved...thanks god:-)
03/09/09 Welcome letter in Mail.Juhuuuuuuuu
03/16/09 Green Card in Mail:-)))))

02/02/10 I-751 Waiver to VSC
02/08/10 NOA1
02/17/10 Check cashed
04/15/10 Biometrics
07/26/10 Interview
08/06/10 Approved ,thanks god juhuuuuuuuuuuuu
08/16/10 Greencard in Mail,done for ten years:-))

N-400 here we go in the last round

12/09/2013 N-400 to Dallas

12/13/2013 NOA1

12/18/2013 check cashed

01/03/2014 Biometrics

02/04/2014 in line for Interview

04/11/2014 Interview& Oath

normaly if u file with ur spouse the removal u will not call up for an interview again..but it can happen..that will decide the officer from case to case..

be sure that u have enough evidence to proof the bona fide of ur marriage in the first interview

good luck

thak u so much

can u tell me some exemple for evidence plz

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline

good luck

thak u so much

use the search bar!!!! hundreads of posts about that...

*10/1/08 Married

*11/14/08 Mailed AOS package

*11/17/08 Package Received

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

*12/31/08 Notice for Interview Received

* 1/22/09 EAD Card received

*2/19/09 AOS Interview >>Approved

*2/26/09 Welcome letter received

*3/5/09 Green Card received in the mail!!!

good luck

thak u so much

use the search bar!!!! hundreads of posts about that...

thank u

Read your interview letter carefully- maybe several times, as it has a very long and detailed list of what kind of evidence to bring to the interview.

USCIS TIMELINE

N400 (Citizenship Application):

Package sent: 02/17/2012

NOA Date: 02/21/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.