cheep-cheep

Should he need pick me or be smart and save our money..

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our interview is scheduled for April 20, but mu hubby has only visited once. He stayed from Jun 18 2008 to July 27 2008 and we were married during that time. Since then he hasn't visited, but we have kept records of our Yahoo Messenger conversations and we've spent time together online every day. We've also exchanged cards and gifts through mail.

Do we have reason to fear being denied since he hasn't visited, even though we have kept in regular contact with each other?

Also his job and his school is at risk if he go here to pick me and jin me in the interview. He is working as after school tutor ans studying at the same time. He's graduating on june so his prof's are strict. If he pick me due to that reason his willing. But as a wife i feel guilty taking him away of his job and school and puting his career at risk.

If he lose job then how can he support me..

Please help me and give me advice..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If he can't make it my dear. Don't push him to come here or else he might lose his job. Prepare all necessary documents of your relationship for your interview. Anyway you spent together for almost 2 months. Just explain everything to the CO that he wants to come over but he is not allowed by his superior due to work and schooling.

Good luck!

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

Filed: Other Timeline

It is not a requirement that the US citizen spouse attends the interview, some consulates won't even allow them in!

I would be more concerned with gathering ample evidence that your relationship is genuine, as you have only met once, it may raise some questions.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline

:innocent:

Really? about evidence, i have no fear i have every evidence they need for the interview. just wanna make sure that they will not use that reason of not visiting often for my denial.

Ym records, text records, pictures from wedding and some places that we went, family gathering pictures, letters, cards, gifts, reciept of our wedding ring, reciept of the restaurant where our wedding took place, remitances, affidavit of support and etc isnt that a strong evidence?

Timeline
It is not a requirement that the US citizen spouse attends the interview, some consulates won't even allow them in!

I would be more concerned with gathering ample evidence that your relationship is genuine, as you have only met once, it may raise some questions.

It may raise questions being that you got married right away in the first time you've seen each other. Just be prepare to answer all possible questions and dont show any nervousness or anything. Me and mt husband saw each other 3 times before marrying and we've known each other for 2 yrs before we decided to meet for the first time, yet they still ask me a questions like why did he wait for 2 years to visit u and wait 3 years to get married?? lol, i guess we cant really say if it depends on how short or long the engagement is..they still will ask questions about it. Good thing about my interview tho, the IO praised me and my husband for being patient and taking time to really know each other..like he told me, we had a very good start and then he said im approved, lol.

I wish u good luck and everything is gonna go well. Keep the faith!

March '05 - met George online thru common friend

March '06 - He went to visit me in the PI first time

May '06 - He came back for the family reunion and proposed for marriage

Nov. '06 - came back to prepare for our wedding

Dec 16, '06 - Wedding Day!

took at least 6 or 7 months (as i remember) for the K3 and was approved!

Nov '07 - I arrived in the US

together again with my gwapo, lol

April 9 - mailed in AOS package

April 13 - NOA for EAD and AOS

April 22 - Biometrics Appointment and will be on May 7 in Jamaica

May 7 - Biometrics done!

May 14 - Got an RFE dated may 9 - joint sponsor :-(

June 5 - they received our reply to the RFE

June 10 - EAD card production ordered, YAYYYYY Thank u, God!

June 21 - EAD card received in mail.

...and the waiting continues for the interview date...... will update later

so i got my interview date, and guess when??

Sept 10 - yaayyyy and its my hubby's Birthday! Approval would be a GREAT bday gift.

Sept 10 - got APPROVED! Indeed its a GREAT Birthday gift! " Card production Ordered" Yayyy

Sept 18 - Welcome Letter received!

Sept 19 - Green Card in hand!

:innocent:

Really? about evidence, i have no fear i have every evidence they need for the interview. just wanna make sure that they will not use that reason of not visiting often for my denial.

Ym records, text records, pictures from wedding and some places that we went, family gathering pictures, letters, cards, gifts, reciept of our wedding ring, reciept of the restaurant where our wedding took place, remitances, affidavit of support and etc isnt that a strong evidence?

All that looks good to bring to the interview. You may also want to show evidence on the "length" of your relationship, your not very clear in you OP. (did you two meet the first visit then, then get married?)

How is his finances? no co-sponsors? How far ahead is he from the poverty level? That is the only thing they may trigger on (lack of meeting after marriage) -

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

My father in law who is working in the governemnt co-sponsor me. He's the only child but he's working as after school tutor and been working for 8 years as a night shift manager at a super market. He's is also studying but he's is graduating in june and final is coming up thats why he cant leave school and work is strict.

We've known each other for 6 months before he decided to meet me in person. Than after 1 month we decided to get marry. We're now 1 year and 3 months his last visit was july 27.

Edited by Reaubean

Timeline

Also my father in law stated in his sponsorship that he will help us for 3 years and his salary is really big he has many assets and my husband is in his will and some of his asstes.

Though even without my father-in-law my husband can still support me because except for teaching he is also doing a lot of part time jobs.

I hope thats reasonable...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Good luck! Just be prepared to answer questions about your husband's personal life, because they will want to see that you know him very well even though you got married almost as soon as you met in person. That is the unusual part, being married so quickly. It is the season now of spring breaks for university classes, and they might wonder why he didn't come to see you now, when there are no classes -- or last Christmas, perhaps.

Regarding the sponsorship, your father-in-law's obligation will end when the two of you are married and you apply for the green card (AOS). Whoever sponsors you for the green card is making a ten-year commitment. By then, your husband may have a fulltime job and he can be the sponsor.

Our interview is scheduled for April 20, but mu hubby has only visited once. He stayed from Jun 18 2008 to July 27 2008 and we were married during that time. Since then he hasn't visited, but we have kept records of our Yahoo Messenger conversations and we've spent time together online every day. We've also exchanged cards and gifts through mail.

Do we have reason to fear being denied since he hasn't visited, even though we have kept in regular contact with each other?

Also his job and his school is at risk if he go here to pick me and jin me in the interview. He is working as after school tutor ans studying at the same time. He's graduating on june so his prof's are strict. If he pick me due to that reason his willing. But as a wife i feel guilty taking him away of his job and school and puting his career at risk.

@@@

Don't worry to much of him not visiting you as much. SAVE your money and keep your records. Also take a picture of him in front of his schhol and the most current newspaper. I haven't vsiited my wife since we got married last MAY 2008, so I know where you at. Economy is bad enough, he doesn't need for him to visit you rather concenrates on his school and his job and sooon you will be together. SALAMAT !!! I am in the miliotary and being an INSTRUCTOR I can't take 1 month of leave even if I want to...they will only let me go for 2 weeks but I decided not to because of the expences, plane ticket, hotels, food, transportation. Instead I save my money and use that money I will use for my vacation for my wife's rent, plane ticket to manila from Cebu, Cebu to Texas and souvenirs expences!

Honey Bun and Sweet Bun Forevermore

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Do not worry about days you spent together, I came across so few people on VJ who spent years together and/ or having child together but still got “AP”.

*IR-1 Visa* VSC

I-130 (IR-1):

07/22/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-130 NOA2: Approved in 210 days from NOA1 date

I-129F (K-3):

08/11/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-129F NOA2: Approved in 190 days from NOA1 date

<not pursuing I-129F petition further but NVC forwarded case to Consulate on 02/24/2009>

NVC Journey:

02/19/2009: NVC Received/Case number assigned for I-130

02/20/2009: DS-3032 sent by e-mail and 03/04/2009: DS-3032 sent by regular mail

02/26/2009: NVC received DS-3032 Choice of Agent selection

02/26/2009: DS-3032 accepted and AOS Bill Generated but not IV Bill

02/28/2009: AOS Bill Package received in mail

02/28/2009: Paid AOS Bill and IV Bill (as it was available) online

03/03/2009: Both AOS and IV Bill Show as Paid and Coversheet Printed

03/04/2009: Mailed I-864 and IV (DS-230) Packages

03/06/2009: I-864 and IV Packages Received by NVC and Scanned on 03/10/2009

03/13/2009: Case completed at NVC (in 17 working days from date NVC Received)

03/25/2009: Interview date assigned by NVC

US Consulate @ Mumbai, India

04/02/2009: Medical Exam (based on NVC e-mail for interview)

04/13/2009: Interview Packet Received from US Consulate

04/16/2009: Documents submitted at VFS office

[Classified]: Date of Interview

USA Journey

02/21/2009: Permanent Resident # Received (Ref: NOA2 of USCIS)

05/2009: POE

##/##/2009: Permanent Resident Card

##/##/2009: SSN

Love must be sincere............Roman 12:9

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You should'nt have any reason to worry, I met my filipino wife in a a third country, were we spent 4 months together. I have never traveled or visited the PI. We applied for our K1 in Jun 08 and she arrived here in Dec 08,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.