Tom and Teaw

Question About Time And Expediting

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have an I-130 petition filed for my wife in Thailand. After going to Chicago and then to Vermont, it was sent to, of all places, California, for processing. When I called I was told it was because they were too busy in Vermont. Of course, I don't understand how any USCIS office in Calif. could be less busy as Vermont but what the heck.

Is there any way to get the petition expedited during the wait for the approval process after it has already been filed?

I have an I-130 petition filed for my wife in Thailand. After going to Chicago and then to Vermont, it was sent to, of all places, California, for processing. When I called I was told it was because they were too busy in Vermont. Of course, I don't understand how any USCIS office in Calif. could be less busy as Vermont but what the heck.

Is there any way to get the petition expedited during the wait for the approval process after it has already been filed?

Expedited for what reason? And having waited too long is not a reason USCIS considers valid for the purposes of approving expedited processing. A life or death illness of the USC, yes...perhaps, US millitary impedning deployment, yes, but waiting because the service centers are overloaded is not.

ETA: Your timeline says you petitioned and had an interview date for a I-129F petition for a K-1 visa, why are you now filing an I-130 for a spouse?

-P

Edited by Minya's wife
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Ah, we cancelled the fiancee visa and got married and refiled under I-130.

was your K-1 visa application rejected or you just canceled before the interview?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why, with the change to CSC you could get your approval in about 2 months. CSC is moving a lot faster than Vermont

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you dot every "I" and cross every "T" and your application is pretty straight forward, CSC is the place to be. Check our approval times at the bottom of our timeline. Best wishes,

RickD

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

Marriage : 2008-12-18

I-130 Sent : 2009-01-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-01-12

I-129F Sent : 2009-01-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-01-21

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-27

NVC Received : 2009-03-10

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

I-130 Approval : 2009-02-27

Comments : 01/26/2009 Touched

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 37 days from your NOA1 date.

Your I-130 was approved in 46 days from your NOA1 date.

RickD

http://www.freebizfromhome.com

If you really want things to change, you actually have to DO something!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

There some information available for expedite process at USCIS:

Home > Services & Benefits > "How Do I?" Customer Guides > If Your Case is Pending

*IR-1 Visa* VSC

I-130 (IR-1):

07/22/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-130 NOA2: Approved in 210 days from NOA1 date

I-129F (K-3):

08/11/2008: NOA1

02/17/2009: I-129F NOA2: Approved in 190 days from NOA1 date

<not pursuing I-129F petition further but NVC forwarded case to Consulate on 02/24/2009>

NVC Journey:

02/19/2009: NVC Received/Case number assigned for I-130

02/20/2009: DS-3032 sent by e-mail and 03/04/2009: DS-3032 sent by regular mail

02/26/2009: NVC received DS-3032 Choice of Agent selection

02/26/2009: DS-3032 accepted and AOS Bill Generated but not IV Bill

02/28/2009: AOS Bill Package received in mail

02/28/2009: Paid AOS Bill and IV Bill (as it was available) online

03/03/2009: Both AOS and IV Bill Show as Paid and Coversheet Printed

03/04/2009: Mailed I-864 and IV (DS-230) Packages

03/06/2009: I-864 and IV Packages Received by NVC and Scanned on 03/10/2009

03/13/2009: Case completed at NVC (in 17 working days from date NVC Received)

03/25/2009: Interview date assigned by NVC

US Consulate @ Mumbai, India

04/02/2009: Medical Exam (based on NVC e-mail for interview)

04/13/2009: Interview Packet Received from US Consulate

04/16/2009: Documents submitted at VFS office

[Classified]: Date of Interview

USA Journey

02/21/2009: Permanent Resident # Received (Ref: NOA2 of USCIS)

05/2009: POE

##/##/2009: Permanent Resident Card

##/##/2009: SSN

Love must be sincere............Roman 12:9

Forget about getting your petition expedited unless you have a heavy duty reason. Get moving on the NVC requirements. Use Ling Che NVC and Jame's shortcuts. Main thing is to get all your ducks in a row to submit to NVC.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.