Cigarovich

Venting - the Curse of IMBRA

28 posts in this topic

I hope this situation only lasts for a couple of days, because I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

I got my NOA1 for my K1 petition in mid-March. I'm one of the lucky 1100 who were recalled after getting NOA2s and interviews. People who applied 2 weeks EARLIER than I did don't have to comply with IMBRA, while dozens of people who applied weeks or months LATER at VSC have already been sent the new RFE. We have no cohesive answers, no official explanation.

Nice how-do-you-do at a crucial step in building a life together. Are we cursed? Do we deserve such a negative omen?

I'm not putting myself in front of anyone else, but I just want to know if you think that this is a new brand of cruel and unusual punishment, some Caesarian Ides Of March thing, fate or what??

Just venting.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Having the interview pulled out from under you after everything else certainly adds insult to injury. I really do feel for you situation.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

"The curse of IMBRA" has a Star Trek ring to it.

this is going to be cold hearted..but guess what.. IMBRA is the ###### LAW...deal with it...........

Edited by almaty2004

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Think of it this way...timing is everything. Counteract your whinging about IMBRA by thinking...wow...being in the RIGHT place and the RIGHT time made me meet my fiancee!!

See? brightens up your day right?

Brother Dean is a right thinking kind of man :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Think of it this way...timing is everything. Counteract your whinging about IMBRA by thinking...wow...being in the RIGHT place and the RIGHT time made me meet my fiancee!!

See? brightens up your day right?

Brother Dean is a right thinking kind of man :)

Absolutely on both counts. I believe everything happens for a reason, so I am sure you will figure out why when it is the right time like when you met your SO.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Gang!

This may seem really mean, but everyone is affected by IMBRA; even people like me whose applications only went in this week with the new forms. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to what order people get their RFEs, or even their NOAs. As much as I hate the delay caused by this new law, the reasoning behind the law is to protect people before they are hurt.

Trust me, I feel your pain...I wish I could be with my love more than anything but I realize there is nothing I can do about it. I am about the least patient person I know but I know this will all be worth it in the end. My love is forever, this is only temporary.

Although it must be hard to hear of people who have come after you getting their RFE's first, or even new applicants moving through the process with what seems like ease but why not be happy for them and support them. I know, I may sound horrible but everytime I hear a positive story on here about how people have moved through the process, I am empowered to believe that maybe, just maybe, Daniel and I will have an easy journey. Or in the very least, will make it through eventually. Have faith and believe that you are travelling this road for a reason. God only gives us as much as we can handle, although there are times that He has more faith in us than we do.

:star: Remember, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that is being in the arms of the person you love for the rest of your life. Do not look so much to tomorrow that you forget to live today. :star:

Best wishes to all :thumbs:

"Let your legs carry your body and your heart carry your dreams."

June 19th, 2006 - I129-F sent via Fedex (courtesy of my Honey's work) to arrive using next day delivery

Mid- July - Found out I129-F never left his company but is lost there.....need to gather and try again

August 2006 - Still waiting...maybe not the I-129F route anymore

Timeline

this is going to be cold hearted..but guess what.. IMBRA is the ###### LAW...deal with it...........

His paperwork getting lost is not the law. Its a ###### up system. So yes, that is very cold.

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

His paperwork getting lost is not the law. Its a ###### up system. So yes, that is very cold.

so chucles, why is posted under the curse on imbra...and the system is ###### up for everyone to a certain extent..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey Gang!

This may seem really mean, but everyone is affected by IMBRA; even people like me whose applications only went in this week with the new forms. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to what order people get their RFEs, or even their NOAs. As much as I hate the delay caused by this new law, the reasoning behind the law is to protect people before they are hurt.

Trust me, I feel your pain...I wish I could be with my love more than anything but I realize there is nothing I can do about it. I am about the least patient person I know but I know this will all be worth it in the end. My love is forever, this is only temporary.

Although it must be hard to hear of people who have come after you getting their RFE's first, or even new applicants moving through the process with what seems like ease but why not be happy for them and support them. I know, I may sound horrible but everytime I hear a positive story on here about how people have moved through the process, I am empowered to believe that maybe, just maybe, Daniel and I will have an easy journey. Or in the very least, will make it through eventually. Have faith and believe that you are travelling this road for a reason. God only gives us as much as we can handle, although there are times that He has more faith in us than we do.

:star: Remember, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that is being in the arms of the person you love for the rest of your life. Do not look so much to tomorrow that you forget to live today. :star:

Best wishes to all :thumbs:

This is so very true, and you are so right. Cheers

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline

so chucles, why is posted under the curse on imbra...and the system is ###### up for everyone to a certain extent..

I dunno... and I suppose it is. But now we got people whining about the whining, so I thought I would whine about you whining about the whining. If someone wants to whine about my whine about your whine of the whine, then thats fine!

Or we can just not click on subjects we don't like! :lol: Gotta love the internet!

Edited by Chuckles

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

flame war with dean???? i'm in shock!!!!! :o

don't distract him, chuckles!!! he's working on his VJ Sensitivity Training for posters!!!! :P:lol:

IMBRA whiners should go here!!!!!

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Timeline

Its not a flame war! whacky103.gif:hehe:

I would not spar with the great almaty2004 !! whacky108.gif

Edited by Chuckles

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.