kseniya-md

К3 visa+CR1???????????????

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Listen guys today I recieved the answer to my letter I sent to the Moscow embassy,I asked them can i get my K3 visa ( I will have interview on March 26th) and then come back to Moscow later and recieve my CR-1 visa( my case completed on March 11th, but didnt get on the schedule list for the next month).

And the embassy answered- that yes I can get K3 visa and then come back to Moscow because it is multivisa. Is it true? I didnt know that with K3 visa I can travel without travel document( I-131). Please explaine me who knows about it.Thanks for all answers from you (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Listen guys today I recieved the answer to my letter I sent to the Moscow embassy,I asked them can i get my K3 visa ( I will have interview on March 26th) and then come back to Moscow later and recieve my CR-1 visa( my case completed on March 11th, but didnt get on the schedule list for the next month).

And the embassy answered- that yes I can get K3 visa and then come back to Moscow because it is multivisa. Is it true? I didnt know that with K3 visa I can travel without travel document( I-131). Please explaine me who knows about it.Thanks for all answers from you (F)

K3 visa is 2 years multiple entry visa.

That's the way the K3 was supposed to operate when it took a long time for CRs. Take the K3 interview then go to the US and reunite with family and then when the CR-1 interview came up a year or so later you would go back and get the CR-1.

CRs have speeded WAY up now tho.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

That's the way the K3 was supposed to operate when it took a long time for CRs. Take the K3 interview then go to the US and reunite with family and then when the CR-1 interview came up a year or so later you would go back and get the CR-1.

Thak you very much- I really didnt expect that with K3 visa I can come back to Russia and recieve my Cr-1, I thought I will have to start AOS .Actually the interview for Cr-1 visa will be in june 2009( I think so because my case completed and they said in NVC that next second week of April my case will be scheduled for the interview).My husband works abroad and can come home only in April- thats why I want come and see him and then return back to Russia and finally recieve this CR.Now should I do anything with documents when I arrive with K3 visa to the USA?

Thak you very much- I really didnt expect that with K3 visa I can come back to Russia and recieve my Cr-1, I thought I will have to start AOS .Actually the interview for Cr-1 visa will be in june 2009( I think so because my case completed and they said in NVC that next second week of April my case will be scheduled for the interview).My husband works abroad and can come home only in April- thats why I want come and see him and then return back to Russia and finally recieve this CR.Now should I do anything with documents when I arrive with K3 visa to the USA?

Smart move as the K3 is a MUCH MUCH better visa. Removing conditions for the K3 is costly plus a big hassle/

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

haha- thanks for smart! So after I come back to Moscow and recieve my CR- visa I will have two visas in my passport? And should i do one more medical examination before Cr- interview?I still cant believe I wont have any problems coming back to Russia.(yes sometimes i act dumby).By the way my honey moon was in Boracay- Philippines- I fall in love with this country and people.Mabuhay!!!!!! :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
haha- thanks for smart! So after I come back to Moscow and recieve my CR- visa I will have two visas in my passport? And should i do one more medical examination before Cr- interview?I still cant believe I wont have any problems coming back to Russia.(yes sometimes i act dumby).By the way my honey moon was in Boracay- Philippines- I fall in love with this country and people.Mabuhay!!!!!! :D

Medical requirement for K3 and CR1 are different, u need to do an another medical for cr1

Timeline

Medical requirement for K3 and CR1 are different, u need to do an another medical for cr1

Hmmmmmmmmmm, but my last medical examination was march 5th 2009, and I have contraindications for vaccinations, do you think by june it will get old( I mean results of my medical exam?)So I will have to do one more X-ray and other researches again, less than in 6 monthes after first exam?I know maybe it is too ealry think of it now but I wanna be ready for this.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Hmmmmmmmmmm, but my last medical examination was march 5th 2009, and I have contraindications for vaccinations, do you think by june it will get old( I mean results of my medical exam?)So I will have to do one more X-ray and other researches again, less than in 6 monthes after first exam?I know maybe it is too ealry think of it now but I wanna be ready for this.

No, I don't think that the medical is different. I asked that from the embassy and they said it's the same one for all the immigrant visas. The medical examination is valid for 12 months and I can take it already if I'm sure that they will accept my green card / K3 within 12 months.

Our timeline:

Married 2008-01-02 in Helsinki!

I-130 sent 2008-05-14

I-130 NOA1 2008-05-18

I-130 APPROVED 2009-02-04

I-129F sent 2008-05-27

I-129F NOA1 2008-06-03

I-129F APPROVED 2009-02-04

Interview on May 5th APPROVED

Timeline

I am a newbie here at this forum, but I have just found answer at my question in K3 guideline

"If the I-130 is approved and the applicant has not applied for AOS yet, they may return to their country and once issued a CR-1 or IR-1 Visa, return to the US as a permanent resident."

I will do so.Thanks everyone who answered all my questions.Maybe my experiance will help someone. Good luck in your waiting.

• 1 month later...
I am a newbie here at this forum, but I have just found answer at my question in K3 guideline

"If the I-130 is approved and the applicant has not applied for AOS yet, they may return to their country and once issued a CR-1 or IR-1 Visa, return to the US as a permanent resident."

I will do so.Thanks everyone who answered all my questions.Maybe my experiance will help someone. Good luck in your waiting.

:star: I have found the answers to my concerns on this forum :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.