SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

May I ask what you brought to the office to make this happen? Way to go Minnesota, 5 days. However, our big day is a month away. That should leave me with plenty of time to become accustomed to the US life again and become tired of doing nothing productive.

Thank you guys for the speedy answers.

I followed the guide here, specifically the directions in the K1 box. Brought the SS-5 form, my passport, my copy of the I-94 and my birth certificate (the long one in English you used for the K1 Visa). The lady was very nice and helpful while I spelled out all the weird names ("Ulla? How do you spell that?") and I got the SS card in the mail about a week later.

Entered on a K1 Visa, now a proud holder of a ten-year Green Card!

K1

NOA 1: 2013-08-05

NOA 2: 2013-10-03

Interview: 2013-11-14 (Approved right away!)

US Entry: 2013-12-28

AOS

NOA 1: 2014-03-14

Interview waived!

Green Card approved: 2015-01-21

ROC

NOA 1: 2016-10-25

Interview waived!

Green Card approved: 2017-09-18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

What kind of evidence did you guys bring to the interview?

I just booked mine, April 10th to be on the safe side that all the papers from my guy gets here before then. But... I got my old boarding passes and I will definitely bring both photos and another intention of marry, as well as a statement from my father saying he met us and he approves. But what else? There's no phone bills for us as we call on Skype. You're not allowed to bring the phone into the embassy but most of our daily contact is through texting.

Any suggestions?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

The photos and the boarding passes are more than enough. They didn't get any evidence from us with the I-130 (because of the way we did it) and they asked for none at the interview, although we had brought a scrapbook of sorts.

________

Side note: we have an accepted offer on a house up in northern Minnesota and I had to happily endure my husband speaking Danish with the realtor the whole time. It is like little Scandinavia up here!

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Haha. Little Scandinavia sounds a lot better than Potatoland, which is what I usually get when I tell people I'm going to Idaho.

Oh, I am sure it will be fine, Idaho has some really pretty parts. I hope you are at least moving somewhere you like?

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

I just booked mine, April 10th to be on the safe side that all the papers from my guy gets here before then. But... I got my old boarding passes and I will definitely bring both photos and another intention of marry, as well as a statement from my father saying he met us and he approves. But what else? There's no phone bills for us as we call on Skype. You're not allowed to bring the phone into the embassy but most of our daily contact is through texting.

Any suggestions?

At my interview the lady was especially happy to see new pictures and hear that we'd seen each other after the K-1 application, and judging by your timeline you shouldn't have a problem doing the same. :)

K1

AOS

Interview waived!

ROC

Interview waived!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Oh, I am sure it will be fine, Idaho has some really pretty parts. I hope you are at least moving somewhere you like?

Oh, yeah, we'll be living pretty nicely. It's a smaller town, which I like, and we are surrounded by billowing hills. It's lovely.

At my interview the lady was especially happy to see new pictures and hear that we'd seen each other after the K-1 application, and judging by your timeline you shouldn't have a problem doing the same. smile.png

Aww, thanks! He came here with his parents actually over Christmas. So I got quite a few rainy pictures from that :D

Edited by Maalin

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Just came across this thread! I have my POE in Los Angeles in about 2 months, and I have already received my K1 visa in the mail :D I am so excited!

Any suggestions?

When I went to my (approved) interview, I brought the same evidence we had sent along with the I-129F (aka boarding passes we shared, travels to/from Denmark from both of us, tons of pictures etc) along with a newly signed letter of intent. They asked if I had anything else, like letters, mail, chat logs or anything - but in the end did not require it from me (don't take this as if you can do the same and be 100% sure to get through) - I would recommend that you print recent online chatlogs with statements, or take screensnaps of them from your phone.

As for skype - it logs when and how long you call eachother - take a screenshot of that and print it out, if you have no chatlogs at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Well, I got an RFE for my AoS. Not sure if I'm happy or bummed - it's only been a month since we sent it in, so at least they're looking at it really quickly. Bummed because now I have to wait for my husband's tax returns to show up (tried to print them out online, but couldn't even make an account). The other problem was that I'd only sent in the vaccination part of my Swedish medical without having it signed by a civil surgeon. Perhaps a bit reckless of me, but we were in the process of buying a house and I saw that plenty of people had been able to do it that way. Oh well. You live, you learn.

In other news, we moved into our house last weekend and it is amazing. A nice mix of IKEA and American furniture. ;) I got to unpack my stuff from "home" and start decorating again.

K1

AOS

Interview waived!

ROC

Interview waived!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My passport expires next year in May I believe. Do I have to go to the embassy in Washington D.C. to get a new one, or can I go to a consulate?

Marriage : June 30, 2011

I-130 Sent : November 26, 2011

I-130 NOA1 : December 2, 2011

I-130 Approved : May 2, 2012

NVC Received : May 14, 2012

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : June 1, 2012

Pay I-864 Bill : June 5, 2012

Return Completed DS-3032 : June 1, 2012

Pay IV Bill : June 7, 2012

Case Completed at NVC : July 2, 2012

Interview Date : September 28, 2012

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : October 3, 2012

US Entry : December 23, 2012

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 301 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Swedish-American Midsummer

My wedding day - the best day of my life

Mr. Borkström @ Wordpress.com

Timeline

My passport expires next year in May I believe. Do I have to go to the embassy in Washington D.C. to get a new one, or can I go to a consulate?

You can either do it at the Washington embassy (you need an appointment, can't just show up) or at other places where the "passport-mobile" is.

http://www.swedenabroad.com/sv-SE/Ambassader/Washington/Service-till-svenska-medborgare/Information-om-pass/Mobil-fotostation-for-pass/ It travels around the country...but still doesn't offer that many options, and you still have to make an appointment.

K1

AOS

Interview waived!

ROC

Interview waived!

Timeline

Good news is that Washington is only a 4 hour drive or so, right?

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

$200 for a new passport? Yeesh! <_<

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

- - - - -

Timeline

Can you get one if you are traveling back to Sweden before then?

I think my husband is probably going to renew in Denmark, because otherwise after we move the closest embassy will be like a 12 hour drive.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Can you get one if you are traveling back to Sweden before then?

I think my husband is probably going to renew in Denmark, because otherwise after we move the closest embassy will be like a 12 hour drive.

I don't know. We won't be traveling to Sweden before my current passport expires though. Hmm.

- - - - -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.