SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

You should be fine. I don't know how thoroughly they actually looked through it during the time I waited for my interview but when I handed them my documents all they seemed to look at was the total amount on the affidavit as well as looking at the signature. Considering they didn't comment on the fact that my fiance had written VS instead of VA under state and Muskingum (a county in Ohio where he was born) under country I don't think they're picky...

If they would ask just say the company was on strike, I'm sure they'll just look at the bigger picture.

This was my experience as well, they seemed to only check for totals and signatures. They didn't look at the pay stubs at all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Okay I know I'm not even close to that stage yet but I took a look at the list of things for the Adjustment of Status and saw that the beneficiary needs a copy of their birth certificate.... Sweden doesn't have one. I assume I can just the same evidence (personbevis) as for my interview and the people over there knows it's our version of it?

Timeline

I recommend Swedish born people to get ahold of a baptisimal birth record, which for me took a bit of a detective work, since Sweden still likes to be cryptic when it come to finding info. I got mine at Stadsarkivet in Stockholm, by first emailing the Kommun I was born in, but I guess at my age, I got archived with the old stuff in the city archives.lol. Unfortunately they sent me one in Swedish but I have one from 2001 in English. Think I will get a new one before I leave just in case. During my 12 years in the States, I think I only used it twice but It's a good thing to have. I sent Nvc the familjebevis and my baptisimal birth record.

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Timeline

Long story short, my experience has been: presenting Personbevis as a birth certifikat results in blank looks,disbelief and sometimes flat out requests of a "real" B.C. (I mean outside of immigration processes)

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Timeline

I recommend Swedish born people to get ahold of a baptisimal birth record, which for me took a bit of a detective work, since Sweden still likes to be cryptic when it come to finding info. I got mine at Stadsarkivet in Stockholm, by first emailing the Kommun I was born in, but I guess at my age, I got archived with the old stuff in the city archives.lol. Unfortunately they sent me one in Swedish but I have one from 2001 in English. Think I will get a new one before I leave just in case. During my 12 years in the States, I think I only used it twice but It's a good thing to have. I sent Nvc the familjebevis and my baptisimal birth record.

Yeah I had a feeling only the embassy is okay with personbevis as some of them are actually Swedish. So the baptismal birth record is "dop bevis" in Swedish right? Just want to make sure I request the right thing :P

Timeline

The wording on it is "Utdrag ur födelse och dopbok, församling..."

Timeline

You're welcome! And yah, it will save some future headaches :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Okay I know I'm not even close to that stage yet but I took a look at the list of things for the Adjustment of Status and saw that the beneficiary needs a copy of their birth certificate.... Sweden doesn't have one. I assume I can just the same evidence (personbevis) as for my interview and the people over there knows it's our version of it?

I've had no problems using only the long-form Personbevis for K1, AOS, EAD and AP.

Entered on a K1 Visa, now a proud holder of a ten-year Green Card!

K1

NOA 1: 2013-08-05

NOA 2: 2013-10-03

Interview: 2013-11-14 (Approved right away!)

US Entry: 2013-12-28

AOS

NOA 1: 2014-03-14

Interview waived!

Green Card approved: 2015-01-21

ROC

NOA 1: 2016-10-25

Interview waived!

Green Card approved: 2017-09-18

Timeline

Okay thank you MikeandEl. I ordered the babtismal paper. Feels like it's better to bring it and it's not needed then to not get it and then it's needed and it becomes a hassle.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Okay thank you MikeandEl. I ordered the babtismal paper. Feels like it's better to bring it and it's not needed then to not get it and then it's needed and it becomes a hassle.

Definitely! :) Just wanted to reassure anyone else who might read the thread who's already moved over here with just the personbevis. I order a new one every now and then, have it sent to my parents and they bring it whenever they come visit. I think the US authorities likes the papers to be fresh!

Entered on a K1 Visa, now a proud holder of a ten-year Green Card!

K1

NOA 1: 2013-08-05

NOA 2: 2013-10-03

Interview: 2013-11-14 (Approved right away!)

US Entry: 2013-12-28

AOS

NOA 1: 2014-03-14

Interview waived!

Green Card approved: 2015-01-21

ROC

NOA 1: 2016-10-25

Interview waived!

Green Card approved: 2017-09-18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi guys! Im leaving for Stockholm wednesday for the interview on thursday. I have some final questions of course :-) did i need to get stamps for the brown evelope that they send my passport in later on if approved? If so how many? I think i read it a long time ago but im not sure? How did you guys do it? Since im from denmark im guessing i need some stamps for it? And is there any final fees to be paid on the day or before the interview? The ds160 is of course paid and done. But i just wanna make sure. The checklist doesnt say anything about that. Big hugs to you all:-))) Camilla

Timeline

Hi guys! Im leaving for Stockholm wednesday for the interview on thursday. I have some final questions of course :-) did i need to get stamps for the brown evelope that they send my passport in later on if approved? If so how many? I think i read it a long time ago but im not sure? How did you guys do it? Since im from denmark im guessing i need some stamps for it? And is there any final fees to be paid on the day or before the interview? The ds160 is of course paid and done. But i just wanna make sure. The checklist doesnt say anything about that. Big hugs to you all:-))) Camilla

If it's the same deal as with us Swedes you won't need stamps. I think they got tired of everyone forgetting to bring stamps... But hopefully someone from Denmark can give you a clear answer on that. And no, there's no more fees if you've paid for the visa and the DS-160. Good luck with your interview!! :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It's been more than 2 years since we've done it - back then you needed stamps, but they were a pain to get, we had to order them ahead of time online and have them shipped to Denmark.

If the letter didn't state anything about bringing them, you most likely do not have to.

I'm in general no help with this because we paid all our fees in cash at the embassy on account of doing DCF, but I'll bump you so hopefully someone can answer. :)

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.