SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Yes, it really did. With all the Christmas presents... Lucky it got here just in time :)

Well, when they work they are pretty good. Nice cabin crew for the most part and if the Airbus A330 you'll be flying with is as good as the one Lufthana have you'll have relatively comfy seats. Yes, I am an airplane nerd and I looked up and saw that SAS fly A330 directly to Chicago from both Stockholm and Copenhagen... If you're super lucky you'll get the upgraded cabin. I believe they have about 3 upgraded A330's flying at the moment. They apparently have upgraded entertainment system (really needed...) and Wifi for a fee. Okay, I'll stop rambling now...

Not a huge selection of movies (at least not between Copenhagen and Dulles last time I flew) so bring back-up. 9 hours feels extremely long when you just want to be there already and you don't have movies to distract you with.

I'm flying KLM/Delta, they're my preferred airline(s). :) I can't get a direct flight to the US from Trondheim anyway, and would rather go through Amsterdam than Oslo... I'll be flying Trondheim-Amsterdam-Minneapolis-San Antonio, with a 5 hr layover in Minneapolis.

I also check for which airplane models they use for my flights, haha. :D Don't want the old ratty ones with a crappy entertainment selection (or - the horror - not your own screen). KLM/Delta fly the A330 as well, and I'm considering paying for an upgrade to one of the preferred seats for the AMS-MSP flight...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

I flew KLM/Delta once and it was horrible! I think I was really unlucky though. I usually fly Icelandair since they're the quickest and usually the cheapest, but one time KLM/Delta was cheaper so I went for it. First leg of the trip was fine, but then I had an 8 hour layover in Amsterdam, boarded the plane and jeez. Smallest seat ever with no leg space, the interior looked like it hadn't been updated since the 80's and it was boiling hot! I was one of the first to board, and the pilot said over the speakers that they wouldn't get the air conditioning on until we were in air. Flight got delayed so we sat over an hour in a crammed and sweaty plane before takeoff, and then the flight was 10 hours long and I'm used to 7 from Iceland... You never really feel fresh after a long trip like that, but that time I felt particularly gross, and my fiance and I were going to a concert straight from the airport. Fun times! :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yes, it really did. With all the Christmas presents... Lucky it got here just in time :)

Well, when they work they are pretty good. Nice cabin crew for the most part and if the Airbus A330 you'll be flying with is as good as the one Lufthana have you'll have relatively comfy seats. Yes, I am an airplane nerd and I looked up and saw that SAS fly A330 directly to Chicago from both Stockholm and Copenhagen... If you're super lucky you'll get the upgraded cabin. I believe they have about 3 upgraded A330's flying at the moment. They apparently have upgraded entertainment system (really needed...) and Wifi for a fee. Okay, I'll stop rambling now...

Not a huge selection of movies (at least not between Copenhagen and Dulles last time I flew) so bring back-up. 9 hours feels extremely long when you just want to be there already and you don't have movies to distract you with.

Actually, I love the nerdy stuff! lol. I'm ok with the movies! I have two children who will constantly bug me anyway. haha

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Timeline

everybody will always have an opinion on how you should live your life and where. The people who really love you will see where you are happiest and be happy for you and with you! I understand your situation and i feel for you❤️❤️I so hope your process will go fast and smooth and i hope you know, you and your husbands happiness is all that matters in the end ❤️❤️Hugs from here camilla

Oh i know, at age 40 I have certainly learned when to shut up, so hence I keep it to myself until the last moment. I'm also not very close to my relatives, somehow they always manage to put themselves first. My in-laws treat me better than my own parents. lol Thanks Camillla!

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

I flew KLM/Delta once and it was horrible! I think I was really unlucky though. I usually fly Icelandair since they're the quickest and usually the cheapest, but one time KLM/Delta was cheaper so I went for it. First leg of the trip was fine, but then I had an 8 hour layover in Amsterdam, boarded the plane and jeez. Smallest seat ever with no leg space, the interior looked like it hadn't been updated since the 80's and it was boiling hot! I was one of the first to board, and the pilot said over the speakers that they wouldn't get the air conditioning on until we were in air. Flight got delayed so we sat over an hour in a crammed and sweaty plane before takeoff, and then the flight was 10 hours long and I'm used to 7 from Iceland... You never really feel fresh after a long trip like that, but that time I felt particularly gross, and my fiance and I were going to a concert straight from the airport. Fun times! :P

Oh goodness, that sucks. :( I've always had a great experience with KLM/Delta. I would give Icelandair a go, but they don't seem to fly to San Antonio... At least whichever dates I search on their website, they'll just tell me there are no flights.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

Yeah, that's the thing about Icelandair I think. They're really great if they fly where you're going, but unfortunately they don't have that many destinations yet since they're so small, so for a lot of people it just won't make any sense to use them. I live 30 minutes away from Gardermoen airport where they fly from, and they fly to Seattle which is where I'll live when I move. The layover on Iceland is usually around 1-2 hours, and since Iceland is geographically directly en-route between Oslo and Seattle it's the quickest option by far. Flying south to other places in Europe before heading to Seattle really makes no sense for me except when it's a lot cheaper than Icelandair, which it was that one time with KLM/Delta.

Timeline

Actually, I love the nerdy stuff! lol. I'm ok with the movies! I have two children who will constantly bug me anyway. haha

Both me and my fiance are plane geeks and often go to the airport to watch airplanes. He loved taking pictures of them, I just like to watch and sometimes film them land. It's cool :) Well in that case you're all set. You'll be too busy taking care of them ;) How old are they?

Oh i know, at age 40 I have certainly learned when to shut up, so hence I keep it to myself until the last moment. I'm also not very close to my relatives, somehow they always manage to put themselves first. My in-laws treat me better than my own parents. lol Thanks Camillla!

I think I kind of know how you feel. Almost everyone in my family is okay with me moving (though my parents would love it if I stayed). One of my brothers though have made it perfectly clear that he thinks I'm being selfish. That I should stay here and take care of my parents when they get old because he doesn't want to do it on his own.... Fun times. Even his wife doesn't seem thrilled I'm leaving. They won't even come to our wedding. He blames it on not wanting to travel with his children. My other brother is leaving his wife and kids home because they can't afford for the whole family to go. So I don't get why he can't do the same.

Be strong and do what's best for you :)

Edited by Maria&Seve

Timeline

My kids are 8 and 9, so mostly I need to keep them from constantly arguing, haha. THanks for the encouragment, I wish you the same. :)

Timeline

Yay, congrats! :D Now you can make your travel arrangements!

Yeah I just need to get my parents to decide if they want to say good bye here and I leave from Stockholm or if we're going down south to my brother and I fly from Copenhagen. But yes, feels so good. So relieved and now I just want to go home :)

Timeline

Had my visa interview this morning and we got approved. So relieved!

Hurray! congrats :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Had my visa interview this morning and we got approved. So relieved!

wooohoooo!!! Congrats!!!! ❤️❤️Thats so awesome!! So happy for you guys!!! When are you going home then? And do tell how the interview went in there! ?

Btw guys do i get a notice from embassy that they recieved my ds form and that they know i scheduled my interview? Or is my confirmation package just it? Camilla

Timeline

wooohoooo!!! Congrats!!!! ❤️❤️Thats so awesome!! So happy for you guys!!! When are you going home then? And do tell how the interview went in there! ?

Btw guys do i get a notice from embassy that they recieved my ds form and that they know i scheduled my interview? Or is my confirmation package just it? Camilla

Thank you!

I just posted my review of the interview here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=16783

No, only confirmation you get is the DS-confirmation page and the appointment confirmation, make sure you bring both to the embassy on the day of your interview.

I will go home on or after July 10 depending on the price for airfare :)

Edited by Maria&Seve

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.