SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Ahhh what a relief!! Thank you!!! ??Uhh im so excited!!! I feel like crying of happiness all the time!! ❤️?? i cant believe 3 years of pendling back and forth every 2 months is soon over and we just get our lives back and spend forever together. I so hope from now on it will be all good with medical and interview! I booked my stockholm tickets and hotel and im just ready for 31 days to go by fast now!! And i get to see my fiance on saturday in denmark woooho!! Its celebrating time!!! I hope you all have the best best day ever!! Thank you so far for all the love and support in here. I dont think i could have ever made it without you guys. Eventho i dont know all of you i know im gonna send only good karma and love and hugs your way and hope things will work out smoothly for your journey in here too ❤️❤️

I've posted my embassy review now, if any of you who have your interviews coming up want to read it - http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=16750. :)

Timeline

I've posted my embassy review now, if any of you who have your interviews coming up want to read it - http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=16750. :)

awesome review!! Great with all the details!! Sounds like despite travelling all the way for 45 min that it went smoothly :-) How do they review the affidavit of support so fast and all those documents is my question hehe. But thats so awesome! Let us know when your visa arrives!! So happy for you!!!??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Awesome! Thank you for the very helpful review :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone,

So amazing that I found this thread and that there are so many Scandinavians out there who is going through the same experience. I´ve just started the process but really hope that everything goes as smooth as possible. Waiting for my NOA2 and hoping to maybe hear something by the end of this month. Fingers crossed...

Good luck to you all and thank you for sharing your experiences! It really helps! :)

09/2012 - Met in Tennessee
07/2014 - Became a couple
02/2015 - Got engaged

04/20/2015 - I-129F send
04/27/2015 - NOA1
06/02/2015 - NOA2
06/16/2015 - NVC received
06/16/2015 - Medical
06/17/2015 - Case number assigned
06/19/2015 - NVC left
06/22/2015 - Consulate received
06/24/2015 - Ceck list received
07/16/2015 - Interview

Timeline

My documents has arrived at NVC! yay.

I am so incredibly homesick for the States, I've been a mess the last 2 years, depression, anger, frustration. The 1st year in Sweden was alright because I rediscovered things and smiled at things I remembered. Now I just hate it all, and want to go back home. Please, let this be a smooth journey, I want to go home.

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

My documents has arrived at NVC! yay.

I am so incredibly homesick for the States, I've been a mess the last 2 years, depression, anger, frustration. The 1st year in Sweden was alright because I rediscovered things and smiled at things I remembered. Now I just hate it all, and want to go back home. Please, let this be a smooth journey, I want to go home.

I really hope your journey will speed up from here so that you'll be home before you know it! *hugs*

Timeline

I really hope your journey will speed up from here so that you'll be home before you know it! *hugs*

That means a lot, thank you. I can't share how I feel with anyone, only with my husband (the actual USC lol). In fact, I haven't told my Swedish relatives of our plans, so pretending the best I can on Facebook and in person. Ugh. I just can't deal with their opinions you know. It's enough struggling as we do, financially and emotionally. Don't make my mistake y'all, become a citizen as soon as you can.

Edited by Brewlin

Married 2001, conditional resident 2003, permanent resident 2005.Left U.S 2012, abandoned green card 2013.Applied I-130 Nov 2014, approved Dec 2014. DS260 13th Apr 2015. Docs sent 27 Apr. Scan date May 1. Case complete June 4!Interview July 14th, rescheduled to Oct 20th.  Applied for N400 on November 6th, 2018. I'm the immigrant :)

Timeline

I want my interview to be done now. I'm nervous. And airfare is getting more and more expensive by the day and I don't dare to book a flight before interview. Plus I'm trying to get my parents to decide where they want to say goodbye. Go visit my brother in the south part of Sweden and fly from Copenhagen (what I'm hoping for) or just say goodbye here and I'll fly from Stockholm. Really want to fly Icelandair as they are cheap and allow to bags with no extra costs but they are running out of seats for the day I want to leave... And there's a $715 dollar difference between Icelandair and SAS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I want my interview to be done now. I'm nervous. And airfare is getting more and more expensive by the day and I don't dare to book a flight before interview. Plus I'm trying to get my parents to decide where they want to say goodbye. Go visit my brother in the south part of Sweden and fly from Copenhagen (what I'm hoping for) or just say goodbye here and I'll fly from Stockholm. Really want to fly Icelandair as they are cheap and allow to bags with no extra costs but they are running out of seats for the day I want to leave... And there's a $715 dollar difference between Icelandair and SAS.

Be careful when you book with Icelandair that SAS isn't for first carrier because they have more stringent baggage fees. We had terrible trouble with them and I will never again fly SAS (or not fly as how that went).

That means a lot, thank you. I can't share how I feel with anyone, only with my husband (the actual USC lol). In fact, I haven't told my Swedish relatives of our plans, so pretending the best I can on Facebook and in person. Ugh. I just can't deal with their opinions you know. It's enough struggling as we do, financially and emotionally. Don't make my mistake y'all, become a citizen as soon as you can.

People can be really judgmental about the choice to move countries, sorry!

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

Be careful when you book with Icelandair that SAS isn't for first carrier because they have more stringent baggage fees. We had terrible trouble with them and I will never again fly SAS (or not fly as how that went).

People can be really judgmental about the choice to move countries, sorry!

I would fly the whole way with Icelandair. SAS is out of the question. Last time I flew with them they lost my bag. Then my fiance flew with them here and his luggage ended up on a Spanish island outside Africa and then Switzerland and then finally in Sweden...

Timeline

I would fly the whole way with Icelandair. SAS is out of the question. Last time I flew with them they lost my bag. Then my fiance flew with them here and his luggage ended up on a Spanish island outside Africa and then Switzerland and then finally in Sweden...

Wow, that bag sure got a nice trip! lol

I plan to fly SAS since they have a direct flight to Chicago, if I'm not mistaken.

Timeline

I plan to fly SAS since they have a direct flight to Chicago, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, it really did. With all the Christmas presents... Lucky it got here just in time :)

Well, when they work they are pretty good. Nice cabin crew for the most part and if the Airbus A330 you'll be flying with is as good as the one Lufthana have you'll have relatively comfy seats. Yes, I am an airplane nerd and I looked up and saw that SAS fly A330 directly to Chicago from both Stockholm and Copenhagen... If you're super lucky you'll get the upgraded cabin. I believe they have about 3 upgraded A330's flying at the moment. They apparently have upgraded entertainment system (really needed...) and Wifi for a fee. Okay, I'll stop rambling now...

Not a huge selection of movies (at least not between Copenhagen and Dulles last time I flew) so bring back-up. 9 hours feels extremely long when you just want to be there already and you don't have movies to distract you with.

Timeline

everybody will always have an opinion on how you should live your life and where. The people who really love you will see where you are happiest and be happy for you and with you! I understand your situation and i feel for you❤️❤️I so hope your process will go fast and smooth and i hope you know, you and your husbands happiness is all that matters in the end ❤️❤️Hugs from here camilla

Timeline

Just had my medical and it went fine! No Hep A and B for me. They say its not in my age range for requirements. If that helps anyone outthere having doubts like i did. I had the tetanus and MF ( measles etc) i didnt get my second one when i was 12 yrs old. Xray was fine and all in all super nice people. Took about 1,5 hours here i copenhagen. Have a great day all of you! ❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.