SanDan

Scandinavians

4,816 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

Yeah this place is great! We can all help each other out when we get to the states and need to do all the adjustment of status stuff too, not looking forward to that :P

Maria, about the envelope stuff earlier: I think the procedures might be different for Swedes than for us Norwegians and Danes!

I just re-read the information sheet about procedures at the embassy (because I have nothing better todo on a Friday night, hah), and it says:

How to get your visa mailed: FOR RESIDENTS OF SWEDEN:

IV Delivery Confirmation Page. This service is only available for applicants residing in Sweden. Prior to your appointment date, you must go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/seand follow the steps to register and arrange for delivery of your visa and documents. Please do this for ALL applicants that will be applying for the visa (including children). Please register your delivery location BEFORE going to your interview. If you do not, there may be a delay in the return of your visa.

After completing the visa delivery registration at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/seyou should PRINT out the IV Delivery Confirmation page that contains a computer-generated barcode and BRING IT with you at the interview.

FOR RESIDENTS OF DENMARK AND NORWAY: No further action is required for residents of Denmark and Norway.

This is the sheet I'm referring to: http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Supplemental/STK%20-%20Stockholm.pdf

Edited by Metope

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yeah this place is great! We can all help each other out when we get to the states and need to do all the adjustment of status stuff too, not looking forward to that :P

Maria, about the envelope stuff earlier: I think the procedures might be different for Swedes than for us Norwegians and Danes!

I just re-read the information sheet about procedures at the embassy (because I have nothing better todo on a Friday night, hah), and it says:

This is the sheet I'm referring to: http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Supplemental/STK%20-%20Stockholm.pdf

Hmm, another thing I need to email the embassy about. I can't see anything about this on ustraveldocs.se. I can only put down my own address and but I can't find anywhere that has a barcode. I'll keep looking a bit longer and then I'll email them about it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Is it the delivery of the passport? When i booked my interview my letter of confirmation i printed out had a " home delivery" and my adress on it. I just blacked it out on the paper. But it states there where the home delivery is. It came on after filling out the ds160 with my home adress. Is that whay u guys are talking about else im confused hehe ?

Is it the delivery of the passport? When i booked my interview my letter of confirmation i printed out had a " home delivery" and my adress on it. I just blacked it out on the paper. But it states there where the home delivery is. It came on after filling out the ds160 with my home adress. Is that whay u guys are talking about else im confused hehe ?

Timeline

Here it says " home delivery". I was sure it meant that with that they are gonna send our things to that? :-S I might be totally wrong??

post-201260-0-49167900-1430548163_thumb.jpg

Timeline

GUys did i do something wrong? I paided 2385 SEK that 275 Dollars... the note says the fee is 240 dollars... uhmmmm what happened?? and me who thought peace and quietness would occur after scheduling everyting.. now im just feeling weird about the payment?

Timeline

GUys did i do something wrong? I paided 2385 SEK that 275 Dollars... the note says the fee is 240 dollars... uhmmmm what happened?? and me who thought peace and quietness would occur after scheduling everyting.. now im just feeling weird about the payment?

The fee is $265. The $240 that is in the checklist is wrong, they just haven't updated it since the changes in September.

Timeline

Here it says " home delivery". I was sure it meant that with that they are gonna send our things to that? :-S I might be totally wrong??

THANK YOU! Yes, I've reread the checklist a hundred times and I looked at your image and I realized that the appointment confirmation email had the barcode! Thank you, now I don't have to send them yet another email.

Timeline

THANK YOU! Yes, I've reread the checklist a hundred times and I looked at your image and I realized that the appointment confirmation email had the barcode! Thank you, now I don't have to send them yet another email.

Thank you too for clarifying that fee for me:) How silly they dont update those things!

Yes i figured it would help to see what i was babbling about with the home delivery :) I think we are all good :)

Timeline

Yeah I think we're just starting to get last minute freak outs since we're getting closer to the end :)

I know we are, and im glad we can ease each other while going through it all! :) YOu guys are the best!!

Quick question! Can you book your medical in Sweden before getting the official checklist?

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

Timeline

The embassy says to wait, I don't know what happens if the clinic sends the papers to the embassy and they don't have your case yet. But technically you can schedule the appointment as soon as you get your case number from NVC. I think that at least at Sibyllekliniken getting an appointment is pretty fast and easy. I emailed them on April 14 and requested a date after April 22nd (I was in the states until then) and I got an appointment for April 27.

Timeline

Hi guys!! :-) i just received "package 3" the checklist from the embassy!! Wooohoo i didnt screw it up this weekend by scheduling already! But now is there at all a package 4?? Whats your experience of that one? I assume they can see my appointment is scheduled eventho i didnt get thr checklist till 10 min ago:-) medical tomorrow! Hoping that will go good! Hugs to all of you!! Camilla

Hi guys!! :-) i just received "package 3" the checklist from the embassy!! Wooohoo i didnt screw it up this weekend by scheduling already! But now is there at all a package 4?? Whats your experience of that one? I assume they can see my appointment is scheduled eventho i didnt get thr checklist till 10 min ago:-) medical tomorrow! Hoping that will go good! Hugs to all of you!! Camilla

Nope, no package 4. :) After DS-160, payment and scheduling you won't really hear from them at all (at least I didn't) - just be there on the day of your interview. ;)

Good luck with your medical!

Edited by renatesol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.