Hello,

I have a few more questions about the I864:

1) Right now I have following mailing address:

National Visa Center

ATTN: CMR

32 Rochester Avenue

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

- Is this one still correct?

2) We downloaded the I864 from the USCIS website. Based on the instructions, we would have to deliver the federal tax returns for the last three years. However, I have read that only one tax return might be required.

- Do we have to send the federal tax returns for the last or the last three years?

- Are W2's required?

- Are pay stubs required?

3) Is the form on the USCIS website (11/05/01) still the most recent one?

4) We sent the check for the AOS Fee Bill today, by overnight courier. Is it reasonable to assume that the NVC will generate the I864 form next Monday?

Thank you,

Michigan

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you for the links.

But even there we have conflicting information: Based on the instructions of the I864 package we would have to provide tax returns for the last 3 years - based on the State.gov website it would only require the tax return for the most recent tax year. What is correct?

Thank you for the links.

But even there we have conflicting information: Based on the instructions of the I864 package we would have to provide tax returns for the last 3 years - based on the State.gov website it would only require the tax return for the most recent tax year. What is correct?

The I-864 including the instructions, I imagine will be updated once they review the form. To my knowledge this is in the process now. The I-864 now only requires that one years (the most recent) be submitted. This now applies for AOS, at consulates and at NVC. There are members that have confirmed this when they have received instructions from NVC.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline
Hello,

I have a few more questions about the I864:

1) Right now I have following mailing address:

National Visa Center

ATTN: CMR

32 Rochester Avenue

Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

- Is this one still correct?

2) We downloaded the I864 from the USCIS website. Based on the instructions, we would have to deliver the federal tax returns for the last three years. However, I have read that only one tax return might be required.

- Do we have to send the federal tax returns for the last or the last three years?

- Are W2's required?

- Are pay stubs required?

3) Is the form on the USCIS website (11/05/01) still the most recent one?

4) We sent the check for the AOS Fee Bill today, by overnight courier. Is it reasonable to assume that the NVC will generate the I864 form next Monday?

Thank you,

Michigan

Marriage-based AOS submissions after November 23, 2005 are only required to provide one year of tax returns, the most recent year.

W-2s are considered part of an IRS 1040 (E, EZ, A) if the taxpayer earned income as an employee, so I would enclose them if you are providing a copy of an IRS 1040. Alternatively, if you provide an IRS generated transcript or statement, if memory serves me correctly, they may not be required.

Paystubs are a proof of income.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.