Jessica Carl

March 2009 k-1 people

4,608 posts in this topic

Let's hope people just haven't updated their timelines yet. :)

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Good morning

Good morning.

The week started out well, then it has fallen to nothing the last couple of days. They're probably all attending some kind of training or seminar - "customer satisfaction" no doubt.

They should be locked out in the building away from their families for 5 months at the time. Maybe then they would work quicker on our approvals. I used to like Vermont. I used to go skiing there. NO MORE

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I hear you. Like our lives can take a vacation while they take their sweet time with your files. Very nice.

PEACE...........................

When you love someone from the bottom of your heart; so much that you are willing to give your life for your loved one, time and distance takes a backseat. Only love prevails. And with love in you hearts you can overcome anything.

January 21, 2010 - Submitted AOS

January 25, 2010 - Cory received her SSN

March 9, 2010 - Received appointment for biometrics - will be on March 18

March 18, 2010 - Biometrics done

March 19, 2010 - Touches on I-485 and I-765

March 25, 2010 - Advance Parole approved..received on April 1 in the mail

March 29, 2010 - I-485 notice date, received on April 4, 2010

May 3, 2010 - EAD approved

May 5, 2010 - Date interview....approved

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

im back!

im fighting a fight of my life!

im still looking at visajourney so i havent lost hope yet.

how was everyones week?

i hope the weekend is nice for everybody!

:thumbs:

all we can do is wait so guess what i ahve a new stradegy...

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

and itll happen sooner than later!

have a nice day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good morning David. Keep fighting the good fight and things will work out as they should. Hope you have a great weekend.

Next week should be the week for March filers. I'll be checking frequently and I'm sure we all will - that is, except Missy. She might have a few "other things" going on.

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/20/09 - NOA1 (rec'd harcopy 3/26/09)

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

8/12/09 - Touched (4 hours before NOA2 email)

8/12/09 - NOA2 email received

***Received email at noon (Weds)

***USCIS site did update with the status

***Was 113 on Berkeley list; 156 on VJ list

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

ok everyone..

Hi,

I NEED HELP

i have talked to rebeca alot the last 2 days and she wants to stay in brazil for 1 more year

and help her parents and she wants to make them proud.

now you all know how much i love this girl...

im going to wait 1 year then she says she will come here.

now the problem is:

i have to cancel my 129f ? so she can apply for a tourist visa to come in december.

then i will go to see her and go to her sisters wedding the end of jaunary.

me cancelling the I129f will not make them wonder when in 7 months i

re issue the I129f again?

will she get a tourist visa with them knowing we just cancelled the i129f form?

i believe in faith but i wanna know if anyone knows anything about what i should do...

should we just use her i129f to come in december and then have her go back and then start the process again for another i129f?

any suggestions please tell me...

im lost

Good morning David. Keep fighting the good fight and things will work out as they should. Hope you have a great weekend.

Next week should be the week for March filers. I'll be checking frequently and I'm sure we all will - that is, except Missy. She might have a few "other things" going on.

good morning! :dance:

ok everyone..

Hi,

I NEED HELP

OK man, I'm going to be straight with you. Either tell her, to commit or break it. You can take the advice or not, she chose a crappy job she got lucky with over you. I'm sorry but if she was sure, she would try anything to be with you.

Timeline

Hi David. To your specific question, it's possible (even probable) that the K1 wouldn't have to be used until a year has passed. You haven't received the NOA2 yet. Once you get it, there will be some time before it gets to the embassy. After that, you can take up to 3 months for the interview - and I believe it's easy enough to get an extension on that 3 months. Once the visa is issued after the interview, Rebeca will have 6 months to enter the US using the visa. So if you wanted to wait a year from around now for her to enter with the K1, that's probably not a problem.

What I don't know is how easy it would be for her to get a visitor visa in December. I've never heard of anyone applying for a visitor visa after receiving the K1. I know plenty ask about a visitor visa while waiting for the K1 (while the process is still underway) and that's difficult to do. Whether she would have the K1 in December or not is probably the key. If she does, she might (MIGHT) be able to get a visitor's visa while still holding on to the K1 (to use later). I don't know for sure and would defer to some of the experts on VJ. If they don't respond here on this thread, might ask in a new thread to the larger audience. That is if you want to consider this.

If she does not have the K1, it would be difficult for her to get a visitors visa while the application for K1 is still processing. Some have managed it, others not. It depends on the embassy. But it's not something I'd plan on. Again, this is if you do not withdraw the K1 application.

Just wanted to give you some food for thought - maybe if you are sure she will come within a year or so, could just drag your feet through the rest of the processing/interview/etc and use the K1 at the end of its validity.

I can't say whether her wanting to take the job is a red flag or not. You know her and I don't. I do, however, wish you both the best.

I never would have believed my journey to happiness would begin with something called an "I-129F"

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Hi David. To your specific question, it's possible (even probable) that the K1 wouldn't have to be used until a year has passed. You haven't received the NOA2 yet. Once you get it, there will be some time before it gets to the embassy. After that, you can take up to 3 months for the interview - and I believe it's easy enough to get an extension on that 3 months. Once the visa is issued after the interview, Rebeca will have 6 months to enter the US using the visa. So if you wanted to wait a year from around now for her to enter with the K1, that's probably not a problem.

What I don't know is how easy it would be for her to get a visitor visa in December. I've never heard of anyone applying for a visitor visa after receiving the K1. I know plenty ask about a visitor visa while waiting for the K1 (while the process is still underway) and that's difficult to do. Whether she would have the K1 in December or not is probably the key. If she does, she might (MIGHT) be able to get a visitor's visa while still holding on to the K1 (to use later). I don't know for sure and would defer to some of the experts on VJ. If they don't respond here on this thread, might ask in a new thread to the larger audience. That is if you want to consider this.

If she does not have the K1, it would be difficult for her to get a visitors visa while the application for K1 is still processing. Some have managed it, others not. It depends on the embassy. But it's not something I'd plan on. Again, this is if you do not withdraw the K1 application.

Just wanted to give you some food for thought - maybe if you are sure she will come within a year or so, could just drag your feet through the rest of the processing/interview/etc and use the K1 at the end of its validity.

I can't say whether her wanting to take the job is a red flag or not. You know her and I don't. I do, however, wish you both the best.

From what I understand... when you have a tourist visa and you then get a K1, they cancel the tourist visa... I know this 100% (at least in Warsaw) that said you can always try to get one NOW and keep postponing the K1 for as long as you can... I think it is better than having to reapply. Just my opinion and personal preference.

Good louck

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

I sure do feel for you right now, David. I hope things get clear for you soon. I am a planner, I like things neat and orderly, I need to know what's coming and what to expect, so this uncertainty would drive me crazy.

We just went through a major job change ourselves and had to rearrange our plans somewhat because of it - we will still get married in November, using the K1, apply for advance parole and then Lars will keep on working in Africa and just travel back and forth every few months. Maybe ya'll can do something like that.....I don't really know. I surely hope that things work out for you, however they are supposed to be.

Yeah, Stan - I got a lot on my mind and will be very, very busy for the next two weeks....if you know what I mean!! I don't know how much I'll be checking in over the next few weeks but I will be watching for the March approvals to start and I'll be cheering everyone on!!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Timeline

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time, Missy!

03/19/09 - I-129F Sent

03/24/09 - Check cleared

03/25/09 - Touched

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks so much! I'm going to miss all of you guys!

YES Missy..... have a WONDERFUL time and make us proud *evil grin*

I've been working out and eating Wheaties every day.....you know I can handle it!! :devil:

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.