July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
8" barrel is good for hunting, but not for the application i use it for. mine has a 4.5" barrel

daewoo makes some pretty interesting guns, check them out.

and i prefer my 1903a3 for long shots :D

eta: long posts before quoted just for krikit's enjoyment. :innocent:

1903a3 is great for shooting the Kaiser's forces. :lol: 8" barrel with a Leopold scope is great for hunting...anything. :devil:

:secret: a 1903a3 has more than an 8" barrel.........

MVC-098S.JPG

I certainly hope it does. Is your 1903a3 a Smith-Corona or a Remington? If I recall correctly it was a redesign of the old Springfield rifle they used in WWI, it stayed in use until Vietnam. Speaking of barrel length, a musket also has a rather lengthy barrel. :lol: Of course, if your last name is Hathcock, it doesn't matter what you shoot. In close quarters I'd go with a shotgun or even a snub-nose .38 depending on the situation. Use Glaser Safety Slugs since they act like shotgun shells on impact. If you find an elephant in your pajamas then anything less than an express rifle (Ruger No. 1 or similar) isn't going to do the job. What's the barrel length on a 16" naval gun anyways? :lol:

i believe it's actually a springfield. and if i had an elephant in my pajamas, i'd certainly not be on vj...i'd be in movies! :lol:

do a word search on "wisconsin" in vj ot - there's some pics of the uss wisconsin in there, a thread i started. me and a few coworkers are standing at the turret, to give you an idea how freaking big that gun tube is.

Only if you had brothers named Harpo, Zeppo and Chico. :lol:

Here's the funny thing about the gun tube, my arm wouldn't fit inside, the tube isn't big enough. It is huge and the shell weighs more than most compact cars but my arm wouldn't fit inside. Iowas are so beloved by the USN that they won't get rid of them. The top speed for Iowa-class battleships is 33 knots, which is pretty fast for a ship that weighs (displaces) 45000 tons (40742 tonnes). Both the HMS Hood and the Bismarck were larger ships. The Yamato was much bigger, it had nine 18" guns and displaced 71000 tonnes but all this leads to the question, how many of these naval guns is Charles going to install in his house. :lol:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
8.gif

And my message to some posters (none one here):

shutup.gif

stopmakingstupidposts.gif

:lol: remind me not to make you angry!

Sometimes the bs makes me want to throw in the towel. :angry: They don't pay me enough for this ######! :lol:

Their reply today (2 weeks later I might add)

Good day Walter

We require the case number associated to the file in order to make changes to the address.

Please provide us with the number on the top right in red of the Vehicle Import Form so that we may assist.

Should you have any further questions, feel free to contact our office at: 1-888-848-8240

customer service person's name

Registrar of Imported Vehicles

OMG!!!!!!! :bonk:

I would send him his sticker and a copy of the email. Let him get all bent out of shape with them. :lol:

iagree.gif

So one of my "friends" on facebook just posted for like the 5th day in a row that her daughter used the potty this morning. I DON'T CARE, and neither do the majority of the rest of us on your friends list I'm sure.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So one of my "friends" on facebook just posted for like the 5th day in a row that her daughter used the potty this morning. I DON'T CARE, and neither do the majority of the rest of us on your friends list I'm sure.

Reply "Pics or it didn't happen!"

That'll stop it.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Reply "Pics or it didn't happen!"

That'll stop it.

Or you will look really weird :lol:

Timeline
8" barrel is good for hunting, but not for the application i use it for. mine has a 4.5" barrel

1903a3 is great for shooting the Kaiser's forces. :lol: 8" barrel with a Leopold scope is great for hunting...anything. :devil:

MVC-098S.JPG

I certainly hope it does. Is your 1903a3 a Smith-Corona or a Remington? If I recall correctly it was a redesign of the old Springfield rifle they used in WWI, it stayed in use until Vietnam. Speaking of barrel length, a musket also has a rather lengthy barrel. :lol: Of course, if your last name is Hathcock, it doesn't matter what you shoot. In close quarters I'd go with a shotgun or even a snub-nose .38 depending on the situation. Use Glaser Safety Slugs since they act like shotgun shells on impact. If you find an elephant in your pajamas then anything less than an express rifle (Ruger No. 1 or similar) isn't going to do the job. What's the barrel length on a 16" naval gun anyways? :lol:

i believe it's actually a springfield. and if i had an elephant in my pajamas, i'd certainly not be on vj...i'd be in movies! :lol:

do a word search on "wisconsin" in vj ot - there's some pics of the uss wisconsin in there, a thread i started. me and a few coworkers are standing at the turret, to give you an idea how freaking big that gun tube is.

Here's the funny thing about the gun tube, I wouldn't fit inside, the tube isn't big enough. It is huge and the shell weighs more than most compact cars but I wouldn't wouldn't fit inside. Iowas are so beloved by the USN that they won't get rid of them. The top speed for Iowa-class battleships is 33 knots, which is pretty fast for a ship that weighs (displaces) 45000 tons (40742 tonnes). Both the HMS Hood and the Bismarck were larger ships. The Yamato was much bigger, it had nine 18" guns and displaced 71000 tonnes but all this leads to the question, how many of these naval guns is Charles going to install in his house. :lol:

Now it makes sense, I don't have arms 19" in diameter. Hey, I'm a man, I always exaggerate the size of body parts. :devil:

IR5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

MVC-098S.JPG

Here's the funny thing about the gun tube, my arm wouldn't fit inside, the tube isn't big enough. It is huge and the shell weighs more than most compact cars but my arm wouldn't fit inside. Iowas are so beloved by the USN that they won't get rid of them. The top speed for Iowa-class battleships is 33 knots, which is pretty fast for a ship that weighs (displaces) 45000 tons (40742 tonnes). Both the HMS Hood and the Bismarck were larger ships. The Yamato was much bigger, it had nine 18" guns and displaced 71000 tonnes but all this leads to the question, how many of these naval guns is Charles going to install in his house. :lol:

bismark (and sister tirpitz) had 14" guns, and only mounted 8 (2x4) versus the 9 (3x3) of the iowa class....yamato and musashi (sister ship) were the largest battleships made (and largest guns mounted). the montana class (planned but not built) was gonna rival the yamato class.

(and yes, that's from memory).

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

o.m.g.

Every freaking morning I come in a little early so I can sit at my desk and drink my coffee, check emails, post on vj (;)) and every freaking morning the cleaning lady feels the need to go on and on about her son. It's either his girlfriend with the fake boobs, or it's his job, or the latest saga: his car accident.

I am not showing any interest at all, in fact she's talking right now and I am typing away.

I just say: "ya" once in a while, but like do she not get it? I have NO interest in talking to her.

This is my morning time, I come in early to relax and not have to talk to anyone.

omg and as soon as you think she's gone she'll come back around the corner and keep on talking...

Now she's going on about her husband looking at other girls. Seriously... I DON'T FVCKING CARE.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey! This is the vent thread! Either put a lot of anger and aggression in your gun posts or get your own thread!!! :bonk:

:angry:

:hehe:

<3 Krikit.

Btw, I nearly spat my morning tea all over my laptop when I read your post to random newbie that said "You're new here, aren't you?".

Cracked me up.

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Filed: Timeline
omg and as soon as you think she's gone she'll come back around the corner and keep on talking...

Now she's going on about her husband looking at other girls. Seriously... I DON'T FVCKING CARE.

I think this was created especially for you: shutup.gif lol

Btw, I nearly spat my morning tea all over my laptop when I read your post to random newbie that said "You're new here, aren't you?".

Cracked me up.

LOL. People are so funny and they don't even know it. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey! This is the vent thread! Either put a lot of anger and aggression in your gun posts or get your own thread!!! :bonk:

:angry:

:hehe:

I agree, I want to vent about that vent or non-vent too. I don't need to see the picture of the a 1903a3 which "has more than an 8" barrel" every day. I don't care about guns and in fact I don't like guns.

You are not going to infiltrate Canada with your gun talk, it's not going to happen, we will build a wall!!

great-wall-of-china.jpg

Timeline

MVC-098S.JPG

bismark (and sister tirpitz) had 14" guns, and only mounted 8 (2x4) versus the 9 (3x3) of the iowa class....yamato and musashi (sister ship) were the largest battleships made (and largest guns mounted). the montana class (planned but not built) was gonna rival the yamato class.

(and yes, that's from memory).

Pretty good for a guy who served on an ironclad. :P

IR5

Timeline
o.m.g.

Every freaking morning I come in a little early so I can sit at my desk and drink my coffee, check emails, post on vj ( ;) ) and every freaking morning the cleaning lady feels the need to go on and on about her son. It's either his girlfriend with the fake boobs, or it's his job, or the latest saga: his car accident.

I am not showing any interest at all, in fact she's talking right now and I am typing away.

I just say: "ya" once in a while, but like do she not get it? I have NO interest in talking to her.

This is my morning time, I come in early to relax and not have to talk to anyone.

Her husband looks at other girls and her son has a grilfriend with fake boobs. Why does this sound like the idea for an episode of Jerry Springer. :lol: It's too bad that her son was in a car accident but at least his girlfriend didn't get injured due to her built-in airbags. :devil:

IR5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.