July09Bride

The Vent - Part 2

5,031 posts in this topic

I know I can't do anything about what people choose to wear. But I am allergic to perfumes and unfortunately they give me really bad headaches. So when someone comes near me wearing loads of it, I get sick.

I understand some people like to smell funny but people should really be considerate of people with allergies. If you're leaving a trail of scent stench, you've probably gone too far.

Sorry but I now have a headache thanks to someone who decided to bathe in the stuff today.

I mean is it really necessary?? The smell isn't even remotely natural... does soap and water not work? I know I'll probably get called a prude for thinking this way but I just don't get why people use insane amounts of the stuff. Its not even attractive when someone is wearing loads of it.

I only want to smell someone's added fragrance if I am kissing their neck!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea I am not opposed to people wearing it, a little doesn't give me a headache, but lots of it does. Like its instant pounding headache.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, looks like we are going to have a MAJOR change in plans :angry: After all this time and research on me being the one to go down with the kids. My ex DH (ex darn husband) is starting to back away on the agreement to let the children move to the US unless I give up majorly on my entitlements from this divorce.. (wants me to give up on half the pension, wants me to give up on half the equity in the house, wants me to give up my spousal support and drop child support a bit) even though I was going to pay for the airfare for the kids to see him on his extended visits wherever he is posted to (hes military) for 6 weeks in the summer and a a week at christmas.

I so do not have the energy to fight him on this - so it looks like my significant other is going to have to be the one to come up here. Now time to research the whole Canadian immigration stuff, just incase...

Sarinha

First met March 2007, playing an MMORPG (ffxi)

Getting married Feb 12 2010

Will start our VJ Feb 2010

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

I-130 Journey - VSC CR1 & CR2

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

- Total Days from NOA 1 to NOA2 xxx

I-129F Journey - VSC K3 & K4

xx-xx-xx I-130 Received @ NVC

xx-xx-xx Case Completed at NVC :

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days from NOA1 to NVC Complete xx

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Received at Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

xx-xx-xx Interview Date [ ] Pass [ ] Fail

- Total Days from Recd at Consulate to Interview xxx

- Total Days from NOA1 to Interview xxx

Timeline

I'm sorry too. If it is any consulation, Canadian immigration is faster, better organized, cheaper and 'user-friendlier' in the long run than US immigration. You can find what you need at http://www.cic.gc.ca. Out of country processing (applying through Canadian Consulate in Buffalo) tends to be faster than in-country processing (he visits and stays with you during the process). Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Now I can only hope that he doesnt follow thru with this. My lawyer thinks he is doing this to test the waters to see if he can try to get more out of this. She thinks if I stay strong and keep my entitlement he may just give up on that. Since I made the agremeent with him that Id be payign for airfare for the kids to see him and he wouldnt have to pay section 7 expenses (half childcare, half children activities, etc). If I stay up here in Canada not only am I going to be keeping what Im entitled to, but the courts are not going to make me pay the airfare for him to see the kids since its his job thats moving him around.. and he is still going to have to pay those section 7 expenses. So she thinks its just a test. But I think for someone whos spending $300 an hour on a lawyer, why pay to test it. Only time will tell.

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

Timeline
Now I can only hope that he doesnt follow thru with this. My lawyer thinks he is doing this to test the waters to see if he can try to get more out of this. She thinks if I stay strong and keep my entitlement he may just give up on that. Since I made the agremeent with him that Id be payign for airfare for the kids to see him and he wouldnt have to pay section 7 expenses (half childcare, half children activities, etc). If I stay up here in Canada not only am I going to be keeping what Im entitled to, but the courts are not going to make me pay the airfare for him to see the kids since its his job thats moving him around.. and he is still going to have to pay those section 7 expenses. So she thinks its just a test. But I think for someone whos spending $300 an hour on a lawyer, why pay to test it. Only time will tell.

So can you move anywhere in canada you wish without his consent?? I know not to many good paying jobs in the Kingston/Greenwood area. I believe from ur previous posts, it sounds like he doesn't want a lot to do with the kids, so if that is correct, he is probably just testing you, and trying to be a jerk, so stick it back at him and go for the max!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Wow I would say too bad you wont let the kids come with me I'm taking everything you got and some. Enough playing games. I think your lawyer needs to get alot more serious at $300 an hour I would want to see results and soon.

all to familiar with ex's playing games I hope you get things settled soon.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

So can you move anywhere in canada you wish without his consent?? I know not to many good paying jobs in the Kingston/Greenwood area. I believe from ur previous posts, it sounds like he doesn't want a lot to do with the kids, so if that is correct, he is probably just testing you, and trying to be a jerk, so stick it back at him and go for the max!!

Hey Flames,

Not yet, because so far I was able to go to the states with the kids. We were just going to stay put until the visa's were approved. But come May, if he keeps up with his new demands - my lawyer is going to file an application for relocation back home to Toronto for the kids and me. Its usually pretty easy to get if you are a military family, and you are moving back home to where all your family is.

I am not going to stay here in Greenwood, because just as you mentioned - the jobs pay no more than $10 an hour here, and if you want to make more than that, those jobs are scarce. You know what its like here... lol.

Ontarkie, Yeah, I am not going to budge - its just WRONG! I'm sorry, but playing the whole "you cant move with the kids without my consent unless you drop all these financial benefits" is not just wrong for me... but appauling for the kids sake

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

Timeline

They think there so smart acting like that just trying to keep that much more control over us and all they end up doing is making themselves look like idiots to their kids. Cause the kids do grow up and figure out things on their own.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Sorry you had to go through this too!`

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

Timeline

I'm not really mad, more confused.

My MIL sent my husband a rather mean email yesterday. She emailed him at 11:00 in the morning and then she emailed him again a few hours later giving him ####### about not replying to her email. We were out ALL day.

In her email she said how she feels that he might as well live in Alaska because he never calls her to tell her what's going on in our lives. I am confused because we visit with them at least once a month, she calls him every weekend and they talk. I don't know what else she wants. She is upset that she finds out more about him on facebook. Um thats what facebook is for... to keep up to date with peoples lives. He posted about how he had a cold and she got upset that he never told her.

Then at the end of her email she throws in: "PS: You should really learn how to differentiate between the spelling of there/their because it makes you look uneducated"

Like was that really necessary?

I don't really think it was necessary. :(

Also, she can come visit us, but she never has. I will stay out of it because its my husbands battle and not mine, but it still upsets me because she can be cruel at times.

Apparently she is also upset that we're going to Canada for holidays and not staying here. We live here... why can't we spend holidays with my family in Canada? :unsure:

Anyways I just had to let it out. Carry on.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I'm not really mad, more confused.

My MIL sent my husband a rather mean email yesterday. She emailed him at 11:00 in the morning and then she emailed him again a few hours later giving him ####### about not replying to her email. We were out ALL day.

In her email she said how she feels that he might as well live in Alaska because he never calls her to tell her what's going on in our lives. I am confused because we visit with them at least once a month, she calls him every weekend and they talk. I don't know what else she wants. She is upset that she finds out more about him on facebook. Um thats what facebook is for... to keep up to date with peoples lives. He posted about how he had a cold and she got upset that he never told her.

Then at the end of her email she throws in: "PS: You should really learn how to differentiate between the spelling of there/their because it makes you look uneducated"

Like was that really necessary?

I don't really think it was necessary. :(

Also, she can come visit us, but she never has. I will stay out of it because its my husbands battle and not mine, but it still upsets me because she can be cruel at times.

Apparently she is also upset that we're going to Canada for holidays and not staying here. We live here... why can't we spend holidays with my family in Canada? :unsure:

Anyways I just had to let it out. Carry on.

Wow, thats more then most parents get, isnt it?

Sarinha

2c61618b8b94d52d.gif

02-xx-10 -I-130 sent

xx-xx-10- I-130 NOA1

xx-xx-xx- I-130 NOA2

xx-xx-xx NVC Left:

- Total Days @ NVC xx

Consulate

xx-xx-xx Medical Date

Timeline

We spend birthdays over there, have dinners over there, my husband was there last week. We were there a few weeks ago for dinner. My mom was here two weeks ago so last weekend he didn't call home. We were busy.

I don't know what she expects. We're married. We're kind of living our lives. It just doesn't help when she adds this drama in on in there.

She's just high maintenance.

Donne moi une poptart!

Perhaps it's a cultural thing, and where I come from a mom does not email their kid to vent, complain or anything really...a call would have been best.

What is up with important things like that in an email.

Bleh!

:unsure:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.