Texanbybirth

Good lord I know I can't be the only one...

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know I can't be the only one who is about to pull their hair out. Watching people from Vermont get notices of RFE's who have filed petitions in April and May. I am so conflicted in my feelings. I am happy that something is getting done and I am happy that these people will be reunited with their loved ones, but dangit if I can't help but feel some jealousy. California has always been notoriously slow and I flinched when I realized that my petition would be forwarded from the beginning from Texas there. Now they have yet to even send one RFE out in regards to IMBRA. People are getting touched, but noone's showing a change that an RFE has been asked for. I just got off the phone with the information center and got a load of bullcrap. My case is taking from 90-120 days to process so they say. The only way I can talk to someone is if I have a life or death emergency which would constitute them putting my case in front of someone elses (which is not what I am wanting to do). All I want to know is this...Are you actually doing anything with the cases you have received? Can you not post something? Why is it that Vermont can get stuff done and California just meanders through? I can't stand the not knowing. I wonder if I can call back and tell them the life or death situation is me having a heart attack from all the damn stress of their lousy way of handling immigration law? SHEEEZUS!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I know I can't be the only one who is about to pull their hair out. Watching people from Vermont get notices of RFE's who have filed petitions in April and May. I am so conflicted in my feelings. I am happy that something is getting done and I am happy that these people will be reunited with their loved ones, but dangit if I can't help but feel some jealousy. California has always been notoriously slow and I flinched when I realized that my petition would be forwarded from the beginning from Texas there. Now they have yet to even send one RFE out in regards to IMBRA. People are getting touched, but noone's showing a change that an RFE has been asked for. I just got off the phone with the information center and got a load of bullcrap. My case is taking from 90-120 days to process so they say. The only way I can talk to someone is if I have a life or death emergency which would constitute them putting my case in front of someone elses (which is not what I am wanting to do). All I want to know is this...Are you actually doing anything with the cases you have received? Can you not post something? Why is it that Vermont can get stuff done and California just meanders through? I can't stand the not knowing. I wonder if I can call back and tell them the life or death situation is me having a heart attack from all the damn stress of their lousy way of handling immigration law? SHEEEZUS!

I'm with ya - I'm out of my mind but at this point I see there is zero I can do.

Where did you call? Do you have a phone number for CA? I can't even get a response to my email . . .

Timeline

I have never understood why there is such a discrepency in processing times from one service center to another. And to transfer files from Taxas and Nebraska to the slowest center doesn't make sense either.

It can be a stressful process, no doubt. I know we are all supposed to keep our eye on the finish line, but sometimes it is hard to do! Let's hope all the touching of files that California has been doing lately means they are getting ready to send some RFE's out. I think we will all feel less aggitated when we see a few RFE's heading out of CSC too. Hang in there!

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

I hear ya. I have the same feelings as you. When I first filed through Nebraska, the way the timelines were, we should have been completely finished by September (visa in hand I mean). We will be lucky if we are done by Christmas at this rate. I know there are people worse off than me but it gets really hard to stay positive.

By the way, how many states does Vermont process vs. California now?

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

I guess what I meant is how many states does California cover. For example, I am in Ohio but California NOW has jurisdiction over my state. Give me a break, Pennsylvania I believe goes to Vermont and so does West Virginia. They couldn't include Ohio? I find it hard to believe that Vermont services as many states as California does now.

Sorry I am in a pissy mood and need to vent!

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I have heard a rumor that California will become the Service center for all K1 visas. That is why Nebraska K1's where transferred there, not because of backlog, and that other types of non-immigrant visas will be moved from California to the other service centers.

Complete heresay and rumors, but it would make sense.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Even though Vermont has less states in their jurisdiction, Vermont is also the only center processing I-129 petitions, for workers. So I dunno how valid is the complaint about number of states.

It´s indeed unfair that some of us (me included) got their RFEs prior to recalled petitions and petitions with an older NOA1 date, and I am really sorry that such is happening (although I´m happy for myself). The only attempt I can make to explain this is that maybe our cases were already sitting on top of a desk, and it was easy to send our RFEs since were were right there.

Also, the reason Vermont is faster (if I´m not mistaken) is ´cus last year or a bit before that they have some revamping going on and currently have a larger staff working for them, than the other centers do.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

99 days since I got my NOA1....

57 days since I was in the arms of the man who is my destiny....

95 days since I've heard ####### all about my petition (cashed check, got my NOA1 in the mail, and my status was updated on the USCIS website)

I have never hated the date March 20th, 2006 until this year. I can't stand seeing that number...over and over and over!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Geez, I'm still waiting to be touched after NOA1 also... damn that TSC for sending me to CSC!!! Yes, still waiting to hear abt the RFE... I know the answers, in fact, if my petition was actually read, they'd see it right there already (ie: how we met... *not* thru a broker!).... and aren't they supposed to do background checks on the USC anyway??? So, now I just wait (not so patiently) for my RFE so I can send them what they want.

Originally, according to the timelines of the average petition thru Casablanca, we were hopeful that my love would be here by Oct... now, I'm just hoping by the end of the year will be nice :(

COME ON SERVICE CENTERS.... MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT!!! :yes:

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay Guys, I have a question about this whole mess....

My application was sent today. Since we have the new I-129F form, how will this effect us? Will we be in line after everyone who USCIS is waiting for RFE's from? Not that I think it would be fair for us to skip over anyone in line, I do not, I believe it's only fair for things to progress in order of receipt but I am just trying to anticipate how much delay we may see.....

In addition, according to the USCIS websites, I thought we needed to send the application to Nebraska (Daniel lives in IL)....does this mean we are going to be transfered causing us a further delay? We have already made plans for when I will quit my job and such....now I'm a little concerned I was premature here..... :unsure: In any case, I will be the happiest woman alive when this is over and I look forward to when this wait is over. It will all be worthwhile soon enough :D I think if I had to, I would wait a lifetime for my wonderful man :whistle:

Good luck to all, and remember, patience through this only requires a little time, the love you have will last a lifetime :thumbs:

"Let your legs carry your body and your heart carry your dreams."

June 19th, 2006 - I129-F sent via Fedex (courtesy of my Honey's work) to arrive using next day delivery

Mid- July - Found out I129-F never left his company but is lost there.....need to gather and try again

August 2006 - Still waiting...maybe not the I-129F route anymore

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Okay Guys, I have a question about this whole mess....

My application was sent today. Since we have the new I-129F form, how will this effect us? Will we be in line after everyone who USCIS is waiting for RFE's from? Not that I think it would be fair for us to skip over anyone in line, I do not, I believe it's only fair for things to progress in order of receipt but I am just trying to anticipate how much delay we may see.....

In addition, according to the USCIS websites, I thought we needed to send the application to Nebraska (Daniel lives in IL)....does this mean we are going to be transfered causing us a further delay? We have already made plans for when I will quit my job and such....now I'm a little concerned I was premature here..... :unsure: In any case, I will be the happiest woman alive when this is over and I look forward to when this wait is over. It will all be worthwhile soon enough :D I think if I had to, I would wait a lifetime for my wonderful man :whistle:

Good luck to all, and remember, patience through this only requires a little time, the love you have will last a lifetime :thumbs:

It's still unclear if you will be transferred to CA but you did the right thing by sending it to Nebraska since they haven't changed the "where to file" rules yet. Since you filed with the new form, you won't need to go through the whole RFE thing to fill in the missing information so you should have a normal timeline. Problem is, it's almost impossible to say what is normal for CA these days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If they handle RFE's in the same manner as they have handled them in the past, those who get RFE's will not be put at the bottom of the file after returning thier requested evidence. From reading these boards awhile, they seem to recieve your evidence then pull your file right away for re-adjucating.

So, the answer to your question is you will not be put ahead of those who got the RFE for the old I-129F.

At least as far as I can tell...

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.