1,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hard to say but hopefully it's a good sign!

So in anticipation of the RFE letter. our lawyer sent off new paperwork that CSC received today thus the latest touch on my file. Hopefully this means i get a new NOA2 this week.

HWDWm6.png

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

so after a horribly long time, we finally got news. Wes emailed the consulate and was told they have mailed us our packet and that the interview date is Nov. 23rd....FINALLY

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
so after a horribly long time, we finally got news. Wes emailed the consulate and was told they have mailed us our packet and that the interview date is Nov. 23rd....FINALLY

Wow finally! Congrats Danu. After all this you finally have a date. This process is so stupid. You were so far ahead of all of us, at least when the NOA2 came, and I remember how jealous I was. lol.

Now though, people are back and fourth all over the place!!! :bonk::help:

Crazy. We finally got an interview date as well, the 12th of Nov.

Good luck to you!

Now we are working on getting past our nervousness of an overstay issue being brought up at the interview, yikes!

Check it out, it would be great to know what everyone thinks about the issue.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=212897&hl=

Good luck with your interview prep Danu.

Timeline

Wow finally! Congrats Danu. After all this you finally have a date. This process is so stupid. You were so far ahead of all of us, at least when the NOA2 came, and I remember how jealous I was. lol.

Good luck to you!

Now we are working on getting past our nervousness of an overstay issue being brought up at the interview, yikes!

Lol thank you! I've been ready for it for months, so its been driving me crazy not knowing. Our consulate is so backed up now its stupid..our interview will be 5 months from NOA2, 4 months since we sent our packet back...I've been intensely jealous of everyone who got theirs so quickly after sending their info back. Stupid Montreal. The worst part of it all is knowing Kim is going through that consulate too! I really wish they would have expedited her properly.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

About bloody time! unbelieveable..8 months from beginning to interview at montreal. At least it looks like you'll be home by xmas!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Good luck to you!

Lol thank you! I've been ready for it for months, so its been driving me crazy not knowing. Our consulate is so backed up now its stupid..our interview will be 5 months from NOA2, 4 months since we sent our packet back...I've been intensely jealous of everyone who got theirs so quickly after sending their info back. Stupid Montreal. The worst part of it all is knowing Kim is going through that consulate too! I really wish they would have expedited her properly.

well if i work in all the wait times etc, it looks like my interview if i get one will be in March, one year from starting this whole stupidity and 15 months after separating from David. 4 months which were added on by the lawyers mistakes. i've definately joined the do not get a lawyer bandwagon.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

So i just got this email:

We reopened this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) on October 7, 2009, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

i'm guessing that means my noa2 is no longer valid and they are reabjudicating it.

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hard to say but hopefully it's a good sign!

So in anticipation of the RFE letter. our lawyer sent off new paperwork that CSC received today thus the latest touch on my file. Hopefully this means i get a new NOA2 this week.

Yes, they usually approve it very shortly.

So i just got this email:

We reopened this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) on October 7, 2009, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

i'm guessing that means my noa2 is no longer valid and they are reabjudicating it.

That is not the same notice I got after my RFE. Yeah, I guess they reopend your case and this is a good sign.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got a letter from the London embassy in the mail today.

This was a little concerning to me, as I couldn't think of any reason why the embassy would want to write to me.

Although I had sent off my forms a couple of weeks back, I hadn't submitted the checksheet yet to say I'm ready for an interview because my fiance is still gathering evidance back in the US. So, I figured it couldn't be about that...

And although I wrote to them about a week ago asking for an extension to our approval notice (which expires october 30th), it was my understanding that like most visa-related communications, I would simply be tossing it into a black hole and hoping for the best. Certainly wasn't expecting them to write back to me about it!!

So, not having any immediate clue why the embassy would write to me, I was somewhat alarmed this morning to receive a letter from them.

Anyways, they basically wrote back to tell me that in order to extend the length of my approval notice, I need to get my fiance to submit a sworn statement of his intent to marry. We did submit a signed letter of intent already, but I guess they won't accept it unless it's actually been sworn.

So, if anyone in the UK happens to need to write and request an extension, make sure you have your fiance provide a sworn letter of intent!

Silly letter is not very clear though; doesn't say whether to send it back to them now, or provide it on the day of the interview. I'm going to do both, I think, just to be sure to cover all possibilities.

Edited by FrostyMist

Timeline

At long last, Sarah has her interview date in London. October 21st :) Funny thing is, it's exactly one year to the day of when she had to go back to the UK after her J1 expired.

Zach and Sarah's abridged timeline

K-1

03-19-09 - I-129F mailed to CSC

03-23-09 - NOA1 (electronic)

07-22-09 - NOA2

10-21-09 - Interview

11-09-09 - POE (Chicago O'Hare)

12-19-09 - Wedding

AOS

02-05-10 - Mailed I-485

02-06-10 - I-485 Received at Chicago lockbox

02-12-10 - NOA1 (received e-mail and text on 2-12)

02-13-10 - NOA1 hard copy

02-20-10 - Biometrics letter received

03-03-10 - Transferred to CSC (received in post 3-6)

03-10-10 - Biometrics appointment

04-08-10 - Touch

04-15-10 - Touch

04-16-10 - Touch

04-20-10 - Approved!

04-20-10 - Card production ordered

04-26-10 - GC received in mail (done with USCIS for almost two years!)

Removal of Conditions

03-23-12 - Mailed I-751

03-26-12 - NOA1

04-13-12 - Biometrics letter received

05-07-12 - Biometrics

10-10-12 - Approved!

10-10-12 - Card production ordered

10-12-12 - Card mailed

10-15-12 - Card received!

Timeline

tinypyramids: It's good to hear that the London embassy are still being pretty fast about scheduling interviews.

My fiance has once again posted me his sponsorship forms and all related evidance. Hopefully the post won't be too slow and they'll get here by next weekend.

I, in the meantime, unfortunately, am dealing with a hold up at my doctors. They're still unable to write me a letter for me to take to my visa medical because they have yet to receive my notes from my old doctors. Bah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sooo.....Gardasil anyone?

What a messed up deal this is.

My fiance turns 26 two weeks after the interview.

We are trying anything and everything to not have her take this, "necessary vaccine."

Has everyone else takin this vaccine?

Timeline
Sooo.....Gardasil anyone?

What a messed up deal this is.

My fiance turns 26 two weeks after the interview.

We are trying anything and everything to not have her take this, "necessary vaccine."

Has everyone else takin this vaccine?

I have, no side effects other than a bit of a sore arm. BTW even though the age says 26, you dont age out till you hit 27. The only other way to get around it is to try to file a waver but it may get rejected and can add up to another 3 months of waiting onto your timeline. Its not as bad as everyone says, you are just as likely to get sick or have bad side effects from any other vaccine your take, so if she has any allergies to other vaccines she can request from her doctor a waiver based on allergies. I've done 2 of the 3 shots now, last one is due in January. The syrum is stingy and my arm hurt for like 2 days after the first shot, but I had no side effects at all with the 2nd one.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~

Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.