1,588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just got off the phone with my Senator. Bad, horrible, heart wrenching news.

The process is supposed to take 5 to 7 months depending on volume, time, and order in which they were received, and country

of origin. Our case was put to the side. No one even looked at it until they called. The man the Senator spoke with said that once a case is assigned

a case worker, then the 5 month processing time goes into effect. Our case was assigned to someone on July 31st. Almost 5 months to the day we submitted we were finally

given a response that said, "sorry, 5 months starts now."

He told the Senator that they will begin the FBI background check, which will take a month, and then request an RFE on top of that.

I told the Senator how everyone else is faring with getting approvals already and he said sorry and that there is nothing more they can do but push.

The Senator was extremely kind and said he would do everything he could to help and keep following the case, but USCIS doesn't give a sh!t.

F... this process.

Im considering canning the whole thing and leaving.

Its bullshit that people can come illegally tomorrow, but try to do the right thing, and wait a year.

Awesome America.

Awesome.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

Sorry to hear about all of this, especially since I am hoping but expecting nothing better myself.

On a somewhat lighter note, I must point out that you are most certainly being overly-kind to USCIS in stating that their reply began with "Sorry."

That word is not part of their vocabulary. As a friend of mine once stated, the people at USCIS must be heart transplant donors....

Try to look at the bright side. At least you now have acknowledgment that your case was indeed received and (at last) assigned a case worker.

The process is supposed to take 5 to 7 months depending on volume, time, and order in which they were received, and country

of origin. Our case was put to the side. No one even looked at it until they called. The man the Senator spoke with said that once a case is assigned

a case worker, then the 5 month processing time goes into effect. Our case was assigned to someone on July 31st. Almost 5 months to the day we submitted we were finally

He told the Senator that they will begin the FBI background check, which will take a month, and then request an RFE on top of that.

I told the Senator how everyone else is faring with getting approvals already and he said sorry and that there is nothing more they can do but push.

The Senator was extremely kind and said he would do everything he could to help and keep following the case, but USCIS doesn't give a sh!t.

F... this process.

Its bullshit that people can come illegally tomorrow, but try to do the right thing, and wait a year.

Awesome America.

Awesome.

---

Patrick (USC) and Ingrith (Panameña)

First met: Oct, 2007

Proposal (and acceptance): 28 Dec, 2008

NOA1: 6 Mar, 2009

NOA2: 13 Aug, 2009

Packet 3: 31 Aug, 2009

Interview: 22 Sept, 2009

POE: 26 Sept, 2009

Married! 10 Oct, 2009

---

AOS/AP/EAD sent: 12 Nov, 2009

NOA1 x 3: 19 Nov, 2009

NOA1 hard copies: 23 Nov, 2009

Biometrics: 15 Dec, 2009

Transfer to CSC: 17 Dec, 2009

I-485 touch: 29 Dec, 2009 & 6 Jan, 2010

Green Card Approved: 22 Jan, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello guys,

I feel for all of you early March filers that have not gotten an approval yet. Just a suggestion that may not hurt to try; write a plea to the office of csc Director and ask for her help in resolving your case. A friend of mine gave me this idea here's the fax # 949-389-3251 I know it maybe a long shot but try it.

Rob

Timeline
I just called the NVC and they sent our case to the London embassy yesterday (August 4th)! If you're a 7-22 NOA2 like we were and you haven't called in the past couple days, you might want to give it a shot.

Thanks for the update,

I called NVC a few minutes ago as well and they told me they sent our case to the Embassy today (August 5th). I wish for a speedy approval for the rest of the March filers.

Rob

I just called the NVC and they sent our case to the London embassy yesterday (August 4th)! If you're a 7-22 NOA2 like we were and you haven't called in the past couple days, you might want to give it a shot.

Thanks for the update,

I called NVC a few minutes ago as well and they told me they sent our case to the Embassy today (August 5th). I wish for a speedy approval for the rest of the March filers.

Rob

We have a 7/20 NOA2 and ours is still lounging around at NVC.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Not really 7-22, but I was planning on calling again by the end of the week (Friday). I'll keep everyone posted on NVC timelines.

--BaWa

Our K1 Visa timeline

03-28-09 : I-129F mailed to USCIS

03-30-09 : I-129F received at USCIS

03-31-09 : check cashed by USCIS

03-31-09 : NOA1 email

04-02-09 : check cleared at bank

04-04-09 : NOA1 hard copy received

07-21-09 : Touched

07-22-09 : NOA2 email

07-25-09 : NOA2 hard copy received

08-06-09 : Case received at NVC

08-07-09 : Case forwarded to US Embassy in Brussels

08-19-09 : Packet 3 received from US Embassy

09-03-09 : Medical completed

09-03-09 : Packet 3 checklist mailed back to US Embassy

09-10-09 : Interview!

09-17-09 : Turn in two missing forms, Approved, Got the VISA!

10-21-09 : POE Washington DC

11-08-09 : Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

F... this process.

Awesome America.

Awesome.

oww...that is complete utter BS..thats more or less what we are going through..but we didn't get that much detailed info from the congressman :( just that our case was in FBI..i'm guessing our two touches on july 31, was cuz of congress calling and making them pull file off of dusty shelf, and 2nd was to give to fbi.

blurgh.ya we were sposed to get married in january 09..but we didn't knwo about visa process back then..now i wish we had of :(

on a brighter note..i got another touch today..i can only hope this means we are out of fbi check...now i'm j ust waiting for more bad news..in the form of an RFE, or denial or something else..:( i just have this gut feeling..blurgh!

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Oh hon, think positive! Even if its an RFE, it means you're out of checks and that once they get the info you are on your way! I doubt you will get a denial. *hugs* Hopefully you get some good news soon!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

I feel you Kimbear. Its a gut wrenching process, but hang in there.

So, you have seen touches on the website? I haven't seen anything. No touches nothing.

We did get pretty detailed info. We even got a follow up email from USCIS documenting the phone call and the contents.

I hope it ends soon. If you get approved soon, hopefully now you can have a marriage in Jan 10'

Hang in there.

I hate all of this, but she (for me) he (for you lol) is worth it!

Timeline

Well... I lied. I just checked the website after complaining about no touches. Finally got one. FRICK!!!

After all this, the call to the senator, the emails to the lawyer, and the complaining on VJ, the date FINALLY CHANGED! lol.

I dont even care what it was, I SEE something now.

Funny though, they told my senator that they started on July 31st and the touch came on Wed Aug 5th. The next day, the 6th was when my Senator called back.

Funny thing huh?

Timeline

ya it is a funny thing...like mine..was never touched til the senator inquired..then they force fed me to the fbi check so they coudl say that 'something" was being done to my case and it wasn't forgotten or lost..which was my biggest worry..i just hope this means we both get some good news this week!!!

i do not want to be alone for a 2nd Christmas :( it almost killed me last time. bad enough our anniversary is sept 6th..and we can't see each other. :crying:

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks for the update,

Rob

We have a 7/20 NOA2 and ours is still lounging around at NVC.

I just called the NVC and they sent our case to the Frankfurt embassy 07.31 (our NOA date is 07.20).

Timeline

Well....

The senator called on Wed the 5th.

Got a touch today for the 5th.

Checked the website at noon to see the touch.

Checked just now...

AND GOT APPROVED!!!!!

For all those still waiting.

Contact your congressman or senators.

Now to update my timeline

and start praying for the rest of you.

Hang in there.

Timeline
Well....

The senator called on Wed the 5th.

Got a touch today for the 5th.

Checked the website at noon to see the touch.

Checked just now...

AND GOT APPROVED!!!!!

For all those still waiting.

Contact your congressman or senators.

Now to update my timeline

and start praying for the rest of you.

Hang in there.

Good for you I am real happy for you best of luck the rest of the journey. To other March filers we all wish you luck and encourage you to actively push for your cases through proper channels.

Rob

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.