honestlyspkng

documents for interview, staples or no

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wondering if anyone has had any trouble in an interview if documents are stapled.I heard somewhere that staples should not be used but I have many multi-page invoices and bills and wanted to staple pages together to keep them from being mixed.

Thank you all

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Wondering if anyone has had any trouble in an interview if documents are stapled.I heard somewhere that staples should not be used but I have many multi-page invoices and bills and wanted to staple pages together to keep them from being mixed.

Thank you all

I used paper clips so they can easily detach those that they will need only. Less fuss but still organized :)

God Bless!!!

Chris&Barbie

'with you by my side, how can I fail?" cbw

I130

NOA1 : 05.05.08

TOUCHED : 05.09.08

TOUCHED : 10.01.08

TOUCHED : 10.02.08

APPROVED (NOA2): JANUARY 7, 2009--- THANK YOU LORD!!!!

I129-F

NOA1 : 05.28.08

TOUCHED : 07.10.08

CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: 01.15.09

CASE SENT OUT TO US EMBASSY-MANILA FROM NVC: 01.15.09

LETTER FROM THE EMBASSY: 01.22.09

PAID DV: 01.15.09

MEDICAL EXAM: 02.16.09-1ST DAY 02.17.09-2ND DAY---PASSED!!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 03.03.09- PASSED! THANK GOD!

VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2009

HOME: March 7, 2009

FOLLOW UPS:

11.10.08-called up USCIS to inquire about our status/sent faxes to congressmen and senator

11.12.08-called up USCIS again and was told that our case was moved to CSC back in June(!) because the state department have some questions about some of the documents we filed. And they never sent us any RFE...Grrrrrrr!!!! Was told that they don't know what the problem with the documents...Grrrrrr (again)! and was told that they will file a request for review...uuuuuggghhhh!!!!

01.14.09: Hubby sent a Thank you letter to his senator's office for clearing out the confussions with our application last Dec. 4. We'll go with K3...Hubby's doing his ITR as we speak... =)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I've stapled pieces of the various packages I have sent, and then used binder clips to "bind" the package together.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Don't use staples. Claudeth used 3-ring binders with tabs to separate the documents

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I've stapled pieces of the various packages I have sent, and then used binder clips to "bind" the package together.

That's no biggie really as long as you organized everything and have the papers ready when they ask. What matters most is that you got everything, stapled or not :)

Double and quadruple check before you head out for the interview. Make photocopies of the documents if possible.

God Bless!!!

Chris&Barbie

'with you by my side, how can I fail?" cbw

I130

NOA1 : 05.05.08

TOUCHED : 05.09.08

TOUCHED : 10.01.08

TOUCHED : 10.02.08

I129-F

NOA1 : 05.28.08

TOUCHED : 07.10.08

CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: 01.15.09

CASE SENT OUT TO US EMBASSY-MANILA FROM NVC: 01.15.09

LETTER FROM THE EMBASSY: 01.22.09

PAID DV: 01.15.09

MEDICAL EXAM: 02.16.09-1ST DAY 02.17.09-2ND DAY---PASSED!!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 03.03.09- PASSED! THANK GOD!

VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2009

HOME: March 7, 2009

FOLLOW UPS:

11.10.08-called up USCIS to inquire about our status/sent faxes to congressmen and senator

11.12.08-called up USCIS again and was told that our case was moved to CSC back in June(!) because the state department have some questions about some of the documents we filed. And they never sent us any RFE...Grrrrrrr!!!! Was told that they don't know what the problem with the documents...Grrrrrr (again)! and was told that they will file a request for review...uuuuuggghhhh!!!!

01.14.09: Hubby sent a Thank you letter to his senator's office for clearing out the confussions with our application last Dec. 4. We'll go with K3...Hubby's doing his ITR as we speak... =)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you all

A friend's wife works at the VSC. She says they HATE staples, but it won't disqualify you. I had accidentally stapled together some copies in our interview package and the otherwise really pleasant officer grumbled about that, but he was on the other side of the glass and couldn't choke me or anything, and he got over it pretty quick. Use paper clips if you can, do not expect to get them back

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you all

just out of curiosity, what kind of multipaged invoices or bills are you submitting?

In my information, other than the tax return... no particular piece of evidence was more than 1 page in length....

YMMV

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

These are not documents I am sending but rather documents I am taking to the interview. Multi page invoices and bills are mostly part of the package to prove relationship, receipts from calling card co, credit card bills to show purchase of the calling cards, telephone bills fron telephone co, electric and gas bills in both our names etc. I will hold these document together with binder clips, but the monthly bills I wanted to staple together so that page one and two stay together.

It may be a simple thing, but I know they can be picky about simple things.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
These are not documents I am sending but rather documents I am taking to the interview. Multi page invoices and bills are mostly part of the package to prove relationship, receipts from calling card co, credit card bills to show purchase of the calling cards, telephone bills fron telephone co, electric and gas bills in both our names etc. I will hold these document together with binder clips, but the monthly bills I wanted to staple together so that page one and two stay together.

It may be a simple thing, but I know they can be picky about simple things.

credit card receipts showing the purchase of calling cards does not prove who you called... only a call log would

receipts from calling card companies does not prove who you call... only a call log would

you only need to provide a sampling, not every bill...

BTW, Kiev is a decent consulate....

YMMV

We had some stuff in the binders stapled, but at the interview they really didn't want any of it. They took the support information and not much else. So I guess it probably won't matter much. I did see the staff pulling staples out of documents behind the glass, and they didn't look ticked off or anything.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I put everything in manilla folders and acco fasteners. We'll see if they're impressed lol

If it were me, I would much prefer acco or paperclips rather than staples

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.