rodney22

Internet Dating

60 posts in this topic

We sort of met on the internet, but romance wasn't a part of it until I'd actually met him in person. We both posted on another forum, and I was meeting up with a bunch of people from that forum in England, and he very sweetly helped me arrange for a hotel and even picked me up from the airport.

In one of our conversations he had mentioned he liked a certain kind of chocolate, which I had found in duty-free on my way there. I ran to my room to get it, and brought it out to the hotel lobby where he was waiting for me and a few other people. He gave me a hug then, and it was like instant chemistry.

The rest is history...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
We sort of met on the internet, but romance wasn't a part of it until I'd actually met him in person. We both posted on another forum, and I was meeting up with a bunch of people from that forum in England, and he very sweetly helped me arrange for a hotel and even picked me up from the airport.

In one of our conversations he had mentioned he liked a certain kind of chocolate, which I had found in duty-free on my way there. I ran to my room to get it, and brought it out to the hotel lobby where he was waiting for me and a few other people. He gave me a hug then, and it was like instant chemistry.

The rest is history...

that's a really cool story :)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

QUOTEThanks for the reply Alison....funnily enough, it was after I posted after you in the 'person above me' thread that brought this up in my head again. I'm quite curious (and if I'm too nosey just tell me to stfu, lol) as to why you targeted Montana and Wyoming. What was it about those places that made you think that you'd find your soulmate only there? Obviously you were right, hah, but what are the characteristics of ppl there that attracted you? Or was it on a lark that you decided to look?END QUOTE

I only targeted Wyoming and Montana because a friend said she had a feeling I'd meet my soulmate there. She said there were lots of interesting, well-read men who'd moved to those states from somewhere else because they liked the space and the outdoors and she thought this kind of person might be my type. Never really expected to find someone, but my motto at the time was 'why not'... Funny thing was that he was the only one I wrote to and that within three weeks of emailing and phoning we were already saying that we thought we had found 'The One'. Seems miraculous. I love our story! (L)

Alison (F)

April A friend told me that she thought my ideal man lived in Wyoming or Montana.

May 17 Did search on match.com. Found no-one in Wyoming. Only wrote to one person in Montana...his name was John. He replied two hours later.

Jun 26 Flew to Missoula to meet him & a weekend trip turned into a five week visit...

Many trips between US, Canada & Europe.

March 31 During a meeting in Vancouver, John proposed & I said YES!!!

Jun 2 Finally sent off our I-129F & a few days later we received NOA1. I am now officially an alien bride-to-be.

Aug 22 Email notification of NOA2.

Sep 12 Received letter to say application would be forwarded to US Embassy.

Nov 23 Returned packet 3 to Embassy

Nov 30 Medical

Jan 5 Got interview date

Feb 1 Interview. APPROVED!

Feb 2 Visa delivered.

Feb 7 Flight to Seattle.

Feb 8 Finally back home in Missoula, MT. I'm happy, John's happy & the cats are ecstatic - together again!

Apr 22 Wedding Day!

May 6 Sent AOS application

May 7 Honeymoon

May 23 NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP

Jun 12 Biometrics

Jun 15 RFE for AOS mailed

Jun 20 RFE received

Aug 16 RFE reply sent

Aug 31 AP approved!

Sep 5 EAD approved

Sep 8 AP received

Nov 13 Interview letter

Dec 14 Interview. Success!

Dec 26 Got green card!

Oct 08 I-751 to remove conditions sent to CSC

Oct 14 NOA

Nov 21 Biometrics

Jan 7 Approval notice

Jan 12 Received greencard

Met my wife while i was working in India, a friend of mine whose india invited me to his brother's wedding, It was a very cultural Brahmain wedding, a week ceremony but I went there for the week end part of it only, as the engagement takes place on Friday night and the wedding on Saturday. That was that 1st time i attended an Hindu wedding celebration, I wore the cultural wear for the occasion which call a Dhoti, and the Kupta. Most of the people there i got along very well with, and my friend mentioned that i am very knowledgeable about the culture as such I would fit perfectly here, and being a single guy,

It was an arranged marriage, where the family made the decision, so we were just joking about it, took a few pictures, then a few days later I started to received notice from this Matrimonial site called Shaadi.com, l

thought it was junk mail so i kept deleting them, but it was strange my friends keep asking me any news, any news so i didn't know what they were talking about. So out of curiosity one time i click on the link, Little did i know when i CLICK, it took me to my PROFILE page, created by a friend, what started as a JOKE and the rest is history, now happily married with my sweetheart for 1 1/2 year.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I met online. :D

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Lai and I met on the Internet....actually it was a Christian dating site :o:P Both of us were at the point where we were seriously seeking a spouse, so from the start our conversations were centered around determining whether we were right for each other. We concluded we were after a month filled with tons of emails, messages, and phone calls. We then made plans for me to see her in Hong Kong five months from then. I proposed on the six-month "lunaversary" of our first contact :blush: I had already learned a little about the K-1 process, because someone on another dating site's forums had told about her international relationship. So I did a web search and found a fiancee immigration attorney...didn't know about VJ at the time, or I might have done the whole process on my own, and saved the attorney fees. I wasn't intentionally searching for someone from another country, just someone with the same faith, values, and general worldview as me. Lai wasn't necessarily seeking someone from another country either, though she did have a preference for Caucasian men. It all worked great for us; we have been married 20 months now :dance:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Met my wife while i was working in India, a friend of mine whose india invited me to his brother's wedding, It was a very cultural Brahmain wedding, a week ceremony but I went there for the week end part of it only, as the engagement takes place on Friday night and the wedding on Saturday. That was that 1st time i attended an Hindu wedding celebration, I wore the cultural wear for the occasion which call a Dhoti, and the Kupta. Most of the people there i got along very well with, and my friend mentioned that i am very knowledgeable about the culture as such I would fit perfectly here, and being a single guy,

It was an arranged marriage, where the family made the decision, so we were just joking about it, took a few pictures, then a few days later I started to received notice from this Matrimonial site called Shaadi.com, l

thought it was junk mail so i kept deleting them, but it was strange my friends keep asking me any news, any news so i didn't know what they were talking about. So out of curiosity one time i click on the link, Little did i know when i CLICK, it took me to my PROFILE page, created by a friend, what started as a JOKE and the rest is history, now happily married with my sweetheart for 1 1/2 year.

Sounds kind of like the movie "Bride and Prejudice". :D If you haven't seen it, you should! American guy on business in India...invited by a friend to go to an Indian wedding... :whistle:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I liked that film too. Had ####### reviews but I thought it was fun.

April A friend told me that she thought my ideal man lived in Wyoming or Montana.

May 17 Did search on match.com. Found no-one in Wyoming. Only wrote to one person in Montana...his name was John. He replied two hours later.

Jun 26 Flew to Missoula to meet him & a weekend trip turned into a five week visit...

Many trips between US, Canada & Europe.

March 31 During a meeting in Vancouver, John proposed & I said YES!!!

Jun 2 Finally sent off our I-129F & a few days later we received NOA1. I am now officially an alien bride-to-be.

Aug 22 Email notification of NOA2.

Sep 12 Received letter to say application would be forwarded to US Embassy.

Nov 23 Returned packet 3 to Embassy

Nov 30 Medical

Jan 5 Got interview date

Feb 1 Interview. APPROVED!

Feb 2 Visa delivered.

Feb 7 Flight to Seattle.

Feb 8 Finally back home in Missoula, MT. I'm happy, John's happy & the cats are ecstatic - together again!

Apr 22 Wedding Day!

May 6 Sent AOS application

May 7 Honeymoon

May 23 NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP

Jun 12 Biometrics

Jun 15 RFE for AOS mailed

Jun 20 RFE received

Aug 16 RFE reply sent

Aug 31 AP approved!

Sep 5 EAD approved

Sep 8 AP received

Nov 13 Interview letter

Dec 14 Interview. Success!

Dec 26 Got green card!

Oct 08 I-751 to remove conditions sent to CSC

Oct 14 NOA

Nov 21 Biometrics

Jan 7 Approval notice

Jan 12 Received greencard

I've seen that movie, it was kinda fun, specially the guy trying to figure out the dancing part, fixing the light bulb and petting the dog then you'll get the dance move. Whenever i am overseas i like to do locals stuff not just the tourist things, otherwise you'll miss out on the real country, Indian wedding is very elaborate, the couple working around the fire, the blessings by the parents, in a way south indian wedding is different, i guess it all depends on the caste, maybe each will follow certain rites, LOL, never thought about it, little similarity the main different I wasn't just visiting i was working there for a while in Chennai. South India is very much different than bowllywood, mumbai north india, i've been there several times prior it's pretty nice next time you go to india with sujet try to attend an indian wedding or and don't miss sightseeing to Kerala do the backwaters, whatever pastime you like you will find it there.

Edited by Nikita2Charles

Gone but not Forgotten!

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My fiance and I met on christianchat..needed a prayer parthner and it seem that day we had more non christiancs then usely on the website saw his screen name and thought for sure he is a christian..So gave him over a 60 questions to answer before I asked him to pray with me... anyways we some how found ourselves looking more and more forwards towards our internet talking...running to the computer jumping on and waiting for his id to pop up but, kept saying to myself I am not in love... Emailing each other when we are getting on the internet but, still claiming not in love..anyways through imaginary water fights and pillow fights we fell madly in love... hehe on december 26th 2004 we started dating and well the rest is history! We have now celebrated our one year of being engaged loving every minute of being in love with him! HE is my WORLD! :dance:

so I think a lot of people have met through computer PRAISE THE LORD I have internet!

Jatin & Christina

15 Sep 07- Met on Internet at ChristianChat

27 Apr 2005- Met Face to face first time in India

27 Aug 2005- Got Engaged with my darling Jatin

27 Mar 2006- Filed I-129F Petition form sent to USCIS in California

24 Jul 2006-Recieved I-797 NOA Approval

10 Aug 2006- Recieved Packet-3

14 Aug 2006- Received Passport Clearance Certificate

24 Aug 2006- Recieved Birth Non-Availability Certificate from MNC,Agra & Police Certificate

30 Aug 2006- Handover DS-230 Part-1 with Checklist to US Embassy,New Delhi

08 Sept 2006- Recieved Packet 4 with Interview Appointment Letter

18 Sept 2006- In New Delhi for Medical Test

25 Sept 2006- Recieved Medical Report

28 Sept 2006- Handover I-129F form & documents to VFS Office,New Delhi

12 Oct 2006- Interview Time

12 Oct 2006- Interivew awesome,Embassy holded my Visa due to unable to show the I-134 Affidavit of Support

19 Oct 2006- Handed Over the I-134 Affidavit of Support to VFS Office,New Delhi

01 Nov 2006- Visa been Issued wooohooooo

14 Nov 2006- Recieved Passport with K1 Visa and a Sealed Envelope

23 Nov 2006- POE Chicago..way easy..asked easy questions, boarded the flight for Phoenix to meet me lol!!

07 Dec 2006- Applied for SSN

21 Dec 2006- Recieved the SSN

16 Dec 2006- Got Married with my Jatin woooohoooooo!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow .. so many people met online ! Scott and i met online .. for the first time in a Yahoo! computer help room :P We chatted for about 2 years after that in an IRC Linux channel before we ever talked about meeting .. we knew everything there was to know about each other by then, but we were only friends ! I had no idea he was interested @ all .. until he sent me flowers for my birthday :blush: The card gave little away ( someone might be thinking about you ) He drove here in the middle of the winter a few months after the flowers ( 2700 miles ) with his daughter and they stayed for a month. It wasn't until after we were face to face that he told me all he had been feeling. In some ways i wish i had known before .. but in others i love that he would never have expected me to have an online relationship. It had to be 100% or it would never have been. I was in love .. and it was too late to think oh no he's not Canadian! We visited back n forth for about 14 months ......... and then the ring ! He asked me to marry him @ one of our Fav. restaurants in DC and we started our Visa process about a month later ( Who would have known it would be so much work ) The hardest part is almost over ! In 4 sleeps he will be here to come to the interview with me. Almost 2 years since we met i can finally see then end of being apart constantly :dance:

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

Rick and I met online in October 1999...almost 7 years ago now...lol. Man, it's gone by so fast you wouldn't believe it. :blink:

We were both still married, albeit very unhappily so and had stayed in the marriage for the children only. We both had unfaithful spouses who had degraded and humiliated us to the point that we believed nobody else would even want us. So just looking for a laugh, we found ourselves in the same Yahoo chatroom one night called "Married and Flirting". :blush: Rick messaged me first with the words "How hot are you?" because I had stupidly chosen the chat name (in ALL innocence I swear :yes: ) for myself of "hotat40_1999" Well! I was totally pissed and proceeded to give him sh!t about it, explaining that I was a redhead thus a "hot" head and I was "40" years old and it was the year 1999, and just who the hell did he think he was messaging me with a message like that!? :lol: He let me rant and when I was done he said "Ok, guess I deserved that." We struck up a great friendship, this country boy who lived in the middle of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia and the big city girl who was in Montreal, Quebec Canada. We became really good friends, even trying to help the other see their marriages from the other spouse's point of view and attempted to help save our respective marriages....for what little it accomplished. And then one day, after we had been chatting for around 6 months, it was late in the afternoon and I was doing some housework when something suddenly dawned on me - I hadn't stopped thinking about Rick, the whole day he'd been in my thoughts. :whistle: A bell went off in my head, then and I realized that I'd fallen for him. Someone who I'd never even met face to face who lived in another country and who was completely opposite to every other man I'd ever been attracted to hahaha. Sooooooooo....I broke the news to him gently, expecting to never hear from him again, when much to my surprise he told me he had known for months already that he was in love with me but never thought I'd give him even the light of day.

To make a very long story short, I've been giving him the light of day ever SINCE that day. :whistle:

I thank God for the internet every single day. Even now, the internet is special to me. Not only because I met the man of my dreams thru it but now that I live in the US, it's my lifeline to back home, my 2 oldest kids and my old friends and family. (L)

** Oh! That was my SEVENTH HEART post! Woooo hoooo! Seven thousand....I'm not addicted hahaha. Much.

Edited by Sharon

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Rick and I met online in October 1999...almost 7 years ago now...lol. Man, it's gone by so fast you wouldn't believe it. :blink:

We were both still married, albeit very unhappily so and had stayed in the marriage for the children only. We both had unfaithful spouses who had degraded and humiliated us to the point that we believed nobody else would even want us. So just looking for a laugh, we found ourselves in the same Yahoo chatroom one night called "Married and Flirting". :blush: Rick messaged me first with the words "How hot are you?" because I had stupidly chosen the chat name (in ALL innocence I swear :yes: ) for myself of "hotat40_1999" Well! I was totally pissed and proceeded to give him sh!t about it, explaining that I was a redhead thus a "hot" head and I was "40" years old and it was the year 1999, and just who the hell did he think he was messaging me with a message like that!? :lol: He let me rant and when I was done he said "Ok, guess I deserved that." We struck up a great friendship, this country boy who lived in the middle of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia and the big city girl who was in Montreal, Quebec Canada. We became really good friends, even trying to help the other see their marriages from the other spouse's point of view and attempted to help save our respective marriages....for what little it accomplished. And then one day, after we had been chatting for around 6 months, it was late in the afternoon and I was doing some housework when something suddenly dawned on me - I hadn't stopped thinking about Rick, the whole day he'd been in my thoughts. :whistle: A bell went off in my head, then and I realized that I'd fallen for him. Someone who I'd never even met face to face who lived in another country and who was completely opposite to every other man I'd ever been attracted to hahaha. Sooooooooo....I broke the news to him gently, expecting to never hear from him again, when much to my surprise he told me he had known for months already that he was in love with me but never thought I'd give him even the light of day.

To make a very long story short, I've been giving him the light of day ever SINCE that day. :whistle:

I thank God for the internet every single day. Even now, the internet is special to me. Not only because I met the man of my dreams thru it but now that I live in the US, it's my lifeline to back home, my 2 oldest kids and my old friends and family. (L)

** Oh! That was my SEVENTH HEART post! Woooo hoooo! Seven thousand....I'm not addicted hahaha. Much.

:thumbs: congrats sister sharon on 7000..nice story too

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835