perdesi

N-400 - March 2009 Applicants

695 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Also, thanks for providing encouraging support to all of us Marchers. Hoping you have an enjoyable and memorable oath ceremony. :star:

Sheryll, thank you for your precious assistance, you're a gem;)

@ Ij 1999, in fact your spouse can go with you and wait in the first floor area but can't go to the 2nd floor where the interview takes place. He just waited outside because the place was packed (It's where infopass appointments are handled) so maybe on your date, it'll be possible to wait inside?

@ Bianca, yeah, I did make up for the wait for the IL by getting a close oath ceremony, at least one advantage of being in NYC B) hope you have a great ceremony as well. Are you taking your little angel?

Congratulation.

I am very happy for you

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My 6 questions:

Who's in charge of the executive branch?

If the president can no longer serve, who becomes president?

There are 4 amendments to the Right to vote. Describe one of them.

What's one reason the colonists came to the US?

What's one right of the first amendment?

During the Cold War, what was the main concern of the US?

You had the same questions I did, maybe it's a July pick LOL!

Congrats again and even through we are done now... we can always drop in now and then I guess!

also congrats rajthebam!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Everyone else who has their interview soon, good luck!!!!

Mailed N-400 March 6th via priority certified mail and Rec'd 9th (confirmation by USPS)

NOA rec'd: 3/19/2009 (date 3/16/2009, priority 3/9/2009)

Biometrics rec'd 3/26/2009, appt 4/9/2009

IL: 5/22/09

ID: 07/06/2009

Oath: 07/16/2009

SSN updated: 7/16/2009 (not received yet)

Passport rec'd: 8/15/2009(nat. certif not rec'd yet)

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Dr.queendlee!! Thanks for the support! Really appreciated:) Congrats Tracy & Tarik on the oath date.

Thank you! Congratulations on your interview (1000 Mabrouk sister!) Last step and we're done with USCIS!!

Good luck for all March filers!!!

N-400

Sent March 18, 2009

Rec'd at AZ lockbox March 19, 2009 signed by Morihsey (sp?)

NOA sent to us March 26, 2009

Check cashed March 27, 2009 (showed in bank March 30, 2009)

NOA Rec'd on March 30, 2009

FP Letter rec'd April 6, 2009

Biometrics Appt April 18, 2009

Interview letter received April/29/09

Interview appt june/05/09 passed

Oath 08/07/09

Submit passport Application 8/7/2009

Passport received 8/14/2009

MOTHER'S IR5

I-130 Petition Mailed 03/09/2011

Check cashed 03/16/2011

NOA1 Received 03/18/2011

NOA2 Received 06/19/2011

NVC Assigned case number 07/08/2011

DS3032 Emailed 07/08/2011

AOS Fee paid online 07/11/2011

AOS fee showed paid, AOS packet mailed 07/13/2011

DS-3032 receipt confirmed by NVC through email 07/13/2011

AOS packet delivered, signed for by N Visa 07/14/2011

IV Fee bill generated- Available online 07/21/2011

IV Fee Bill Paid online 07/21/2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Congratulations Tini27,

I see you learned from me and were prepared with all that 2006 bills!

I had my oath today

in Manhattan at 500 Pearl Street, right next to Federal Plaza.

To cell phones and cameras were allowed in the building, so I have no pictures :(

The whole process started at 9 and we left just before noon, most of that was waiting

they started with just seating us, then they colected our green cards, employment cards and the letter

The letter has to be signed at the place of your oath and at the oath date!

Then we waited for the judge until 11.20, said the oath, heard a speach and got our certificates with a handshake from the judge

lots of waiting, good that I brought a book with me.

Right after the ceremony I wen to apply for passport

and had to give away my brand new naturalization certificate

for a few weeks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Congrats Krysia!!! you won't have to deal with Uscis ever, what a relief!!

Enjoy your citizenship! :star:

animated_us_flag.gifN-400 TIMELINE / NYC District Office

03/10/09--------SENT

03/16/09--------NOA priority date

03/24/09--------NOA DATE

04/01/09--------FP notice date

04/14/09--------FP DATE

06/01/09--------IL notice date

07/23/09--------IL DATE -----APPROVED

08/04/09--------Oath --------US CITIZEN

08/04/09--------Applied for passport

08/14/09--------Received passport

Timeline

Help!!!! I woke up today to this email from USCIS:

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

On July 23, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, call 1-800-375-5283 to update your address.

What does this mean? Can they ask for RFE after handing me the oath letter? Why didn't he ask me for more docs on the spot? Any ideas? Pls let me know what you think, going crazy here!

03/10/09--------SENT

03/24/09--------NOA DATE

04/14/09--------FP DATE

Timeline
I know yhis may sound stupid,

but maybe somebody just pressed the wrong button in the system?

Wow, that would be great!! I keep trying to figure out what they want but guess I'll have the answer monday. If there's nothng in the mail, I'll give them a call and schedule an infopass. Thanks for the support krysia!

03/10/09--------SENT

03/24/09--------NOA DATE

04/14/09--------FP DATE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, that would be great!! I keep trying to figure out what they want but guess I'll have the answer monday. If there's nothng in the mail, I'll give them a call and schedule an infopass. Thanks for the support krysia!

I would agree with Krysia, USCIS never sends any actual, real updates..people with approved cases dont ever see it updated so its unlikely that an RFE was issued and you got the notice for it already.

Besides, you are done.

Timeline
Help!!!! I woke up today to this email from USCIS:

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Sent

I am hoping that just a mistake

Mailed N-400 March 6th via priority certified mail and Rec'd 9th (confirmation by USPS)

Tini27, RFE letter is A ok. most cases get that. i got it too :). just give them what they need and it all should be just fine! when you go to your 2nd meeting they will review the requested items and if all is fine you will get an Oath date on the spot. tell them you want to wait for the Oath letter :)

good luck

It is a mistake. After my interview the IO told me to wait for a decision. 2 days latter I saw the RFE in USCIS case status. Since then I was looking for the letter in mail box. At last I took a INFOPASS, the officer talked to the IO who interviewed me and told me that they have not made a decision and I have to wait. I asked about the RFE online status, he said that was a MISTAKE.........

DON'T TRUST online status.

Timeline

Thank you all for your input. I called USCIS and asked to speak to a second level officer, a surreal conversation followed, he looked up my file and said he saw nothing. I asked about the email received, he said what did it ask for? I said I dont know, I haven't received the written notice, he asked: when do you think you'll receive it, I said I don't know, you guys sent it out, no? He says: I can't say anything, we have to wait for the actual letter. I said there must be a trace of this letter, could you let me know what's missing in the file? No, we have to wait for the letter. Ok, so there IS a letter that has been mailed? I did not say that, he answers. So I say, if I do not receive anything in the next 2 days, can I assume it's a mistake and go to my oath ceremony? Yes, you can, if you do not receive anything in the next 2 weeks. But my oath ceremony is on Tuesday? Oh, in that case, you should receive it before. Then I ask, can the online system make a mistake? can it send a notice to someone else? or just show a wrong status. He said the email may have been destined to someone else. He did not want to comment at all on the online status thing. My feeling is that the online status messes up more than it should and that they want to say. Please do not trust it. If I hadn't subscribed to their emails, I would've never known about this "phantom" notice. In any case, I'm gonna pray not to receive anything in the mail this week ( a complete reversal of the beginning of the journey :) ) and head to my OC tuesday. I will keep you all posted. Thanks again for all the advice and kind words.

Edited by Tini27

03/10/09--------SENT

03/24/09--------NOA DATE

04/14/09--------FP DATE

Timeline

Tini... enjoy your oath today!!! It's been a long time coming! your deserve it!

Timeline
Tini... enjoy your oath today!!! It's been a long time coming! your deserve it!

Yahoo!!! I'm a USC!!! After a stressing week , I'm finally American (there was no mention of the RFE email I received after the interview so I guess it was a clerical error) The oath was at 8:30 at Cadman Plaza. I was late because we headed for Cadman Plaza without checking if it was East or West and of course went a long way in the wrong direction. This part of downtown Brooklyn is huge, the blocks are really large, by the time we made it to the courthouse, it was 9am. The room was packed but 5 people arrived after me. We were told to fill in the form, have the GC ready and wait to be called to the front table row by row. Once you get there, they take your GC (has a little pang of sadness when we parted :( ) and check that all questions were answered on the form then have your check the naturalization certificate for any errors. Then, you basically wait for the judge to come to administer the oath, in between, small speech from someone from the NYC human rights commission, and the people from voters' registration. At 11:00, the judge comes swirling in her robe and we all rise for the oath. Really only nice moment as we were all connected somehow. at 11:10 after a very short speech, the judge goes swirling out and they start calling row by row again to hand the certificates. 11;30: the whole thing ended. I was happy, relieved and emotional:) However, no one in there was cos it just looked like a regular administrative office, only difference, the 2 US flags and elevated table. I felt like I was at social security or something, I guess it did take a little out of the solemn event, a lot of people who had been sworn in at the courthouse before said the place was beautiful and you really felt that it was a great occasion. I'm sure they were renovating or something because I've never heard of an expedient ceremony like today's, no emotion, no flags, no videos, no letter from Obama, no pictures, no videos, no cell phones, no family, just a cold administrative procedure. Please don't get me wrong, I'm very happy and proud but would've wanted a liitle more meaning for today's event. When I came out, my husband ad sister were waiting for me, they had been directed to the 3rd floor cafeteria where they waited for me, they said everybody there was sleeping because the wait was long;) Sorry for the detailed report but I know this may be useful to some people taking their oaths in Brooklyn soon. So,no cell phones or cameras are allowed in the entire building and the family is not allowed at all in the room, you just meet them outside when it's finished. We had a lunch celebration then headed to the post office for the passport. It felt a little strange to have no GC and no certificate but I'm so happy to be getting my passport soon.

Thank you, thank you, to my March friends and everybody on this forum, you made this journey worthwhile and I'm forever grateful for your support. I'll be checking in at least to give back to this community. Thank you VJ for being such a useful site, thank you for letting us learn, vent and rant :thumbs:

Good luck to all the upcoming interviews and oaths, may the whole list turn to red very soon.

:dance: Dr. queendlee, thanks for your wishes, you've been an incredible ally, kudos to you and all the best on your journey as a USC. :dance:

03/10/09--------SENT

03/24/09--------NOA DATE

04/14/09--------FP DATE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.