windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
i have question on DS 156 number 36. Has Anyone Ever Filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf?

I am the beneficiary ...should i say Yes to that question?

thank you very much.

I asked the same question and was told that the answer to question 36 should be 'yes' because of the current petition in progress.

I am back to little confusion now :(

If Someone has filed that visa petition on my behalf...that's my fiance/petitioner right? so i'll put it yes then. i hope i still get more enlightenment. thank you Robor

~*God Speed*~

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

The answer is "NO". They are asking if anyone has previously filed a petition for you...other than the current petition.

Jazzy

i have question on DS 156 number 36. Has Anyone Ever Filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf?

thank you very much.

I asked the same question and was told that the answer to question 36 should be 'yes' because of the current petition in progress.

If Someone has filed that visa petition on my behalf...that's my fiance/petitioner right? so i'll put it yes then. i hope i still get more enlightenment. thank you Robor

4-26-06 Married Cebu, Philippines

I-130 (wife & step daughter)

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-20-06 Noa#1 (notice date)

5-25-06 Noa#1 (mail recieved)

5-31-06 (touched)

7-12-06 (touched) received email....cases transfered to CSC

7-13-06 (touched)

7-17-06 received NOA in mail (transfer notice)

7-19-06 CSC received petitions

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-03-06 APPROVED (via email)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

8-08-06 received NOA#2 in mail(sent to NVC)

NVC

8-17-06 NVC received and assigned case #s

8-28-06 ds-3032 and aos bill generated (sent out same day)

9-06-06 ds-3032 accepted (email) - resent for cr-2

9-18-06 IV bills received and express mailed

9-20-06 received AOS in mail

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-23-06 (touched)...weird

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

9-30-06 ds-230 received in mail

10-3-06 ds-230 mailed to nvc

10-17-06 CASE COMPLETE!!!

12-26-06 Case sent to manila

12-30-06 Rececieved Packet 4

2-01-07 St. Lukes complete

2-8-07 INTERVIEW!!!!!! AR-need to submit photos of step daughter

2-10-07 Mailed photos to embassy

2-13-07 Photos arrive at embassy

2-21-07 Photos made it out of mail room to case worker!!

3-07-07 Delbros text...VISAS released from embassy

3-09-07 VISAS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

3-29-07 Arrived in Newark (POE)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
My honey is at St. Lukes right now for his medical..He got there at 4:30AM and he just finished his Xray as of this post..It's a long wait :clock: but it's a step closer for us to be together..Our interview is on the 16th :)

Hope everything will run out smoothly, Goodluck!

Hi,

The answer is "NO". They are asking if anyone has previously filed a petition for you...other than the current petition.

Jazzy

thank you very much.

In my situation, my husband filed K1 for me before and we are again on K3 now, so does it mean i will answer "yes"? Isn't K1 a non-immigrant visa? I'm really confused with this. I hope someone can help me.

009.gif

Hi everyone!

I would like to give my "BEST OF LUCK" to sis PW for her upcoming medical & interview this month, finally .... the long waited period will be getting a result soon. also ..... :thumbs:

Have a nice trip to ATE LUCY & her son .... as I've remember to our last chat over the phone, their going to fly to IL tonight of April 2nd. Kuya Gary is at the arrival area already & waiting :yes::dance:

Congrats to all who got passed their medical/interview and received their packet or visa delivery. Good Luck who are just starting the process. B)

God Bless to all!!! (F)

-rebelheart-

Thanks rebelheart! Your a few days early though. She leaves on friday. From this moment she will be here in 4 days 9 hours and 10 minutes! (but who is really counting!! :P ) She moved her family out of the townhouse I was renting for her to a smaller apartment. Her DSL and Vonage was disconnected last week and she said that she will be selling her cell phone today. So keeping in touch has been rather hard. She has been chatting with me at an internet cafe but finding one open during Holy Week is hard. She will be leaving for Manila Thursday afternoon her time and her flight leaves 8 AM on friday her time. It's been a long wait and now it's almost over!!! It will be so nice to have Luz and Robin with me. I will finally have my family!! Yeah!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I have a question for someone that has already arrived in the USA from PI. When she fills out her customs card does she need to list her personal possesions on the back? All of it is used and not branded. Since it is exempt I know she can say "nothing to declare" but I don't know if the stuff has to be listed.

Hi,

Jazzy

thank you very much.

In my situation, my husband filed K1 for me before and we are again on K3 now, so does it mean i will answer "yes"? Isn't K1 a non-immigrant visa? I'm really confused with this. I hope someone can help me.

If someone has filed for a K-1 or K-3 for you before the answer is yes. This does not count the current petition. But if anyone has filed a K type visa for you in the past you must answer yes.

Edited by Iniibig ko si Luz forever

Thanks Skeeter and Gracy_Byron for the good luck :star: .We're glad that he's almost finished with the medical.He came there at 4:30AM and left around 1:00PM.It was indeed a very long day for my Honey.They had to retake his BP coz it was a little high the first time they took it :no: .Other than that,we're hoping that everything else went OK..We'll find out tomorrow when he comes back for the results and I'm sure that it'll be heck of a lot easier compared to what he had to do today :) ..

Thanks everyone for all your help (L)(F)

October 1996-We met during college days.

April 24, '97-Started our relationship.

June '97-Kayz migrated to US

April '99-June '99 - Kayz trip to Philippines.

February-March '06 - Kayz 2nd trip

September-October '06 - Kayz 3rd trip

October 2006- Engaged!!

November 14, 2006 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 16, '06 - NOA-1

December 14, '06 - Touched 3 times and it's APPROVED !

December 20, '06 - NVC received.Case# MNL2006854XXX

December 27, '06 - Manila Embassy received

February 26,'07 - Packet 4

APRIL 2-3, '07 - Medical

APRIL 13, '07 - Kayz 4th trip to

APRIL 16, 2007 - INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!

April 25, '07 - CFO Seminar

May 1, '07 - Flight to USA together,POE-LAX

May 7, 2007 - Wedding!

June 8, 2007 - AOS/EAD sent

June 11, '07 - Received at Chicago

June 15, '07 - NOA's

June 20, '07 - Touched (AOS/EAD)

June 29, '07 - Touched (EAD)

July 13, '07 - Biometrics

July 16, 17, '07 - Touched (AOS)

July 24, 2007 - AOS Transferred to CSC

July 28,30,31 '07 - Touched (AOS)

August 17,19 '07 -Touched (AOS)

August 28, 2007 - EAD card received

September 10, 2007 - GC received exp. date 9/4/09

July 8, 2009 - I-751 Sent to VSC

July 10, 2009 - VSC received

July 16, 2009 - Check Cashed

July 17, 2009 - Biometrics Letter (8/8/2009)

August 8, 2009 - Biometrics done

November 21, 2009 - Approval Letter received dated 11/17

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone!

I would like to give my "BEST OF LUCK" to sis PW for her upcoming medical & interview this month, finally .... the long waited period will be getting a result soon. also ..... :thumbs:

Have a nice trip to ATE LUCY & her son .... as I've remember to our last chat over the phone, their going to fly to IL tonight of April 2nd. Kuya Gary is at the arrival area already & waiting :yes::dance:

Congrats to all who got passed their medical/interview and received their packet or visa delivery. Good Luck who are just starting the process. B)

God Bless to all!!! (F)

-rebelheart-

Thanks rebelheart! Your a few days early though. She leaves on friday. From this moment she will be here in 4 days 9 hours and 10 minutes! (but who is really counting!! :P ) She moved her family out of the townhouse I was renting for her to a smaller apartment. Her DSL and Vonage was disconnected last week and she said that she will be selling her cell phone today. So keeping in touch has been rather hard. She has been chatting with me at an internet cafe but finding one open during Holy Week is hard. She will be leaving for Manila Thursday afternoon her time and her flight leaves 8 AM on friday her time. It's been a long wait and now it's almost over!!! It will be so nice to have Luz and Robin with me. I will finally have my family!! Yeah!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I have a question for someone that has already arrived in the USA from PI. When she fills out her customs card does she need to list her personal possesions on the back? All of it is used and not branded. Since it is exempt I know she can say "nothing to declare" but I don't know if the stuff has to be listed.

Gary, my wife came here in February and she did not have to list anything or declare. They are looking for "big ticket items , cigarettes, alcohol, money, jewels, etc." No need to declare or list anything.

Hi everyone!

God Bless to all!!! (F)

-rebelheart-

Thanks rebelheart! Your a few days early though. She leaves on friday. From this moment she will be here in 4 days 9 hours and 10 minutes! (but who is really counting!! :P ) She moved her family out of the townhouse I was renting for her to a smaller apartment. Her DSL and Vonage was disconnected last week and she said that she will be selling her cell phone today. So keeping in touch has been rather hard. She has been chatting with me at an internet cafe but finding one open during Holy Week is hard. She will be leaving for Manila Thursday afternoon her time and her flight leaves 8 AM on friday her time. It's been a long wait and now it's almost over!!! It will be so nice to have Luz and Robin with me. I will finally have my family!! Yeah!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

:blush: my mistake kuya Gary, hehehe ... I'm excited as well :thumbs: I know its hard to keep in touch with her now so i tried sending short note in her email account. hmmm :huh: still 4 days ... well "ADVANCE WELCOME TO ATE LUCY & ROBIN!!! YYYEEEHHHHEEYYY!!! :dance::dance::dance:

I didnt' declare anything too, like Glenn&Rosemarie mentioned. She will be good in POE kuya!! :thumbs:

god bless!

-rebelheart-

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

I just got off work. I work half a day tomorrow then I fly out wednesday morning to see Lira :dance::dance::dance:

Sorry, I can't contain the excitement :blush:

Timeline
Hi,

Jazzy

thank you very much.

There's another thread on this subject

Seems if you're a K-1 the answer is :no: and if you're a K-3 or CR-1/IR-1 it is :yes:

So in our case it's a Yes but in imaskin's case it's a No. :)

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Timeline
I just got off work. I work half a day tomorrow then I fly out wednesday morning to see Lira :dance::dance::dance:

Sorry, I can't contain the excitement :blush:

Excellent! :thumbs:

Enjoy that Philippines heat! :P My wife who is very tolerant of the hot weather is complaining about how warm it is. I'm going in less than 6 weeks. Please :help:

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Hi,

Jazzy

thank you very much.

There's another thread on this subject

Seems if you're a K-1 the answer is :no: and if you're a K-3 or CR-1/IR-1 it is :yes:

So in our case it's a Yes but in imaskin's case it's a No. :)

There seems to be some disagreement on this then. Luz had a prior K-1 (no visa issued) and my lawyer and the DOS said to mark yes under the question of a prior immigrant visa application. (which we did) Maybe imaskin should call the embassy and ask just to be sure.

Edited by Iniibig ko si Luz forever

Hi guys and gals,

I'm still not able to access VJ from my office computer so I can't read and post much. I'm at an internet cafe right now so I can say hi to all of you and to say that I will update the list when I get hold of the computer at home (have to compete with a bunch of nephews and nieces!!!)

Congrats AlanlvsJudy and good luck to all who are going to their interview this week.

Will try to post tonight. Bye-bye for now...

PW

Hi friends,

I just thought I'd check in with an update as well as congratulate all those that have gotten interviews, visas, about to come to USA ro already here, etc, you all know who you are.

Fely and I are moving along at the NVC. I'm currently waiting for her to send me her DS-230 and other documents so that I can forward them on to the NVC and we can finish our case there. I've told her to look for a Fedex office, but she just says she'll go to Iba later this week and find an international shipper. If anyone has any suggestions on how she should go about shipping to me quickly I'd accept any help. Next week she plans to go to Manila to take her CFO seminar. I tried to tell her she really doesn't need to do it yet, but she seems to want to get it out of the way as well as get her passport name changed. After that she has a job turning beds at a resort for a month.

Well that's where we are. Later everyone.

Gary

View pictures of my April/May trip to the Philippines

View pictures of my Sept trip to the Philippines

Gary (California, USA) filamflag.gif Fely (Zambales, Philippines)

09-11-06 Married

10-12-06 I-130 Mailed Priority

10-14-06 Delivered to CSC

10-16-06 CSC receipt date

10-18-06 NOA1 date

10-19,20,21-06 Touched

12-28,29-06 Touched and very happy about it

12-28-06 NOA2 date

01-15-07 Received at NVC & DS3032 & AOS bill sent

01-20-07 AOS fee bill received

01-30-07 eMailed DS3032 choice of agent

02-05-07 Received email approval for DS3032

02-20-07 Received I-864 package

02-23-07 Received IV fee bill

02-27-07 Paid IV fee

03-12-07 Info packet generated

03-20-07 Mailed I-864 package

03-31-07 Received info packet

04-04-07 RFE mailed by NVC

04-26-07 Mailed RFE response & DS-230 packet to NVC

04-30-07 NVC receives papers

05-10-07 Case complete

05-22-07 Case left NVC

05-24-07 Received pkt 4 in California

06-07-07 Medical Exam

06-28-07 Interview (approved)

06-24-07 - 07-16-07 Gary's trip to Philippines, and I brought Fely home

07-27-07 SSN card received

08-13-08 Green card received

07-10-09 I-751 mailed

08-15-09 Lifting of conditions approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.