r0yalflush

questions reguarding my newborn baby birth certificate

33 posts in this topic

Put your name on the Vietnamese birth certificate. The consular officer WILL ask for it, and I'm pretty sure you will have issues if your name is NOT on the Vietnamese birth certificate!!! Once the birth abroad report is done, it cannot be changed (except in the case of typos).

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Put your name on the Vietnamese birth certificate. The consular officer WILL ask for it, and I'm pretty sure you will have issues if your name is NOT on the Vietnamese birth certificate!!! Once the birth abroad report is done, it cannot be changed (except in the case of typos).

thank you very very much

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Get your fiance to contact the appropriate department and see how long she has to register the birth ... You may have enough time before your next visit ... I know we have a little time in Oz cant say what the deal is in other countries .. I had a quick google but I couldnt find anything but your fiance would have a better idea who to contact ...

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Timeline
Get your fiance to contact the appropriate department and see how long she has to register the birth ... You may have enough time before your next visit ... I know we have a little time in Oz cant say what the deal is in other countries .. I had a quick google but I couldnt find anything but your fiance would have a better idea who to contact ...

i think 2 months, it has been a month already, oh my god

A few months after i files the I-129F, my fiance in Vietnam gave birth to my baby boy. It has been one month since the baby was born. I already booked an appointment for Consular Report of Birth in 2 months. My fiance going to get a Vietnamese birth certificate for my son. The question is, both of the child parent's name can be on his birth certificate. Should i put mine on there too or i shouldn't? I am thinking it's better to put my name on it. Therefore, on the appointment date, they will see that my name is on the child birth certificate as a father. That will be one of the biggest evidence that i am the father. Which will give me more chances that i don't have to take a DNA test. What do you guys think, please help

ps. i have other evidence such as pictures of my fiance and i were together before , during and after she was pregnant. Will all of the stuff i've mentioned good enough not to take a DNA test?

why would you not have your name put on the bc?

:thumbs::blink:

that mean i have to be there in person to add my name on my son's BC

We'll that changes things significantly .... Are you planning on going to Vietnam any time soon? ... Id be checking if you can add your name in at a later date ...

i will be going to Vietnam in about 2 months for my son's Consular Report of Birth Abroad. I don't know if i could add my name on that day or what. Someone please help

You have to put ur name on it as the father of the child at the bc..and it doesnt matter even if the baby is looks like U..if u dnt have enough evidence the baby will ended for a DNA testing...or it depends....hopefully not cuz DNA test is so expensive plus waste of time...

my baby had DNA testing and it cost $754 in AZ..father first in the laboratory in Az then from the lab in Arizona they send the kit to the saint lukes philippines and test my baby and then send the kit back to the AZ,US....

Goodluck!!

Timeline

A few months after i files the I-129F, my fiance in Vietnam gave birth to my baby boy. It has been one month since the baby was born. I already booked an appointment for Consular Report of Birth in 2 months. My fiance going to get a Vietnamese birth certificate for my son. The question is, both of the child parent's name can be on his birth certificate. Should i put mine on there too or i shouldn't? I am thinking it's better to put my name on it. Therefore, on the appointment date, they will see that my name is on the child birth certificate as a father. That will be one of the biggest evidence that i am the father. Which will give me more chances that i don't have to take a DNA test. What do you guys think, please help

ps. i have other evidence such as pictures of my fiance and i were together before , during and after she was pregnant. Will all of the stuff i've mentioned good enough not to take a DNA test?

why would you not have your name put on the bc?

:thumbs::blink:

that mean i have to be there in person to add my name on my son's BC

We'll that changes things significantly .... Are you planning on going to Vietnam any time soon? ... Id be checking if you can add your name in at a later date ...

i will be going to Vietnam in about 2 months for my son's Consular Report of Birth Abroad. I don't know if i could add my name on that day or what. Someone please help

You have to put ur name on it as the father of the child at the bc..and it doesnt matter even if the baby is looks like U..if u dnt have enough evidence the baby will ended for a DNA testing...or it depends....hopefully not cuz DNA test is so expensive plus waste of time...

my baby had DNA testing and it cost $754 in AZ..father first in the laboratory in Az then from the lab in Arizona they send the kit to the saint lukes philippines and test my baby and then send the kit back to the AZ,US....

Goodluck!!

I am very confused and frustrated right now. My I-129F case is currently pending, and i have to get a marriage certificate in order to put my name on the child's Vietnamese birth cer. If i get a marriage cer., that means im married. That will blow my I-129f case.

Timeline
You have to be married to the mother to be considered the father of the baby?

yes, so ridicilous, in order to put my name as a father on my baby's BC, i need to be married to the mother. :blink: that means we have to have a marriage cer.

Well, just googling the Hanoi embassy, you can see that the req's are the original birth certificate and marriage certificate *only* if the couple is married. Since you submitted the I-129F I think it would be a good idea to plead your case the the CO rather than get married just to put your name on the birth certificate (and thus the I-129F goes down the drain...). I'm sure the embassy probably recognizes that this is an issue. You should be prepared for a DNA test.

Timeline
Well, just googling the Hanoi embassy, you can see that the req's are the original birth certificate and marriage certificate *only* if the couple is married. Since you submitted the I-129F I think it would be a good idea to plead your case the the CO rather than get married just to put your name on the birth certificate (and thus the I-129F goes down the drain...). I'm sure the embassy probably recognizes that this is an issue. You should be prepared for a DNA test.

I think there's a way to do this without getting married. That will be the best choice right now, I'll do some research on this. Thank you

Timeline
Because a child's born out of wedlock, so on the BC, father side should be left blank on Vietnamese BC for your child.

Follow this link: http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/report_of_birth_abroad.html

Good luck.

some people were telling me that my name have to be on my child's Vietnamese Bc in order to attend my CRBA's appointment. If they see that my name is not on it as a father, the CO will reject it, which i think its ridicilous. I don't think my name have to be on my child's Vietnamese bc in order to attend the CBRA appointment. Someone please confirm this

Edited by r0yalflush

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
someone please tell me from experience, should i put my name as the father on my baby's Vietnam birth certificate along with mother? or just the mother and the baby, then i can add my name later on the CBRA appointment date?

you have to put ur name on the birth certificate of ur child..in my case i will put my fiance's name on our baby's birth cert..i will give birth this coming march and i ask my OB if i can use my fiance's lastname on our baby's bc,she told me that my fiance need to sign the bc so our baby can use his lastname and to do that i will send the bc to my fiance in US so he can sign it and he will send it back to me and i will be the one who will forward it at our municipality,i just dont know if its different there in ur country..but u have to put ur name on bc of ur baby so when ur fiancee will apply for CRBA it will show that u are the father of the baby,but u just have to provide proofs that they will be needing at the embassy.

Timeline
someone please tell me from experience, should i put my name as the father on my baby's Vietnam birth certificate along with mother? or just the mother and the baby, then i can add my name later on the CBRA appointment date?

you have to put ur name on the birth certificate of ur child..in my case i will put my fiance's name on our baby's birth cert..i will give birth this coming march and i ask my OB if i can use my fiance's lastname on our baby's bc,she told me that my fiance need to sign the bc so our baby can use his lastname and to do that i will send the bc to my fiance in US so he can sign it and he will send it back to me and i will be the one who will forward it at our municipality,i just dont know if its different there in ur country..but u have to put ur name on bc of ur baby so when ur fiancee will apply for CRBA it will show that u are the father of the baby,but u just have to provide proofs that they will be needing at the embassy.

Their law says that i have to be married to my child's mother in order to put my name on my child's BC. I cannot do that because it will blow my pending I-129f case. I don't know what to do. I myself don't think it required my name on the child's BC for the Consular Report of Birth Abroad. You know what's funny? My fiance and I have the same last name. It is very common for Vietnamese people.

Edited by r0yalflush

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.