7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a heads up to all AOS filers. We sent our AOS package in the middle of November, and when we did not get a notice that they had recieved our EAD we began to worry. My husband went to the locas USCIS office prior to the 90 days and told them about the situation and they said they could not do anything. It is now 6 weeks later and he went again because we had still not heard anything. The lady at the office looked up our file and saw that nothing had been entered in the system concerning our EAD and she wrote them an email asking to look at our file and figure out what had happened. It turns out that they completely missed our EAD application, which was at the back of the AOS packet. I had provided them a cover letter stating where in the packet our EAD paperwork was. Make sure that you place the EAD towards the beginning of the packet as it is only one page, and apparently easily missed. Good luck to all!

I used ACCO fasterners and dividers with tabs and labels between sections.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Dominica
Timeline
I used ACCO fasterners and dividers with tabs and labels between sections.

yeah me too...

*10/1/08 Married

*11/14/08 Mailed AOS package

*11/17/08 Package Received

*11/25/08 NOA1

*12/12/08 Biometrics

*12/31/08 Notice for Interview Received

* 1/22/09 EAD Card received

*2/19/09 AOS Interview >>Approved

*2/26/09 Welcome letter received

*3/5/09 Green Card received in the mail!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

paper clips.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Paper clips + cover page with each application

AOS/ROC/Citizenship Timeline

DO - Baltimore

2010/2011

Day 0 - Nov. 29: I-751(ROC) Package Sent

Day 1 - Nov. 30: I-751(ROC) Package Delivered @ VSC

Day 4 - Dec. 03: I-751(ROC) Check Cashed

Day 34 - Jan. 13-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Appointment Letter for 1/31/11

Day 46 - Jan. 31-2011: I-751(ROC) Biometrics Completed

Day 138 - Jun. 09-2011: I-751(ROC) Approval Letter Received

Day 0 - Oct. 26 '11: N400 Package Sent

Day 1 - Oct. 27 '11: N400 Package Delivered @ Lewisville, TX

Day 5 - Oct. 31 '11: N400 NOA-1

Day 34 - Nov. 28 '11: Email: Placed in line for interview

Day 57 - Dec. 22 '11: Received yellow letter

Day 144 - Mar. 17 '12: Received fingerprinting letter

Day 147 - Mar. 20 '12: Biometrics completed

Day 156 - Mar. 29 '12: Email: Interview scheduled, letter in mail

Day 190 - May. 02 '12: Interview Completed, Passed, Oath same day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just a heads up to all AOS filers. We sent our AOS package in the middle of November, and when we did not get a notice that they had recieved our EAD we began to worry. My husband went to the locas USCIS office prior to the 90 days and told them about the situation and they said they could not do anything. It is now 6 weeks later and he went again because we had still not heard anything. The lady at the office looked up our file and saw that nothing had been entered in the system concerning our EAD and she wrote them an email asking to look at our file and figure out what had happened. It turns out that they completely missed our EAD application, which was at the back of the AOS packet. I had provided them a cover letter stating where in the packet our EAD paperwork was. Make sure that you place the EAD towards the beginning of the packet as it is only one page, and apparently easily missed. Good luck to all!

Did you received an NOA1 for your EAD? May be they misplaced it somewhere, hope it's still in your file.

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Filed: Timeline

I used plastic folders with magic tape closure for each one of my application. If they open one folder/ one application, take out the stuff and don't fancy clipping them all back, they can just throw everything back in easily. Not sure if this is the best way but thought may reduce the chance of things getting lost.

Anonymous - NOOOOOT!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.