Han & James

Can anyone help me to estimate time when I get NOA2?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I'm new here, and really want to receive any help from anyone in this forum. Thank you very much in advance. Everyday I look at processing time on this site. And now, processing time at VSC now is Sep 25, 2008. But I wonder that is exact time because it has not been updated in USCIS site. My fiance has applied petition I-129F on last Dec 2008, our case is submitted at VSC, and we got NOA1 on Dec 12, 2008. Can anyone estimate time when we can get NOA2?

Thank you for any explanations very much...

Han & James

12/11/2008: sent petition K-1 at Vermont Service Center

12/12/2008: got NOA1

04/08/2009: got NOA2

04/25/2009: received p3

05/04/2009: submited DS-230 part 1 & DS-2001

06/11/2009: received p4

07/06/2009: interview date at US Consulate in HCMC

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everybody,

I'm new here, and really want to receive any help from anyone in this forum. Thank you very much in advance. Everyday I look at processing time on this site. And now, processing time at VSC now is Sep 25, 2008. But I wonder that is exact time because it has not been updated in USCIS site. My fiance has applied petition I-129F on last Dec 2008, our case is submitted at VSC, and we got NOA1 on Dec 12, 2008. Can anyone estimate time when we can get NOA2?

Han & James

I also filed our petition with VSC in December. I believe, according to their website, anyway, that they are now processing petitions from 9/2008. Several weeks ago, it said they were processing 4/2008, so if that's any indication, they are moving them along. I believe the wait is about 3 to 4 months in general, VSC is overloaded and the USCIS is in the process of adding help to get them caught up. I will post again when I receive NOA2, I hope its sooner than later. Good luck to you.

Fill in your timeline.

VJ will then estimate the date of your NOA 2.

It also helps others because it allows VJ to keep track of approvals and will assist them in estimating when the NOA 2 approval may happen.

VJ timelines are not always accurate. But they tend to be pretty close!

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Hi everybody,

Han & James

You have to have LOTS of patience when waiting for NOA2. Mine took 5 months and 2 days. The USCIS web site was never a good place to check status on. Create your time line here and visajourney has much better tracking and estimates of NOA2.

as others have said, set up your timeline.

We received NOA2 within days of VJ's estimated times.

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Timeline
Hi everybody,

Han & James

I also filed our petition with VSC in December. I believe, according to their website, anyway, that they are now processing petitions from 9/2008. Several weeks ago, it said they were processing 4/2008, so if that's any indication, they are moving them along. I believe the wait is about 3 to 4 months in general, VSC is overloaded and the USCIS is in the process of adding help to get them caught up. I will post again when I receive NOA2, I hope its sooner than later. Good luck to you.

Ok, I see. As people here said, you also should create your timeline and VJ can estimate your case when you have NOA2. Good luck to you also....

Han & James

Timeline
Hi everybody,

Han & James

You have to have LOTS of patience when waiting for NOA2. Mine took 5 months and 2 days. The USCIS web site was never a good place to check status on. Create your time line here and visajourney has much better tracking and estimates of NOA2.

Yes, I know... I always try to stay strong in this waiting time... And hope it will be sooner....

Han & James

Timeline
as others have said, set up your timeline.

We received NOA2 within days of VJ's estimated times.

Woww, I hope our case will also get approval like yours. Well, my fiance now is living in Cary, NC....

Have a good day!

Han & James

Fill in your timeline.

VJ will then estimate the date of your NOA 2.

It also helps others because it allows VJ to keep track of approvals and will assist them in estimating when the NOA 2 approval may happen.

VJ timelines are not always accurate. But they tend to be pretty close!

I did create timeline here, hopefully getting good news soon. Thank you for your suggestion.

Han & James

Hi everybody,

Han & James

If you look at various timeline contained in user's profile you will have more or least an estimate. It varies as you may know. I received my first NOA1 on Oct. 2008 and received my sencond NOA2 on Feb. 11 2009 4 months and 4 days. I have seen cases where they received NOA2 in less time, in others more time. What you can count on is the USCIS has six months from receipt to process your case. Good luck on your journey!

Carmen Guillet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi everybody,

Han & James

DO NOT call USCIS. Waste of time. That is how NOT to estimate your timeline. When you get your NOA1, enter it in your timeline here and you will get the absolute best, most accurate estimate you can possibly receive. From the time you file until your fiancee arrives in America, allow for 6 months to one year. It is rarely less than 6 months until arrival.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Hi everybody,

Han & James

Hello to you,

one thing that confuses me is that you say the VSC page says "Sept. 25, 2008" now. I almost got a heartattack, lol. So I checked the processing times, but I still see "April 15, 2008" on there. Are you sure you looked right?

Anyways, now I did my own timeline, and I am glad I found a place here to actually have some more information than just the USCIS page. That makes the waiting much more comfortable. :-))

Have a great weekend!

AOS/AP/EAD

WEDDING: OCTOBER 24th 2009!

Nov.16th 2009 - AOS/AP/EAD sent to USCIS Chicago office

Nov.18th 2009 - AOS/AP/EAD arrived at Chicago PO Box

Dec.11th 2009 - Biometrics Appointment, Alexandria, VA

Jan.19th 2010 - EAD approved

Jan.20th 2010 - AOS Transfer from Chicago to California

Jan.23rd 2010 - AP received

Jan.25th 2010 - EAD received

June 25th 2010 - Green Card production ordered!

July 9th 2010 - Green Card received!

June 11th 2012 - Lifting Conditions filed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hi everybody,

Han & James

Forget the USCIS. Fill in your timeline here and enter your NOA1 date, this site will give you a MUCH more accurate estimate

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

estimated time is 90-120 days...sometimes longer.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

• 3 months later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have added a timeline as well. It states I should have received NOA2 between May 1 and May 14. I have not yet received anything, not even a touch. Maybe I will call USCIS and find out what the delay is all about. I'm sure they will just say wait until you receive it, it can take 6+ months, or so.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.