Loolie

does reusing plastic bottled water cause cancer?

29 posts in this topic

hi,

im just thinking asking this cause since i told my husband about it everytime he drink his juice in his favorite plastic bottle he always say..im drinking cancer..hehehhe...then just last night he brought a glass bottle so he wont be drinking cancer anymore.

Do you think reusing plastic bottle can cause cancer?

and please dont move me to any forum...i want to stay here in philippine forum... :angry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I dont think so.

This may sound trivial but dont paint your plastic bottle and drink from it. There is a story of a young girl who painted her plastic drinking bottle, the chemicals poisoned her eventually...

hi,

im just thinking asking this cause since i told my husband about it everytime he drink his juice in his favorite plastic bottle he always say..im drinking cancer..hehehhe...then just last night he brought a glass bottle so he wont be drinking cancer anymore.

Do you think reusing plastic bottle can cause cancer?

and please dont move me to any forum...i want to stay here in philippine forum... :angry:

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't Drink Bottled Water Kept in Car

Description: Email rumor

Circulating since: April 2007 (this version)

Summary: Forwarded message warns women not to drink bottled water that has been left in a car for any length of time because, supposedly, the heat releases cancer-causing toxins which 'leak' from the plastic into the water.

Email example contributed by Jori M., 22 April 2007:

Subject: Drinking Bottled Water Kept in Car ...a friend whose mother recently got diagnosed with breast cancer. The doctor told her women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car. The doctor said that the heat and the plastic of the bottle have certain chemicals that can lead to breast cancer. So please be careful and do not drink that water bottle that has been left in a car and pass this on to all the women in your life.

This information is the kind we need to know and be aware and just might save us!!!!

*The heats causes toxins from the plastic to leak into the water and they have found these toxins in breast tissue. Use a stainless steel canteen or a glass bottle when you can*!

Comments: False. In the United States, plastic bottles of the type used for commercially sold water are regulated by the FDA as "food contact substances" and held to the same safety standards as food additives.

This means, among other things, that the FDA has reviewed test data on the safety of the plastics used in water bottles -- including the potential for hazardous chemicals leaching or "migrating" from the plastic into the water -- and established that they pose no significant risk to human health. The water itself is also tested and must meet basic quality standards similar to those set by the Environmental Protection Agency for public drinking water.

That is not to say that bottled water is absolutely free of contaminants, nor that chemical leaching never takes place. Studies done on water bottled in FDA-approved polyethylene terephthalate (PET), for example, did find trace amounts of potentially hazardous substances believed to have migrated from the plastic. The important point to take away, however, is that these amounts were miniscule and well within the safety limits set by FDA and EPA regulators.

According to Dr. Rolf Halden of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, consumers face a much greater risk from potential exposure to microbial contaminants in bottled water -- germs, to you and me -- than from chemical ones. For that reason, most experts suggest not refilling or reusing empty bottles.

It should also be noted that the plastics used in the manufacturer of reusable water bottles vary in composition and quality and may be more susceptible to chemical leaching.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/medical/a/bottled-water.htm

Summary: Forwarded message warns women not to drink bottled water that has been left in a car for any length of time because, supposedly, the heat releases cancer-causing toxins which 'leak' from the plastic into the water.

Where does this stuff come from :wacko:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

Where does this stuff come from :wacko:

Born from the same corrupt minds who used to spread rumors orally.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Cool you are talking about re using the bottles and not the water... I read the title and was thinking on hwo do you "recycle" the water :wacko:

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Cool you are talking about re using the bottles and not the water... I read the title and was thinking on hwo do you "recycle" the water :wacko:

wow then tell me what should be the correct title smart ####...hehehehe

Timeline

wow then tell me what should be the correct title smart ####...hehehehe

I'm not sure about that, but if you would care to look at the number of times a bottle can be recycled at the bottom or somewhere that has the triangle (recycle sign) on the bottle, it would then say how many times it could be re-used.

AnnaJeff's blog ****

th_PIC_1059.jpg

I love Jeff I Love Anna

725325v80m0346dj.gif7.gifTTT725325v80m0346dj.gif

725325v80m0346dj.gif

xoxoTTT

252682in41fsxg03.gif

I'm not sure about that, but if you would care to look at the number of times a bottle can be recycled at the bottom or somewhere that has the triangle (recycle sign) on the bottle, it would then say how many times it could be re-used.

You lost me here, how can you tell how many times a plastic bottle has been recycled? The plastic is broken down and remixed to make new products and even new bottles. One bottle could become a part of many so I am confused :blink:

Timeline

You lost me here, how can you tell how many times a plastic bottle has been recycled? The plastic is broken down and remixed to make new products and even new bottles. One bottle could become a part of many so I am confused :blink:

Look at the bottom of the bottle, it has there the recycle thing and inside it, number of times it could be re-used (or so I was told by my colleague.)

AnnaJeff's blog ****

th_PIC_1059.jpg

I love Jeff I Love Anna

725325v80m0346dj.gif7.gifTTT725325v80m0346dj.gif

725325v80m0346dj.gif

xoxoTTT

252682in41fsxg03.gif

According to an ABC news report you can reuse a water bottle three times before the bacteria level becomes equivalent to lake water.

On a simular note, we used to put a skull and crossbones on my saccharin container because it caused cancer in lab mice.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Look at the bottom of the bottle, it has there the recycle thing and inside it, number of times it could be re-used (or so I was told by my colleague.)

Again, the bottles are all ground up and mixed together so I don't see how any number on the bottle will reflect on how many times it was recycled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.