shani_77

USCIS Express/courier mailing Address for I-130

10 posts in this topic

Hello all!!

I will be very thankful if you can shed some light on this. Anyone who mailed their I-130 through USPS express delievery please reply!! I-130 instructions say that if you wanna send your package through express courier delivery, use the following address

For couriers/express deliveries:

USCIS Attn: FBAS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

My question is that I wanna send my I-130 via USPS Express mail and NOT through courier, so Is this address only for couriers like UPS, DHL and Fed ex OR is athis address for both USPS and couriers???

Please clarify!! Thanks all!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello all!!

I will be very thankful if you can shed some light on this. Anyone who mailed their I-130 through USPS express delievery please reply!! I-130 instructions say that if you wanna send your package through express courier delivery, use the following address

My question is that I wanna send my I-130 via USPS Express mail and NOT through courier, so Is this address only for couriers like UPS, DHL and Fed ex OR is athis address for both USPS and couriers???

Send ALL USPS delivery methods to USPS address

YMMV

Hello all!!

Send ALL USPS delivery methods to USPS address

Thanks for you reply!!! So you are saying that the above is only for couriers and NOT for USPS? How did you send your?? Anyone else, please reply if you send your through USPS express delievery. Thanks again!!

Timeline

From the instructions (not sure how much more clear it need be):

For US Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS

PO Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

YMMV

From the instructions (not sure how much more clear it need be):

For US Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS

PO Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Why are you giviing wrong information?? Nowhere in the instructions they say that this address is for

For US Postal Service (USPS) deliveries!!!!!!!!! And that is why was i am confused! This is what instructions say

If you reside in the United States, file the I-130 form at the Lockbox according to following instructions:

Where To File?

If you are the petitioner and you reside in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, or Wyoming and you are filing only Form I-130, mail the petition to the USCIS Lockbox Facility. The address is as follows:

USCIS P.O. Box 804625 Chicago, IL 60680-4107

If you are the petitioner and you reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia, or District of Columbia and you are filing only Form I-130, mail the petition to the USCIS Lockbox Facility. The address is as follows:

USCIS P.O. Box 804616 Chicago, IL 60680-4107

NOTE: If the Form I-130 petition is being filed concurrently with Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, submit both forms concurrently to:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services P.O. Box 805887 Chicago, IL 60680-4107

Petitioners residing abroad: If you live in Canada, file your petition at the Vermont Service Center. Exception: If you are a U.S. citizen residing in Canada, and you are petitioning for your spouse, child, or parent, you may file the petition at the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate, except for those in Quebec City. If you reside elsewhere outside the United States file, your relative petition at the USCIS office overseas or the U.S. Embassy or consulate having jurisdiction over the area where you live. For further information, contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate.

Edited by shani_77

Timeline

It was an example of when they give you a USPS address they mean USPS:

When they give you a commercial courier or express delivery address they mean just that... NON USPS commercial services because they (private commercial delivery services) CANNOT deliver to a USPS address

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

When they give you a commercial courier or express delivery address they mean just that... NON USPS commercial services because they (private commercial delivery services) CANNOT deliver to a USPS address

Another person here gave me the same information that she sent it to the regular Address and NOT the express/courier delievery address and it went ok. However, I called USCIS twice and one person even put me on hold for five minutes because she wanted to double check with her supervisor and they told me that I have to use the express/courier delievery address, so I am very confused. Anyway, thanks for your help!!!!!

Timeline

Another person here gave me the same information that she sent it to the regular Address and NOT the express/courier delievery address and it went ok. However, I called USCIS twice and one person even put me on hold for five minutes because she wanted to double check with her supervisor and they told me that I have to use the express/courier delievery address, so I am very confused. Anyway, thanks for your help!!!!!

unfortunately the USCIS is not the delivery service... a call to the USPS would have been better

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

what? now im confused! did i send it to the right address? what i did was i went to USPS and i said mail with tracking number confirmation that they have received it and it got there in two days...i sent it to this address

USCIS P.O. Box 804616 Chicago, IL 60680-4107

what is all this confusion?!

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

• 7 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A recent post has been:

1) split from this thread;

2) moved from the CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum; and

3) given the topic title "Sent to Wrong Address? [split topic]."

This thread from 2009 is now closed to further comment.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.