leapoffaith

need help in filling I-131

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi

I am filing AOS. Have some questions regarding what to fill on I-131 form :

On form I-131, part 2, I need to check (d), right ? which states - I am applying for an advance parole document to

allow me to the United States after temporary foreign travel.

What should be the date of departure and length of trip as its undecided ? I am going back home and not some official trip,

so what do I fill there ? I do wish to go back home more than once though in the two year period.

On a separate sheet(s) of paper, please explain how you qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole. Include copies of any documents you wish considered. I dont have a clue - what to write here ?

Please somebody guide me, thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Hi

I am filing AOS. Have some questions regarding what to fill on I-131 form :

On form I-131, part 2, I need to check (d), right ? which states - I am applying for an advance parole document to

allow me to the United States after temporary foreign travel.

What should be the date of departure and length of trip as its undecided ? I am going back home and not some official trip,

so what do I fill there ? I do wish to go back home more than once though in the two year period.

On a separate sheet(s) of paper, please explain how you qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole. Include copies of any documents you wish considered. I dont have a clue - what to write here ?

Please somebody guide me, thanks.

Yes, check (d) for advance parole. For your trip, the departure date is "MULTIPLE" and length will be "VARYING LENGTHS"... make sure you later check "multiple trips" for the question that asks you if this is for one trip or multiple trips.

Timeline
And what to write for how do I qualify for AP ? I wonder what other folks did for that ?

Not sure what you are referring to... could you be more specific? I am looking at our I131, but I don't see such a question here...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On a separate sheet(s) of paper, please explain how you qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole. Include copies of any documents you wish considered.

Yes, I too wonder what to put here. It sounds as though it must be an emergency trip of some kind. What do you write on the separate sheet of paper?

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Timeline
On a separate sheet(s) of paper, please explain how you qualify for an advance parole document and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole. Include copies of any documents you wish considered.

Yes, I too wonder what to put here. It sounds as though it must be an emergency trip of some kind. What do you write on the separate sheet of paper?

wow! thanks... and I am glad to have read this thread... I completely overlooked this!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I did not further explanation. Just multiple trips. We already received EAD and AP.

If you file together with AOS I don't think you need an explanation.

If I understand you corectly, you didn't supply an extra sheet of paper and didn't offer any explaination of how you qualified for an advance parole document or what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole, and didn't include copies of any documents you wished considered??? You just ignored that portion?? If that works, great. I just want to make sure that is what people are doing successfully.

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

As I understand it, AOS applicants don't need to provide an explanation. By virtue of the AOS application, you have the right to receive AP without having to explain why. With that said, most still choose to include it. Better safe than sorry.

My wife and I wrote: to visit family while the adjustment of status is being processed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
As I understand it, AOS applicants don't need to provide an explanation. By virtue of the AOS application, you have the right to receive AP without having to explain why. With that said, most still choose to include it. Better safe than sorry.

My wife and I wrote: to visit family while the adjustment of status is being processed.

and you got multiple entry , right ?

Timeline

you can find answers to most of your questions from the wikis and guides from this website.

see this link: http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-131.pdf

Yes, I believe that is AUTOMATIC for AOS applicants.

As an AOS applicant (with no overstay), you are entitled to AP with multiple entry. The I-131 application process is just a formality.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.