lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

It seems that if you're a guy you're an "emotional retard" and if you are a woman you're just...a fretting woman...hehe.

I'm a fretting woman and I need my emotional retard by my side!

01/23/2009 ----------Leave Athens and my Honey for the processes to begin

02/10/2009 ----------Beginning of Greek Military Obligations for 11 months

03/21/2009 ----------Stationed to Rhodes

07/16/2009-----------Meeting in Spain for 6 days!

08/27/2009-----------Stationed to Nevrokopi

01/10/2010-----------Gets OUT of the Army!

02/16/2010-----------Interview!

02/24/2010-----------Lampros arrives in WA!!!

He didn't just want me long, he wanted me a little longer than forever... :3

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
It seems that if you're a guy you're an "emotional retard" and if you are a woman you're just...a fretting woman...hehe.

I'm a fretting woman and I need my emotional retard by my side!

AMEN!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I talked to my SO last night and I once again feel much more calm and relaxed. It turns out that I am just being a big baby. I really am an emotional retard.

Lee, did you see the cruise wedding links I posted for you? :)

You emotional retard you!!!! I just love that expression... being one myself... it just says it ALL :)

Thanks yes I did see them. I sent Oksana the link as well. Because lets be honest my opinion on the matter isn't really all that important. I am just there to look pretty and agree with whatever she says. My only request for our wedding was that it be somewhere that I can wear sandals. This being Florida that is an attainable goal I believe. :thumbs:

Emotionally retarded. I just think it sums me and most men up in a simple phrase.

Lee.gif

Timeline
I talked to my SO last night and I once again feel much more calm and relaxed. It turns out that I am just being a big baby. I really am an emotional retard.

Lee, did you see the cruise wedding links I posted for you? :)

You emotional retard you!!!! I just love that expression... being one myself... it just says it ALL :)

Thanks yes I did see them. I sent Oksana the link as well. Because lets be honest my opinion on the matter isn't really all that important. I am just there to look pretty and agree with whatever she says. My only request for our wedding was that it be somewhere that I can wear sandals. This being Florida that is an attainable goal I believe. :thumbs:

Emotionally retarded. I just think it sums me and most men up in a simple phrase.

Lee, you forgot the "other" reason... someone has to pay for it :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

My Honey and I seem to switch back and forth between "I MISS YOU LIKE HELL!!1!" and "It's ok sweetie, the days are passing and the visa is processing!"

I want it to go fast because I feel like I'm a sitting duck, but then I worry about the 6 month entry after the visa is issued. :wacko:

Timeline

Richard- I just assumed that was a given. I am not at all looking forward to the bill at all. I want to preface my next statement, because its going to make me sound like a d*ck and I don't mean it to, but its unavoidable. The good thing is she won't have many frineds to invite to our wedding and that will help keep costs down. Most of my friends while happy for me couldn't care less about going to a wedding. My friends apathy is finally going to benefit me. :dance:

Lee.gif

Timeline
My Honey and I seem to switch back and forth between "I MISS YOU LIKE HELL!!1!" and "It's ok sweetie, the days are passing and the visa is processing!"

I want it to go fast because I feel like I'm a sitting duck, but then I worry about the 6 month entry after the visa is issued. :wacko:

We do the same thing when we talk to each other. Your situation is a little unique with the army service though. Thats gotta be a big hassle for you. Trying to get the timing just right is a balancing act I do not envy.

Lee.gif

Timeline
Richard- I just assumed that was a given. I am not at all looking forward to the bill at all. I want to preface my next statement, because its going to make me sound like a d*ck and I don't mean it to, but its unavoidable. The good thing is she won't have many frineds to invite to our wedding and that will help keep costs down. Most of my friends while happy for me couldn't care less about going to a wedding. My friends apathy is finally going to benefit me. :dance:

As a man, I can say 1) I don't think you sound like a d*ck, 2) I totally understand 3) it is good to be a guy (sometimes!) as my friends really don't want to go to another wedding... they would rather stay home, watch the game, play golf or something :)

We do the same thing when we talk to each other. Your situation is a little unique with the army service though. Thats gotta be a big hassle for you. Trying to get the timing just right is a balancing act I do not envy.

Yes... that balancing act has to be difficult.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

My wedding will be just the two of us. We will throw a huge "wedding like" party once she gets settled. All of my family is in the DC area and I am in Tampa. We are more concerned with our life together than the ceremony itself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I noticed that CSC approvals are coming in SOOOO much faster. What the hell is the deal with that??? What about VSC fillers, what are we chopped liver????????

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

February 18 , 2009 - Touched

June 3, 2009 - NOA2 (Hardcopy June 8, 2009)

July 13, 2009 - Medical (Completed)

July 14, 2009 - Interview (PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

July 20, 2009 - Visa Received

August 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm - Arrived safely in JFK airport

September 25, 2009 - Getting Married

October 31, 2009 - Wedding Day

Timeline
I noticed that CSC approvals are coming in SOOOO much faster. What the hell is the deal with that??? What about VSC fillers, what are we chopped liver????????

I am not sure what you mean... the CSC has slowed so much lately.... they only have 11 approvals for May so far compared to VSC 38 (round numbers)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

As a man, I can say 1) I don't think you sound like a d*ck, 2) I totally understand 3) it is good to be a guy (sometimes!) as my friends really don't want to go to another wedding... they would rather stay home, watch the game, play golf or something :)

Yes... that balancing act has to be difficult.

Yes it's a bit much but I've heard of stalling certain aspects on purpose that do not concern the visa's integrity, if we need to anyways.

I think we're having either VERY small wedding. (My family is huge and he hasn't met a one in person :P) Or maybe a court wedding and then a "come on over if you like" reception in the days proceeding.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Ok, my 'adopted' February family... I am off like a prom dress.... Have a great weekend everyone!

maybe her name was Marine?

Marine??? Hmmm....or maybe Marianne??

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!! Just thought I'd stop in and say Hi and Have a great weekend!! I'm off work today and enjoying a long weekend with my daughter. :dance:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Timeline

HI Liz and have a great weekend with your daughter! The sky is visible and the birds are out playing, makes for a much better day that rain tormenting my electricity!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.