lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
I have a really hard time with rings. I really want to get my SO a beautiful ring, but I want to bang my head against the wall. There is nothing available besides "rock placed on a ring" type of design (if you can call it design at all). I want something beautiful and unique. Might have to end up looking for one when I am in Moscow. Same goes for rings... I've looked through hundreds of pages - nothing that would make me want them.

Unfortunately they do not design rings from the man's point of view, but the American Woman's point of view :) a rock on a ring... and the bigger the rock the better.... :)

Not ALL American woman think this way.......

Liz, I didnt mean to imply that all women think this way... Although I will say that ALL designers thing this way :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
I have a really hard time with rings. I really want to get my SO a beautiful ring, but I want to bang my head against the wall. There is nothing available besides "rock placed on a ring" type of design (if you can call it design at all). I want something beautiful and unique. Might have to end up looking for one when I am in Moscow. Same goes for rings... I've looked through hundreds of pages - nothing that would make me want them.

Unfortunately they do not design rings from the man's point of view, but the American Woman's point of view :) a rock on a ring... and the bigger the rock the better.... :)

Liz, I didnt mean to imply that all women think this way... Although I will say that ALL designers thing this way :)

yeah yeah yeah....you just wanted to get under my skin... :devil:

And yes, I will agree all jewelers and designers do have that state of mind.

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

america is a bit problematic when it comes to engagements. I decided to get my girl an engagement ring just because I wanted to, I got her a small ring, but I liked it so much, and she loved it even more. You know you dont have to spend 2000 dollers on a ring, you cand find beautiful ones for even 200 or less. Now if you got a gold digger, oh shiz :)

Timeline

Well... You do know how much I love getting your knickers in a wad :) But really, that wasn't my intent.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey, that's not true! Just check out the websites I posted above. :yes: You just have to get away from Tiffany's, the department stores, and other mainstream jewelry places!

Edited by Philosykos

Timeline

Well... You do know how much I love getting your knickers in a wad :) But really, that wasn't my intent.

:rofl: knickers in a wad??? Your too funny!

I know it wasn't your intent, hun! Just love picking on you!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

Well... remember, like I told Maire yesterday... you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose, but you cant pick your friends nose.

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Well... remember, like I told Maire yesterday... you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose, but you cant pick your friends nose.

why not?

Timeline

Aww man...that's just sick! :rofl:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline
Aww man...that's just sick! :rofl:

I already have admitted to being a pervert and sick... look back a few hundred posts :)

Well, Maire... you can... but i wouldnt do it in public :P

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On July 30, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Costa Rica

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-27

Touched: 2009-03-05

NOA2(s) : 2009/07/30

NVC Received: 2009/08/03

Departed NVC 2009/08/05

Consulate Received 2009/08/07

Interview Date 2009/10/08 Visa granted...:)

Timeline

On July 30, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CongratsSmileyparty.gif

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VSC is still alive and kicking.

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

February 18 , 2009 - Touched

June 3, 2009 - NOA2 (Hardcopy June 8, 2009)

July 13, 2009 - Medical (Completed)

July 14, 2009 - Interview (PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

July 20, 2009 - Visa Received

August 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm - Arrived safely in JFK airport

September 25, 2009 - Getting Married

October 31, 2009 - Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

CongratsSmileyparty.gif

thanks buddy, after the week i had this is great, also wana thank you and the rest of the Feb family for the words of support. Just called my fiancee she started crying, never thought id be so happy to hear her cry

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Costa Rica

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-27

Touched: 2009-03-05

NOA2(s) : 2009/07/30

NVC Received: 2009/08/03

Departed NVC 2009/08/05

Consulate Received 2009/08/07

Interview Date 2009/10/08 Visa granted...:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That's exactly why I am against engagement rings.

Have you checked out Etsy? There are tons of creative people making unique jewelry.

And this guy here makes really beautiful rings, too, and you can also order them long-distance: http://www.surprisegold.com/ Not cheap, but more economical than a big rock, and MUCH more unique... I personally am in love with his work.

Much less expensive, and also very unique are the rings from this site: http://www.turtlelovecommittee.com/

There's many options besides the "classic" American engagement ring!

I love the second link. I just forwarded it to Oksana. That is what I am looking for. I despise wearing jewelery in general so I said I wanted to pick something that is low key and looks comfortable. Thank you for the links. I have been driving myself crazy for something like that.

Lee.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.