lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Morning all... I got a response from the Embassy. Apparently they put together a paper that Maria fills out. She just writes my name in as her fiance and thats it!

I have a tall coffee and am about to go get a big fat omelet with everything stuffed in it and some hash browns, wheat toast, and OJ.... Yeah Baby!!!!

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Morning all,

How is everyone ths morning. I am patiently awaiting packet 3 from the embassy. I have tried calling them today but I keep getting their answering machine. I hope they reply to messages left.

Is an interview date set before it leaves NVC or is it only set when the embassy receives it, just wondering?????

Susan, for Warsaw they do not set the interview until you send back the first half of the form (i think it it) DS230 telling them you have ALL the stuff they want... then they set the interview. You bring to the interview the other 1/2 of DS230 and all the info, i134, police report, medical etc

Good Morning Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rich and Rich coffee sounds good right about now.

well, you're family, pour some! don't wait for me to get it for you :P

Where is that southern hospitality, Georgians usually have????????

Sorry Uncle Roman... Family is family....

Morning everyone....Roman very soon we wont hear from you..you will be busy practicing the hunky punky dance wohoooo

I wanna do the hunky punky!!

Ok, ok. I will get my own coffee.

Morning all... I got a response from the Embassy. Apparently they put together a paper that Maria fills out. She just writes my name in as her fiance and thats it!

I have a tall coffee and am about to go get a big fat omelet with everything stuffed in it and some hash browns, wheat toast, and OJ.... Yeah Baby!!!!

It looks like things are speeding up for you Derek. I am very happy to hear that.

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

February 18 , 2009 - Touched

June 3, 2009 - NOA2 (Hardcopy June 8, 2009)

July 13, 2009 - Medical (Completed)

July 14, 2009 - Interview (PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

July 20, 2009 - Visa Received

August 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm - Arrived safely in JFK airport

September 25, 2009 - Getting Married

October 31, 2009 - Wedding Day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

That was easy (in my best Staples button impression)

I was thinking.... for the actor to play your part... "the calm, cool and collected Professor from Gilligan's Island" Whatcha think?

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

damn..u just made me really hungry :unsure:

im glad things are speeding up

Edited by Maire

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Good morning everyone. Derek glad to hear that everything is moving forward for you. I hate moving so I feel for you Roman.

Last night in my psych classs we had a lecture on stress. It resonated really well with me, because as it was being described it was like a step by step match with this whole process. It was strangely fascinating.

Lee.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone!!! Well down to 12 days to go for interview. I will admit starting to get a little nervous now. But i am sure everything will be ok. the days are just going by very fast. ROman moving does suck. Richard the coffee was a little old we needed a fresh pot because i fell back to sleep.. no complaints though.. lol

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Timeline
Good morning everyone. Derek glad to hear that everything is moving forward for you. I hate moving so I feel for you Roman.

Last night in my psych classs we had a lecture on stress. It resonated really well with me, because as it was being described it was like a step by step match with this whole process. It was strangely fascinating.

Thanks Lee. But unfortunately it has to be done.

Good Morning Everyone!!! Well down to 12 days to go for interview. I will admit starting to get a little nervous now. But i am sure everything will be ok. the days are just going by very fast. ROman moving does suck. Richard the coffee was a little old we needed a fresh pot because i fell back to sleep.. no complaints though.. lol

Don't be nervous. Based on whatever Marina was telling me, if the documents are in order, they barely ask any questions. So you will be ok.

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Don't be nervous. Based on whatever Marina was telling me, if the documents are in order, they barely ask any questions. So you will be ok.

ROman what do they do with these documents? i mean what are they for. i know some of them needs to be signed in front of interviewer.

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Timeline

ROman what do they do with these documents? i mean what are they for. i know some of them needs to be signed in front of interviewer.

The only docs she signed were DS-156, DS-156K and DS-230. The rest of the docs are proof of relationship, W-2, I-134, etc. So as long as those are in order and completed, you guys will be ok. As I said before they asked her 3 questions and that's it.

Edited by Roman&Marina

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

The only docs she signed were DS-156, DS-156K and DS-230. The rest of the docs are proof of relationship, W-2, I-134, etc. So as long as those are in order and completed, you guys will be ok. As I said before they asked her 3 questions and that's it.

I have to say after going into the Embassy in Warsaw, that the interview was really just a final review and a formality... providing your documents are in order, the medical and police reports are in order. That said, I am sure some Embassies are more strict and dig deeper. I would not want to let my guard down for a moment since there is so much at stake... but it really doesnt seem to be something to fear, which in the beginning of this process I was very hesitant about.

So, be prepared, having everything in order... and then relax :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

The Embassy in Prague is the same way Richard. I sent my emails without mention of who I am or Maria. They send replies referring to us by name. I think it is just a formality more than an "interview"...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
The Embassy in Prague is the same way Richard. I sent my emails without mention of who I am or Maria. They send replies referring to us by name. I think it is just a formality more than an "interview"...

huh?weird

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
I got our approval email at 10 this morning!!!!! Just in time for VJ to be down for several hours hahaha. Also just in time for me to have booked a flight for the hell of it next month :P Now I'm gonna have to go again just a couple months after haha.

Congratulations! Did you get the email at 10:15 by chance?

I also had recently booked a trip because it seemed my NOA2 was ever elusive. Then I got the NOA2 and now wish I'd booked the trip at least a month later, so it could overlap with the interview. Oh well; it'll all work out I'm sure.

I can't believe you had to wait 6.5 months for NOA2. I hope the rest of the process is super fast for you!

Chelsea and Arturo

2-14-2009: I-129F mailed to VSC

2-18-2009: NOA1

2-19-2009: check cashed

06-23-2009: NOA2 date

06-25-2009: NVC received

7-21-2009: NVC mailed out

7-23-2009: Embassy received

7/31/2009: Medical appt.

9-10-2009: Interview Passed!

9-28-2009: Entry to U.S.

10-9-2009: Civil ceremony!

10-30-2009: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD applications

11-6-2009: NOAs for AOS, AP, EAD

11-12-2009: touch for AP

12-1-2009: biometrics

12-2-2009: touches for AOS/EAD (after biometrics)

12-17-2009: case transfered to CSC (touch)

12-28-2009: EAD ordered, arrived 2 weeks later

12-30-2009: AP ordered, arrived 2 weeks later

1-14-2010: Greencard ordered!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.