lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 more weeks for me. lee you ready to go. i am getting excited. in two weeks we will find the answer out.

That is exciting. You and Roman are so close it makes it seem more real now that it is happening for people I actually know. Not that evertone in VJ isn't real, but its like the lottery. I know there are winners out there, but I don't know any of them. Therefore I don't play. Now with you guys getting interview dates and making arrangements for your SO's to live wioth you it just means more to me. I am ready to be out of AP. I have all of the paperwork for Oksana, but I don't want to send it yet, because I want the pay stubs to be current when it goes to the US embassy.

Lee.gif

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
good morning everyone,

Liz, good job on the house, it looks good. we bought a house last year, March '08, and we are just at the end of decorating now, wooden floors going down etc. we started out just like you guys. I know how you feel, I had pains everywhere when we were doing demolition. It will be so worth it in the end.

Lee, How did your fight weekend go? did you win some $$$ :)

Richard , how was your carribean BBQ? sounds yummy!!

Maire, i hope you situation resolves the way you want it to :)

Roman, best wishes for your SO's interview tomorrow, i hope it is plain sailing for her.

Now - K-1 Discussion (Is that allowed, have both conversation at the same time) :lol:

I called NVC today, our file arrived last Friday. I got a new case number. When I was talking to the (very nice) lady, she informed me that everything looks good with the application, it should be sent out in a few days. Does that mean we won't be sent into AP? or would she know that by looking at the screen.

LOL....glad to know someone else knows how I feel..hehe! Any redecorating tips for me??

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

lee,

i am hoping very soon that u get out of ap soon. liz is ready to go. you know once 4th of july hits the summer goes so fast.

44e4b32efa.png

1d4934864a.png

af0b479a5e.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Liz, sorry to say that I don't have any redecorating tips at all. In fact I am in desperate need for them myself. Our house is 3,600 or 3,800 square feet and EMPTY, BLAND and in much NEED of decorating as well. So, if you have any tips, I'll take them!!!!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline
lee,

i am hoping very soon that u get out of ap soon. liz is ready to go. you know once 4th of july hits the summer goes so fast.

Summer could be over tomorrow and it wouldn't be soon enough...lol! Its been so freaking hot here this year! They said on the news last night that we've had 22 days in the last 30 with temps of 100+ degrees.....sheesh! I know I live in Texas but right now it feels like I live in an oven!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline
lee,

Summer could be over tomorrow and it wouldn't be soon enough...lol! Its been so freaking hot here this year! They said on the news last night that we've had 22 days in the last 30 with temps of 100+ degrees.....sheesh! I know I live in Texas but right now it feels like I live in an oven!

When I google "define texas" it says "OVEN" :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline
Liz, sorry to say that I don't have any redecorating tips at all. In fact I am in desperate need for them myself. Our house is 3,600 or 3,800 square feet and EMPTY, BLAND and in much NEED of decorating as well. So, if you have any tips, I'll take them!!!!

You know....a new paint job in the rooms would make a HUGE difference. I went to a friends house right after they bought it....it was bland..all white walls...beige carpet...minimal decorations. She went NUTS with paint in all kinds of colors and it looks like a totally different house! I took my lead from her and Pat and I have decided we're painting the kitchen floor a deep red, the walls will be tan with white trim. I also have a small french shutter on the window over the kitchen sink and will paint that red and my cabinets are the most gorgeous solid wood (country style) cabinets and we're leaving them white. In my daughters room my sister is decorating that...she's painting the top half of the wall light blue..the bottom half light green. THen she's painting a white picket fence all the way around on the bottom part..clouds on the top and butterflies, ladybugs and flowers on the rest of the wall. Not sure yet what colors we're doing in the rest of the house yet but i'll be bright and cheery for sure!

lee,

:rofl: You are just too much!! :rofl:

Edited by lizandpat

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

You know....a new paint job in the rooms would make a HUGE difference. I went to a friends house right after they bought it....it was bland..all white walls...beige carpet...minimal decorations. She went NUTS with paint in all kinds of colors and it looks like a totally different house! I took my lead from her and Pat and I have decided we're painting the kitchen floor a deep red, the walls will be tan with white trim. I also have a small french shutter on the window over the kitchen sink and will paint that red and my cabinets are the most gorgeous solid wood (country style) cabinets and we're leaving them white. In my daughters room my sister is decorating that...she's painting the top half of the wall light blue..the bottom half light green. THen she's painting a white picket fence all the way around on the bottom part..clouds on the top and butterflies, ladybugs and floors on the rest of the wall. Not sure yet what colors we're doing in the rest of the house yet but i'll be bright and cheery for sure!

lee,

I know we need color on the walls and throw rugs on the floors... not to mention furniture... but I have no idea where to start... it is very overwhelming for me. I can make money in the market but when it comes to style... I have NONE :) I have been toying with the idea of hiring a decorator. I am watching HGTV like crazy, but all it does is confuse me more...

Edited by Richard-Joanna

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

Richard - you've got mail... :star:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As for the decorating at our house. I told Oksana she has a clean slate with which to work. She can do whatever she likes, because I have done nothing with it. Plus it'll give her something to do while I work and shes waiting for her work authorization.

Lee.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

You know....a new paint job in the rooms would make a HUGE difference. I went to a friends house right after they bought it....it was bland..all white walls...beige carpet...minimal decorations. She went NUTS with paint in all kinds of colors and it looks like a totally different house! I took my lead from her and Pat and I have decided we're painting the kitchen floor a deep red, the walls will be tan with white trim. I also have a small french shutter on the window over the kitchen sink and will paint that red and my cabinets are the most gorgeous solid wood (country style) cabinets and we're leaving them white. In my daughters room my sister is decorating that...she's painting the top half of the wall light blue..the bottom half light green. THen she's painting a white picket fence all the way around on the bottom part..clouds on the top and butterflies, ladybugs and floors on the rest of the wall. Not sure yet what colors we're doing in the rest of the house yet but i'll be bright and cheery for sure!

lee,

I know we need color on the walls and throw rugs on the floors... not to mention furniture... but I have no idea where to start... it is very overwhelming for me. I can make money in the market but when it comes to style... I have NONE :) I have been toying with the idea of hiring a decorator. I am watching HGTV like crazy, but all it does is confuse me more...

Hire me!!! :yes:

Timeline

Why is it, that every time I see those 3 words 'You've got mail' I hear the AOL voice from the movie?? :)

lee,

Why? You won't even hop a plane! Come up and look for yourself!!!

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Liz, my parents live in Texas and they've been saying the same thing. DC has been usually cool, and I feel bad telling them so!

Lee, I feel ya. I just called NVC and the lady said our application was undergoing "additional processing" and "we have no timeframe for that." It's the first time they've actually said additional processing versus under review. Everyone says the process flies after NOA2, but that seems a bit hollow to me right now.

Edited by Chelartie

Chelsea and Arturo

2-14-2009: I-129F mailed to VSC

2-18-2009: NOA1

2-19-2009: check cashed

06-23-2009: NOA2 date

06-25-2009: NVC received

7-21-2009: NVC mailed out

7-23-2009: Embassy received

7/31/2009: Medical appt.

9-10-2009: Interview Passed!

9-28-2009: Entry to U.S.

10-9-2009: Civil ceremony!

10-30-2009: Mailed AOS, AP, EAD applications

11-6-2009: NOAs for AOS, AP, EAD

11-12-2009: touch for AP

12-1-2009: biometrics

12-2-2009: touches for AOS/EAD (after biometrics)

12-17-2009: case transfered to CSC (touch)

12-28-2009: EAD ordered, arrived 2 weeks later

12-30-2009: AP ordered, arrived 2 weeks later

1-14-2010: Greencard ordered!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
Liz, my parents live in Texas and they've been saying the same thing. DC has been usually cool, and I feel telling them so!

Lee, I feel ya. I just called NVC and the lady said our application was undergoing "additional processing" and "we have no timeframe for that." It's the first time they've actually said additional processing versus under review. Everyone says the process flies after NOA2, but that seems a bit hollow to me right now.

wow...whats with the whole review and ap?why is a bunch of u stuck with that?

Why is it, that every time I see those 3 words 'You've got mail' I hear the AOL voice from the movie?? :)

lee,

Why? You won't even hop a plane! Come up and look for yourself!!!

I can do miracles on ur house with IKEA...LMAO....but damn it why are u so far?

Timeline
As for the decorating at our house. I told Oksana she has a clean slate with which to work. She can do whatever she likes, because I have done nothing with it. Plus it'll give her something to do while I work and shes waiting for her work authorization.

I have said the same thing to Joanna for the same reasons as well. I think that she was a little overwhelmed when she actually saw how big and empty it was :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.