lizandpat

February 09 - VSC

11,191 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Phew... an angry crowd today....

I love you guys! :)

I am not angry Richard. I was just voicing my frustrations with the process. I also said that I am no expert. I am sure that there is sound reasoning for the way that they do somethings. I also agree with my D_n_M that they can't hire a full time call center either. I am of the opinion that some of there procedures may be a bit outdated and in need of streamling. My office is practically paperless which was an absurd notion just a few years ago. Thats my main point. I will get off of my soapbox now even though it was never my intent to stand on one.

Lee.gif

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard-Joanna

• Maire

• lizandpat

• lee b

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Bottom line... minutes seems like days at times... and one of the things people do best is point fingers... my fingers are pointed at VSC just because I want my BH here with me right now! I feel like time is standing still. But at least i can talk to her and feel the love everyday!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I am not angry Richard. I was just voicing my frustrations with the process. I also said that I am no expert. I am sure that there is sound reasoning for the way that they do somethings. I also agree with my D_n_M that they can't hire a full time call center either. I am of the opinion that some of there procedures may be a bit outdated and in need of streamling. My office is practically paperless which was an absurd notion just a few years ago. Thats my main point. I will get off of my soapbox now even though it was never my intent to stand on one.

Lee... I was just playing... I understand, although I am a March filer and you know, our opinions don't count... I am in the same boat :)

I couldn't agree more with today being 2009 and technology being what it is, there are ways to put things online and make it electronic. I also agree that a call center would be a waste of dollars... people, being people would call every day :)

I just booked our cruise and got such a good deal that I am skeptical that I did it right....

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
They give you an estimate of 4 months for an interview but thats not usually the case. Also, its summer time and things seem to slow down a bit then. When you are seeing people from March not having interview dats yet, it may also mean that they have no updated their timeline. Many people forget to do this.

As for the cost of the envelope, it should be our responsibilty to pay it. The consulate can't be expected to pay 15$ for every person's ExpressPost. It has to be Expresspost because they have to put your passport with visa included in there and you have to sign for it when its delivered at home or when you pick it up from the post office.

Waiting really does suck the big one. And each case is different. Hopefully the wait won't be too long for you guys. I only just got my NOA2 and every day waiting for it seemed like it took forever. but once you have it, stuff really does start to fly. Don't give up hope! :)

The person from March I was speaking about was actually posting in the thread "waiting for an interview at Montreal" .....their timeline is uptodate. As for the cost of the envelope. Between medicals and fees this is going to cost us 4k just to get to the AOS stage so if I feel like complaining about a 15 dollar envelope....I will.

And we love you! lol

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

all i have to say is that we all been waiting for our time to come, and this is supose to be it.I really thought feb fillers would all be approved by the middle of next month, but instead they just stopped, nuttin is going on , it s slower than ever, and we re all very tired of waiting and getting impatient, it s starting to feel like

4ever...i just hope we al get our noa2 soon. never got one touch, i have no idea what to expect and it s killing me.

been dating since june 1st 2007

dec-08 -officially engaged,i went back to France to apply for k1

2-11-09:noa1

3-06-09:My angel is visiting me

3-16-09:my angel is going back to the states

6-06-09: received NOA 2 HARDCOPY!!!!! ( notice date:-05-29-09)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
all i have to say is that we all been waiting for our time to come, and this is supose to be it.I really thought feb fillers would all be approved by the middle of next month, but instead they just stopped, nuttin is going on , it s slower than ever, and we re all very tired of waiting and getting impatient, it s starting to feel like

4ever...i just hope we al get our noa2 soon. never got one touch, i have no idea what to expect and it s killing me.

Can anyone tell me, how I would know or find out if my documents were "touched"????

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

February 18 , 2009 - Touched

June 3, 2009 - NOA2 (Hardcopy June 8, 2009)

July 13, 2009 - Medical (Completed)

July 14, 2009 - Interview (PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

July 20, 2009 - Visa Received

August 9, 2009 at 4:25 pm - Arrived safely in JFK airport

September 25, 2009 - Getting Married

October 31, 2009 - Wedding Day

Timeline

on the uscis site, when you logg in your portfolio it shows u if u got a touch (if ur case has been touched since ur noa1 or not) (u have to register first )

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Richard I forgot you are a dirty stinky March filer. Your word means nothing in this forum. J/K. With the way things are I am sure you got your cruise done properly cruises are cheap right now. Some of my friends just booked one and my jaw dropped when they told me how cheap it was.

We are all playing the waiting game and I am glad that we all have each other to get it out of our system.

Lee.gif

Timeline

Can anyone tell me, how I would know or find out if my documents were "touched"????

Apparently if you can see your case online and the date changes then your file has been 'touched'. I can't see mine but mine is alot more recent then yours. Seems their site has gone to the crapper lately though because some people get their NOA2's and have never been able to access it or if they could nothing ever changed. Not something I'd really bother with because it would just be another thing I'd be hitting refresh constantly over and obsessing about. lol I'm sure yours will be coming anytime now anyways. Just because we aren't seeing a lot of approvals here doesn't mean there aren't any happening. Unfortunately we are just a drop in the bucket.

K-1 Journey

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Timeline
on the uscis site, when you logg in your portfolio it shows u if u got a touch (if ur case has been touched since ur noa1 or not) (u have to register first )

Thank you!!!!!!!

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

Timeline
Richard I forgot you are a dirty stinky March filer. Your word means nothing in this forum. J/K. With the way things are I am sure you got your cruise done properly cruises are cheap right now. Some of my friends just booked one and my jaw dropped when they told me how cheap it was.

We are all playing the waiting game and I am glad that we all have each other to get it out of our system.

I followed him...I filed in April :rofl:

Cruises....I wanted to go on a cruise for our honeymoon but since we can't leave till we get advance parole.... no cruise for us :( I told the kids maybe next year instead we'd go on one.

K-1 Journey

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

ROC Journey

Timeline

Thank you!!!!!!!

I know that this is a dumb question, but does "touched" mean last updated?????

February 12, 2009 - NOA1

Timeline

Minimule, did you see my post a few pages back with packet 3 info?

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Timeline

Thank you!!!!!!!

I know that this is a dumb question, but does "touched" mean last updated?????

yes but only IF the last udpated date isn t the same than ur noa 1...

Minimule, did you see my post a few pages back with packet 3 info?

OoOoOO noOOoOo I didn t, im gonna look to see if i find it , thanks

Timeline

I followed him...I filed in April :rofl:

Cruises....I wanted to go on a cruise for our honeymoon but since we can't leave till we get advance parole.... no cruise for us :( I told the kids maybe next year instead we'd go on one.

You can do an Alaska or a Hawaiian cruise... they don't leave the country :)

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.