rocks

february 2009 aos filers

730 posts in this topic

Well that news from the USCIS is unfortunate, but hopefully once they are done, things will be speedier. Our interview is tomorrow, so I'm just anxious about having all the paperwork and double-checking that everything is in order. So, its possible that it might be mid-July before she could get her greencard?

Good Luck ;-)

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USCIS Offical Announcement

Permanent Resident Card Production Delays

"USCIS is announcing that applicants may experience up to an eight week delay in the delivery of their permanent resident card while we are in the process of upgrading our card production equipment. USCIS Field Offices will be issuing temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp to applicants approved for permanent residence at the time of their interview. You will need to take your passport to your appointment. If you do not have a passport, you must bring a passport style photo and government issued photo identification to receive temporary evidence of permanent residence.

If the application is approved subsequent to your interview or by a Service Center or the National Benefit Center, the applicant should bring the above documents to an INFOPASS appointment to be issued temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp."

Last updated:05/29/2009

WONDERFUL!!!

Just when I thought I was near the finishing line USCIS comes up with another cunning plan to delay the arrival of my green card.

I finally induced some wretched little automaton at the help centre to initiate a request to look into my EAD and AP

as it is over 90 days........ and what happened? I received an email from CRIS telling me that I should have a response to my 'urgent' request in 30 to 45 days.

I suppose that in the meantime if I get hungry because I can't work I could always eat my luggage as I can't travel.

" I suppose that in the meantime if I get hungry because I can't work I could always eat my luggage as I can't travel."

That is funny, I have been still laughing.....

Edited by Cino

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know the interview notice is given to individuals entering via different methods (visas), but the duplication is a bit annoying. In three different areas, the same is asked of the US Citizen. I feel as though I'm forgetting something, but it asks that I bring my birth certificate and proof of citizenship like twice. Oh the anxiety....really, when I step back and read the list and then check my folder, its not as much paperwork as I imagined.

USA_a.gif

CONGRATS !.....

I am sorry to say that you will get your GC late due to restructuring

within GC Handling & Production Department of USCIS. If you have received I-551 Stamp on your passport, then no problem. That stamp is same as GC anyway. When you receive your plastic GC, please let me know, I will update it on our spreadsheet. GOOD LUCK !........

FEBRUARY 2009 AOS / VJ FULERS PROGRESSIVE REPORT

Thank you!

They stamped my passport at the time of the interview so the card is just a formality. I will definitely let you know when I receive the physical green card.

I-129F sent to Vermont: Late May 2008

NOA1 received: 17 June 2008

NOA2 received: 2 September 2008

Receive NOA2 about 3 1/2 months after sending

NVC received:

NVC left:

Consulate Received:

Packet 3 sent: 22 October 2008

Interview date: 18 November 2008

Visa approved: 18 November 2008

Arrive in U.S.: 20 January 2009

Marry Fiance: 26 January 2009

Mailed AOS: 7 February 2009

AOS application received by USCIS: 9 February 2009

NOA for AOS/EAD/AP sent from USCIS: 12 February 2009

Biometrics appointment received: 23 February 2009

Biometrics Appointment: 7 March 2009

Interview for AOS: 28 May 2009

CONGRATS !....

I have updated your status on our Spreadsheet.

FEBRUARY 2009 AOS / VJ FILERS PROGRESSIVE REPORT

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

Got my I-551 stamp today. I was in and out of the office in less than 5 mins. They said as long as the green card has not been put in the mail, you are eligible to have passport stamped!!!

Just thought I'd share that with you guys.

God Bless!!!!!!

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2009-02-10

NOA Date : 2009-02-18

RFE(s) : N/A

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-10

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2009-05-14

Approved : 2009-05-14

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed : 2009-02-10

NOA Date : 2009-02-18

Bio. Appt. : 2009-03-10

Date Card Received : 2009-04-23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We were approved, but pending submission of our employment letters. We both started working since we first submitted the AOS packet, so once we get the letters in within the next 2-3 days, then he will stamp it and send out the green card. We waited for an hour, but after we sat down and were sworn in, it was in/out after like 7 questions. We didn't even OPEN the folder with our information, proof, etc. Happy but kind of bugged that all the prep work went to waste :( YAY!!!

Updated timeline too.

USA_a.gif

Filed: Timeline

Well, you may not believe what happened to me earlier today, but here it goes... A couple of hours ago or so my cellphone rang, but the number did not show (as it usually does when telemarketers call). I picked up, and it was the USCIS DC office, where I had my AOS interview almost three weeks ago. The lady on the other end of the phone (I think it was the same person who interviewed me) asked me if I had had a medical in the US. I told her I'd had one in Naples before I was granted the visa, since I'd come here on a K1. Thankfully, during the interview I had been looking at her, and noticed she was leafing through my K1 file (which I recognised), so I told her the medical was there. After a few seconds or so, they finally found it, and the call ended without further hassle.

Now, I was approved without any reservations at the interview, got my Welcome to America letter almost two weeks ago, and the USCIS website shows 'GC production ordered'.... I wonder how they could not have realized they had 'missed' my medical, or whatever else happened. Thankfully everything seems to have ended well, but believe me, that call got me into a panic again. This is completely crazy!

Hello all,

Yesterday my son got a letter from USCIS for his Interview in July 30th.

I thought it was really strange because ever since we filed we have been getting all the NOA's and letters at the same time on the mail.

I thought I would wait and see if maybe I would get mine on the mail today, which never happened.

I called USCIS and the person who helped me on the phone told me to wait another couple of days to see if I will get my letter on the mail and if I don't, that I should come to the interview with my son and let them know what happened.

I was wondering if anybody else had the same problem or could give me some advice.

I really don't feel like waiting if I don't get my letter and just show up at my sons interview like if everything is fine.

Should I request an interview?

If anyone can give me some advice I would appreciate.

Thank you!!!

My Timeline - Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Chicago IL

2009-02-27: AOS package sent

2009-03-02: AOS package received at CIS Office

2009-03-13: NOA1 received

2009-16-03; Biometrics Appointment letter received

2009-04-09: Biometrics

2009-05-01: EAD received

2009-06-16: Interview letter returned undeliverable

2009-06-22: Called URSCIS to request letter to be resent

2009-07-02: Interview letter received

2009-07-30: Interview @ 8:00am ' APPROVED - CARD ORDERED'

2009-08-12; Green card received!

Update:

Until now my AOS case is not yet available online. Although, I already received my EAD, so there is less stress on my part. The thing that confuses me is -- my daughter's AOS and I-130 were already transferred to California Service Center last month. I got the transfer notice in the mail.

I wonder where my case is now...

NATURALIZATION

01-11-2014 N-400 Packet Sent

01-17-2014 Check cleared

01-24-2014 Received NOA dated 01/14 in the mail

02-20-2014 1st Service Request created for delayed biometric appointment letter

03-01-2014 Received 'yellow' letter in the mail

03-28-2014 2nd Service Request created since the 1st request had no response from the assigned Service Center

04-07-2014 Received biometric appointment letter in the mail

04-25-2014 At last, my biometric appointment!!!!

06-09-2014 Interview - recommended for approval!

07-17-2014 Oath Ceremoney USCIS-Orlando Office! I'm A United States Citizen

AOS AND EAD
02-13-2009 AOS Packet Sent
02-15-2009 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
02-23-2009 Date of NOA1 (AOS & EAD)
02-25-2009 Check Cleared
02-27-2009 Received NOA1s (AOS and EAD) and Bio Appointment Letter in the mail!!
03-18-2009 Biometric Appointment
04-17-2009 EAD card production ordered!
04-27-2009 EAD card in received in mail
06-19-2009 Received interview appointment in the mail
08-19-2009 Interview Date APPROVED!
08-28-2009 Received 10-year GC in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.