MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

Did I miss something? How do we get interview dates by e-mail?

You don't get interview dates by email, but if you use the email code (by first calling the extortion line and managing to convince the operator that you need one) and email the embassy first regarding your interview date, then the CO can give you the information via email about your scheduled interview date if they have it on file and you have emailed them at the time when they have already scheduled it and have or have not sent out your packet 4 yet (meaning either they are going to send one out now that they have given you an interview date or that they have already sent it out and you haven't gotten it).

The best way to figure out if you have an interview date scheduled and when it was scheduled is to call DOS. You don't get charged like the extortion line charges you and you can call as many times as you need to.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't get interview dates by email, but if you use the email code (by first calling the extortion line and managing to convince the operator that you need one) and email the embassy first regarding your interview date, then the CO can give you the information via email about your scheduled interview date if they have it on file and you have emailed them at the time when they have already scheduled it and have or have not sent out your packet 4 yet (meaning either they are going to send one out now that they have given you an interview date or that they have already sent it out and you haven't gotten it).

The best way to figure out if you have an interview date scheduled and when it was scheduled is to call DOS. You don't get charged like the extortion line charges you and you can call as many times as you need to.

Thankyou!!! I will call DOS a few weeks after Riggs sends in the packet 3... Whenever THAT happens.... :wacko:

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just got my interview date through - week today, 9th October at 9.30am...

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Dyfed

WOW!!!!!!!

Congratulations. Very happy for you. Thats very short notice. So, they must have taken your situation into consideration.

Love to hear how it went if you get a chance seeing as you are before me! lol

Fantasic news..... :thumbs:

Timeline

Thankyou!!! I will call DOS a few weeks after Riggs sends in the packet 3... Whenever THAT happens.... :wacko:

He still hasnt sent stuff? Better get on that Skype and get after him! lol.

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Timeline
Just got my interview date through - week today, 9th October at 9.30am...

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Dyfed

Holy ####### thats fast! lol...i'm so jealous!

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

I know!!! It seems like each day that goes by, only one phone call can be made, or one step taken. I am going crazy here. Literally.

:wacko:

April 30th 09: Verification that I-129F was delivered to CSC!

May 12th 09: NOA1!

May 15th 09: Check cashed

Aug 13th 09: *NOA2!*

Aug 18th 09: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Aug 21st 09: NVC Received

Aug 24th 09: NVC Approved!

Aug 27th 09: London received

Sep 11th 09: Packet 3 received

Nov 10th 09: Mailed packet 3.

Nov 12th 09: Packet 3 delivered.

Nov 17th 09: Medical

Dec 7th 09: Interview Scheduled.

Dec 17th 09: Interview Approved!

Dec 30th 09: Visa Printed!

Jan 6th 10: POE Dallas!

Feb 6th 10: Wedding!

event.png

Timeline

I know!!! It seems like each day that goes by, only one phone call can be made, or one step taken. I am going crazy here. Literally.

:wacko:

Maybe I'm out of place here, but I'm the UK citizen, and a guy, and I had my medical, and ALL paperwork sorted way before I even received my Packet 3. Actually had my medical 3 days before London even acknowledged they had my app - so was a bit risky but quite frankly I can't wait to get over and be with Britt (and my daughter of course!!...)

Like i said, maybe it isn't my place to say but I'm pretty sure most VJers are thinking the same thing, tell him to get off his #######!! How long has he had the packet 3??? Sent my forms in before i even got the hard copy in the post!

I am moving near Portland, just inside WA state, before moving to Seattle next year.

Dyfed

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-05

Medical: 2009-09-11

Packet 3 Received: 2009-09-18

Interview Date: 2009-10-09 - APPROVED!!!

Visa Received: 2009-10-15

US Entry: 2008-10-22, Flight booked MAN>PDX

Wedding Day : 2009-12-21

Timeline

I think in Chaz and Riggs case maybe the beneficiary may be a bit depressed about the process, I know Nigel got a bit depressed waiting for to get out of the 30 day AP in the NVC and also having that 90 day NOA2 wait...I had to keep his hopes high and maybe its the same case here....we're always on VJ and looking stuff up and sometimes these guys dont have it in them....in Britt and Duv's case he's got not only a new wife and a young baby waiting for him and I totally get the motivation!! I donno.

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Filed: Timeline

Do you think it is necessary to wait to have my police certificate in hand before mailing off packet 3 for my K1 interview? I also haven't received my physical packet 3 despite getting noa2 on the 14th August. The embassy have my stuff though, I phoned them and they gave me a web link to follow. Aside from the police certificate i'm pretty much good to go. Cheers for any input. I know this is impatient but i'm sure everyone here can relate to that!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am waitting for p4 they recevied it on 6th 2009 and now more one month and not see anything, i'm nervous i only want to be with him right now oh seem i wrote wrong day on detail timeline should i tell them now it or wait until interviewing and give them a new copy by my signature..

Timeline
Do you think it is necessary to wait to have my police certificate in hand before mailing off packet 3 for my K1 interview? I also haven't received my physical packet 3 despite getting noa2 on the 14th August. The embassy have my stuff though, I phoned them and they gave me a web link to follow. Aside from the police certificate i'm pretty much good to go. Cheers for any input. I know this is impatient but i'm sure everyone here can relate to that!

We mailed our packet 3, before having police cert in hand. We sent in the police cert request abt 2 weeks ago, so hopefully that will be in the mail this week

GREEN CARD WOO HOO : June 21, 2010

VISA RECEIVED : December 4th, 2009

Met Online: August 2008

Met In Person: March 2009, I flew to London

Noa1: April 23, 2009

August 2009: Tom came to New York for 29 days, through JFK, no problems, no questions.

Noa2: August 26, 2009, yay, while he was here!!!

Packet 3: Sept. 19, 2009

Mailed Packet 3: Oct. 2, 2009, Royal Mail Special Delivery, pthhh

Embassy Received: October 8, 2009, I called DOS: 202 663 1225, press 1, then 0, spoke to pleasant man, and I have been calling daily, they've said that he is qualified and it's just a matter of setting interview date.

Medical: October 14, 2009

Packet 4:mailed Monday, October 19, 2009 and Received: Sat. October 24, 2009

Interview: November 30, 2009

POE: JFK, December 7, 2009, no Temp Work Auth stamp

Marriage: December 31, 2009

Social Security Card: Jan 15, 2010

See Timeline for more details

We mailed our packet 3, before having police cert in hand. We sent in the police cert request abt 2 weeks ago, so hopefully that will be in the mail this week

Again - what if there is an error on the certificate and you need to get it changed? What if it gets lost in the mail and you need to get a new one?

There are MANY things which can go wrong, and it's a headache trying to decide to reschedule the interview if you don't have everything by the time it comes around.

Just wait until it's in your hand.

For those who are getting ready - order your police cert early, then you don't have to be having this conversation at all -- the things are good for a whole year!!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

Another day, another DoS call, another "no interview date scheduled" status :(

Zach and Sarah's abridged timeline

K-1

03-19-09 - I-129F mailed to CSC

03-23-09 - NOA1 (electronic)

07-22-09 - NOA2

10-21-09 - Interview

11-09-09 - POE (Chicago O'Hare)

12-19-09 - Wedding

AOS

02-05-10 - Mailed I-485

02-06-10 - I-485 Received at Chicago lockbox

02-12-10 - NOA1 (received e-mail and text on 2-12)

02-13-10 - NOA1 hard copy

02-20-10 - Biometrics letter received

03-03-10 - Transferred to CSC (received in post 3-6)

03-10-10 - Biometrics appointment

04-08-10 - Touch

04-15-10 - Touch

04-16-10 - Touch

04-20-10 - Approved!

04-20-10 - Card production ordered

04-26-10 - GC received in mail (done with USCIS for almost two years!)

Removal of Conditions

03-23-12 - Mailed I-751

03-26-12 - NOA1

04-13-12 - Biometrics letter received

05-07-12 - Biometrics

10-10-12 - Approved!

10-10-12 - Card production ordered

10-12-12 - Card mailed

10-15-12 - Card received!

Timeline

Our file has been sent to the London Embassy but DOS cannot confirm that it has been received. Do we need to wait for David to schedule the medical or send in the paperwork from packet 3 before we know that it is there? My main concern is that he goes to the medical and they send the results to the Embassy and our file hasn't been entered into the system yet. Should that be a concern? Also, I have noticed that people can track the package but they will not give me a tracking number. How long does it typically take for the package to show that it has been received by the Embassy? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.