MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Is there a time limit that we have to return Packet 3? We were waiting to send the forms and checklist all back together once we received the police cert. Thanks.

There isn't an actual written time-limit per say, but it is best to submit it as soon as you are prepared. Specifically, London is good at assigning interview dates within a month of receiving packet 3, so you don't have to worry about getting a very late interview date if you submit it later than you wished to. But, for example, if 2-3 months pass from the embassy sending out the packet 3 to you, it is a good idea to start submitting the packet 3 documents as soon as you are ready, meaning send in all the forms and hold on to the checklist until you have the police certificate. This is just so that the embassy knows you are not neglecting your file and they work on it at a slower pace, but nevertheless they do work on it. The embassy sent you packet 3 on Oct 06, 09 as your time-line shows, so you don't have to worry about a time limit for sending back packet 3 response forms/documents until December 09 rolls around and you haven't sent a single thing to the embassy (which I am sure won't be the case with you guys since you are only waiting on the police certificate).

Thank you for the info. He is coming in 5 days to visit so I am giving him the support form and all my documents plus any additional "ongoing relationship" stuff. Then as soon as we receive the police cert (assuming everything is correct), he would send stuff asap. :) So excited to see him. :luv: We are first meeting in Chicago so I can take him to the location for our wedding, reception, introducing him to aunts & uncles and we are doing some cake tasting. :dance: Then we are coming back to Dallas.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, England

I-129F Sent : Jul 10, 2009, Fri (wonderful day); I-129F Recvd: Jul 11, 2009, Sat

Check being cashed: Jul 15, 2009, Wed (whoo hoo, in the process)

I-129F NOA1 : Jul 13, 2009 (date on letter); I-129F NOA1: July 20, 2009 (day letter actually arrived)

Victoria went to England: Aug 29 - Sep 7

I-129F RFE(s) : none, awesome; I-129F NOA2 : Sep 21, 2009

Craigy went to US: Oct 16 - Oct 24

NVC Left : Sep 25, 2009

Packet 3 Sent to Craigy: Oct 6, 2009 (per DOS), Oct 9, 2009 Craigy recvd; Sent out Nov 16; Eligible for Interview: Nov 25 (per DOS)

Victoria going to England: Dec 25 - Jan 4 Interview while Victoria is visiting Paul. Dec 29, 2009 8 am Success. Jan 3, 2009 Courier dropped off Passport with Visa

Craigy Enters US: March 31st

Marriage: May 1, 2010

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the info. He is coming in 5 days to visit so I am giving him the support form and all my documents plus any additional "ongoing relationship" stuff. Then as soon as we receive the police cert (assuming everything is correct), he would send stuff asap. :) So excited to see him. :luv: We are first meeting in Chicago so I can take him to the location for our wedding, reception, introducing him to aunts & uncles and we are doing some cake tasting. :dance: Then we are coming back to Dallas.

Sounds great! :thumbs:

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi Everyone, I have a question and I can't seem to find the right answer. According to the instructions on the police certificate it says that you need a certificate from every country that you have lived in for more than 12 months. Therefore I need a police check for the 3 years I lived in the US. I researched the topic on VJ and people are saying that you don't need one for the US because they do their own background check on you but it was in reply to a 6 month stay here. I'm currently here til Saturday on vacation and really need to get it sorted before I leave.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so I would be really greatful if you can point in the right direction.

thanks

Amanda :blink:

K1
12.1.09 interview - APPROVED!!!
12.21.09 wedding

AOS
12.22.09 Application sent overnight
6.22.10 Green Card approved

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.02.13 Application received

04.20.13 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi Everyone, I have a question and I can't seem to find the right answer. According to the instructions on the police certificate it says that you need a certificate from every country that you have lived in for more than 12 months. Therefore I need a police check for the 3 years I lived in the US. I researched the topic on VJ and people are saying that you don't need one for the US because they do their own background check on you but it was in reply to a 6 month stay here. I'm currently here til Saturday on vacation and really need to get it sorted before I leave.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so I would be really greatful if you can point in the right direction.

thanks

Amanda :blink:

I was under the impression that you don't need police certificates from the USA. I think they do those checks as part of the petition approval but I'm not 100% sure.

Also, on a side note, Sarah got her interview letter in the post today which confirms the date that DoS told us last week. Interestingly, she also got a letter from the embassy requesting that she bring info on her past J-1 to the interview. Weird because she did the J-1 through London as well, you'd think that they could just pull that up on the computer. Anyway, all she needs really is to fill out some form and to bring in her visa form that says that she's not subject to the two year rule. Hope this won't land her in AP :(

Zach and Sarah's abridged timeline

K-1

03-19-09 - I-129F mailed to CSC

03-23-09 - NOA1 (electronic)

07-22-09 - NOA2

10-21-09 - Interview

11-09-09 - POE (Chicago O'Hare)

12-19-09 - Wedding

AOS

02-05-10 - Mailed I-485

02-06-10 - I-485 Received at Chicago lockbox

02-12-10 - NOA1 (received e-mail and text on 2-12)

02-13-10 - NOA1 hard copy

02-20-10 - Biometrics letter received

03-03-10 - Transferred to CSC (received in post 3-6)

03-10-10 - Biometrics appointment

04-08-10 - Touch

04-15-10 - Touch

04-16-10 - Touch

04-20-10 - Approved!

04-20-10 - Card production ordered

04-26-10 - GC received in mail (done with USCIS for almost two years!)

Removal of Conditions

03-23-12 - Mailed I-751

03-26-12 - NOA1

04-13-12 - Biometrics letter received

05-07-12 - Biometrics

10-10-12 - Approved!

10-10-12 - Card production ordered

10-12-12 - Card mailed

10-15-12 - Card received!

I was under the impression that you don't need police certificates from the USA. I think they do those checks as part of the petition approval but I'm not 100% sure.

Also, on a side note, Sarah got her interview letter in the post today which confirms the date that DoS told us last week. Interestingly, she also got a letter from the embassy requesting that she bring info on her past J-1 to the interview. Weird because she did the J-1 through London as well, you'd think that they could just pull that up on the computer. Anyway, all she needs really is to fill out some form and to bring in her visa form that says that she's not subject to the two year rule. Hope this won't land her in AP :(

You don't need police certificates from the USA.

Did Sarah overstay her J-1? If she never had any problems immigration-wise with her J-1, then it should be no problem at the interview. They do see all the information on their systems, maybe they just want to ask her a few questions about it which is no big deal. Hopefully she won't be put in AP, don't stress!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

thank you for the information. I too am worried about my J1 visa. I've just researched the web and found that I don't think I'm subject to the 2 year home residency agreement as UK is not on the skills list. My worry though is that I no longer have my DS2019 paper that goes with the J1 and I can't get a replacement. Do you think this will be a problem?

sorry to be a pain...i'm in over drive with worry right now!

K1
12.1.09 interview - APPROVED!!!
12.21.09 wedding

AOS
12.22.09 Application sent overnight
6.22.10 Green Card approved

ROC

Oct 2012

Naturalization

04.02.13 Application received

04.20.13 Biometrics

Timeline

You don't need police certificates from the USA.

Did Sarah overstay her J-1? If she never had any problems immigration-wise with her J-1, then it should be no problem at the interview. They do see all the information on their systems, maybe they just want to ask her a few questions about it which is no big deal. Hopefully she won't be put in AP, don't stress!

She did not overstay her J-1, I think they're just trying to make sure she isn't subject to the 2-year foreign residency rule. Her passport alone should prove that she didn't overstay even one day beyond the grace period.

Zach and Sarah's abridged timeline

K-1

03-19-09 - I-129F mailed to CSC

03-23-09 - NOA1 (electronic)

07-22-09 - NOA2

10-21-09 - Interview

11-09-09 - POE (Chicago O'Hare)

12-19-09 - Wedding

AOS

02-05-10 - Mailed I-485

02-06-10 - I-485 Received at Chicago lockbox

02-12-10 - NOA1 (received e-mail and text on 2-12)

02-13-10 - NOA1 hard copy

02-20-10 - Biometrics letter received

03-03-10 - Transferred to CSC (received in post 3-6)

03-10-10 - Biometrics appointment

04-08-10 - Touch

04-15-10 - Touch

04-16-10 - Touch

04-20-10 - Approved!

04-20-10 - Card production ordered

04-26-10 - GC received in mail (done with USCIS for almost two years!)

Removal of Conditions

03-23-12 - Mailed I-751

03-26-12 - NOA1

04-13-12 - Biometrics letter received

05-07-12 - Biometrics

10-10-12 - Approved!

10-10-12 - Card production ordered

10-12-12 - Card mailed

10-15-12 - Card received!

Timeline

So p.o'd we dont have a bloody interview yet...phoned them today....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHH...

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
So p.o'd we dont have a bloody interview yet...phoned them today....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHH...

:)

Hang in there... here's hoping you get word back soon. You get the interview and we get out of AP. Fingers crossed for you and prayers aplenty. Malena & Paul :)

Timeline

:)

Hang in there... here's hoping you get word back soon. You get the interview and we get out of AP. Fingers crossed for you and prayers aplenty. Malena & Paul :)

Yes, definately, we were in AP for 30 days...was total #######...

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

I phoned the US Embassy last Friday and was told that my petition had been sent to the London Embassy on the 5/10 it is now the 14/10 and im wondering if i should email the London Embassy as i have not yet received packet 3. Any thoughts? Should i leave it a bit longer or email them?

Thanks

AOS Visa Journey

28/06/2010 - POE Chicago 28th June 2010

10/09/2010 - Married in ATL, GA

05/10/2010 - Sent AOS Package to USCIS

06/10/2010 - AOS Package received at Chicago Lockbox

14/10/2010 - Email/Text sent from USCIS to say they had received our AOS and NOA1 was in the mail

18/10/2010 - NOA1 Received via Mail

22/10/2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/11/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

18/12/2010 - Letter received for interview appointment

21/12/2010 - Received EAD and AP

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

03/25/2011 - Green Card Received

I phoned the US Embassy last Friday and was told that my petition had been sent to the London Embassy on the 5/10 it is now the 14/10 and im wondering if i should email the London Embassy as i have not yet received packet 3. Any thoughts? Should i leave it a bit longer or email them?

Thanks

I think that you should give them until Monday, maybe they haven't put your file in the system yet. You can always call DOS and find out whether London has put your case in the system, sent out packet 3, or assigned you an interview date. The # for Department of State (DOS) is 202-663-1225, press 1, then 0 to speak to a DOS rep.

Thanks

I think that you should give them until Monday, maybe they haven't put your file in the system yet. You can always call DOS and find out whether London has put your case in the system, sent out packet 3, or assigned you an interview date. The # for Department of State (DOS) is 202-663-1225, press 1, then 0 to speak to a DOS rep.

Brilliant! Thanks, i didn't realise i could find that out. I will wait until Moday and then call the DOS if i have not heard anything.

AOS Visa Journey

28/06/2010 - POE Chicago 28th June 2010

10/09/2010 - Married in ATL, GA

05/10/2010 - Sent AOS Package to USCIS

06/10/2010 - AOS Package received at Chicago Lockbox

14/10/2010 - Email/Text sent from USCIS to say they had received our AOS and NOA1 was in the mail

18/10/2010 - NOA1 Received via Mail

22/10/2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/11/2010 - Biometrics Appointment

18/12/2010 - Letter received for interview appointment

21/12/2010 - Received EAD and AP

21/01/2011 - Interview!

AOS APPROVED!

03/25/2011 - Green Card Received

Timeline

Yes, phoning the DOS is handy. I forgot to ask them yesterday WHEN the London consulate received and logged our petition so I called today and found out that they logged us on Oct 8th, so we have a little bit before a interview...but still....i'm just PO'd cause a friend on VJ had theirs logged Oct 1st and their interview is Oct 21st, talk about LUCKY. ARRRGH.

b2gel0s1sc.png

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.