MARM

People between NOA2 and Interview ~2009~

2,003 posts in this topic

I think there was a thread like this in 2008, so I am creating one for this year 2009. All those of us that are interviewing in London or have their SO interviewing in London...this is where to discuss tracking your case from NVC onwards and interview preparations.

:)

I got my NOA2 just yesterday so I think if I call NVC on Monday, they should have some record of me by then.

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us that do not know, this is how you track your package from NVC to the Embassy

Tracking Tips:

You can track your package from NVC by using DHL's website. Once NVC tells you when the package was sent, you can go to DHL's website and "track by reference." You type in EXP FEB 10 (or whatever the sent date was) and it will bring up a whole list of items sent by the NVC that day. It's a bit of guesswork, but since only one package was sent to the UK on the day the NVC said they sent it, I can somewhat safely assume those are our documents. (Credit goes to Terri and Seb for giving me this tip :) )

Useful Phone Numbers:

NVC

Phone #: 603 334-0700

Email: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Department of State

BEST WAY and FREE CALL, they have all records of when petition is sent out from NVC to embassy and also have records of when embassy sends out/receives packet 3, 4, etc.

Easier to get a hold of than calling the US Embassy in London (and does not take a wad out of your pocket!)

Dept of State (DOS)

(202) 663-1225 press 1, then 0 for a live person

------------

US Embassy in London:

Callers from within UK: 09042-450100. Calls to this line are charged at £1.20/min

Callers from within US: 1-866-382-3589. Callers are charged a fixed rate of $16:00 for up to 7 minutes

As you can see from the ridiculous rates above ^, the best way to contact the US Embassy in London is by email:

LondonConsular@state.gov

-------------

UK Embassy in the USA:

In case you need to contact them if you cannot get a response from USEM in London or DOS

Phone number: +12026631225 don't forget press 1 then press 0

----------------

Edited by MARM

Congratulations on your approval!

You could try ringing, but can sometimes take a good few days. Plus, it's the weekend.

Thank you!

I am going to wait until Monday to call :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yay Marm, so happy for you :D I hope your case gets through NVC nice and fast. I sent Packet 3 back yesterday. Now for the long wait til the interview. :D

Application Status

-----------

Package sent : 1st August 2008

I-129F received : 6th August 2008

NOA1 received : 14th August 2008

NOA2 received : 6th January 2009

NOA2 hard copy: 10th January 2009

NVC received: 8th January 2009

Case left NVC: 12th January 2009

Consulate recieved: 26th January 2009

Packet 3 recieved: 30th January 2009

Packet 3 sent back: 5th February 2009

Medical: 23rd February 2009

Packet 4 recieved: 5th March 2009

Interview: 27th March 2009

US entry: 6th April 2009

Marriage: 4th May 2009

AOS filed: 9th July 2009

Biometrics appointment: 15th August 2009

Case transferred to CSC: 25th September

AOS Approved: 3rd November 2009

2 Year Green card recieved: 9th November 2009

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

There is an interview thread, but I suppose it's better if anyone has any specific questions to ask them here.

There is an interview thread, but I suppose it's better if anyone has any specific questions to ask them here.

This thread is for pple between NOA2 and interview...so I hope I am not taking over your thread, because that is NOT what I wanted to do.... :blush:

I thought the interview thread was for pple who are interviewing and post-interview experiences, reviews and updates on who is interviewed and what the result is.

:) Both threads go hand in hand.

Yay Marm, so happy for you :D I hope your case gets through NVC nice and fast. I sent Packet 3 back yesterday. Now for the long wait til the interview. :D

How long is the wait until the interview after sending packet 3 back?

Timeline

According to the K1 flowchart, 1 month and a week, but timelines differ obviously. Some people had theirs 3 weeks after sending back Packet 3, and others, 3 months. Can only hope it'll be quick. :thumbs:

Application Status

-----------

According to the K1 flowchart, 1 month and a week, but timelines differ obviously. Some people had theirs 3 weeks after sending back Packet 3, and others, 3 months. Can only hope it'll be quick. :thumbs:

I do believe it is much quicker for us UK pple than the K-1 flowchart predicts. According to immigration time-lines here on VJ, the average wait time for UK filers between NVC and interview is 61 days. And this includes the time it takes from NVC to the embassy and then sending out packet 3, the embassy receiving the response, and of course, the medical. So that is a great average! Hopefully we don't have issues with AP @ NVC and we get to the embassy stage of the process by the middle of this month!

Edited by MARM

Timeline

This thread is for pple between NOA2 and interview...so I hope I am not taking over your thread, because that is NOT what I wanted to do.... :blush:

I thought the interview thread was for pple who are interviewing and post-interview experiences, reviews and updates on who is interviewed and what the result is.

:) Both threads go hand in hand.

I wasn't making it sound you were taking over the interview thread, sorry if it came out that way :blush:

This thread is a good idea though as lots of similar questions get asked in the interview thread, and it would be better if they were all covered here in one place. That way the interview thead is free for people to announce their dates and news.

Edited by Laura+Tom

I wasn't making it sound you were taking over the interview thread, sorry if it came out that way :blush:

This thread is a good idea though as lots of similar questions get asked in the interview thread, and it would be better if they were all covered here in one place so the interview thead is free for people to announce their dates and news.

Oh actually I thought you felt that I was taking over your thread :blush:

Don't be sorry though! I can't wait until we get an interview date, then I will be all over your thread! :yes:

I have a question regarding police certificates.

My fiance (the one interviewing in London, I am the USC) is a Pakistani citizen in London on UK student visa, so that is the reason he will be interviewing there for his K-1. He got his police certificate for UK in Dec 08, it will still be valid, right? And he just got his Pakistani police certificate done yesterday, that takes a while so he applied for it a month ago (average time is 3 months to get one) and he will get it mailed to him in the next week or so. Both police certificates will be valid for the interview, correct? (Granted, IF the interview is within the next 2 months hopefully, fingers crossed! :star: )

Timeline

The UK one is valid for 12 months for immigration purposes. I'm not sure about the Pakistani one though.

Timeline

I do believe it is much quicker for us UK pple than the K-1 flowchart predicts. According to immigration time-lines here on VJ, the average wait time for UK filers between NVC and interview is 61 days. And this includes the time it takes from NVC to the embassy and then sending out packet 3, the embassy receiving the response, and of course, the medical. So that is a great average! Hopefully we don't have issues with AP @ NVC and we get to the embassy stage of the process by the middle of this month!

Reeeally hope so. I'm waiting for my approval and I'll be booking my flight for a few days after if all goes to plan :thumbs:

Application Status

-----------

The UK one is valid for 12 months for immigration purposes. I'm not sure about the Pakistani one though.

Thanks! I figured out the Pakistani one, valid for 6 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.