nygatl

Visa Fraud

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I married a woman from China 2 weeks after she arrived here from china... she became very difficult once married. Calling me names and talking to people she just met about me.

Anyway, she left after 4 weeks of marriage. I beleive she went to San Francisco, where she went to school. She has a master's degree.

She will not give me an address where she is. I beleive she will say I abused her. I did not abuse her or call her names. I beleive she verbally abused me... But I feel she only came here to get a visa. She pent my money once here and many other things. She was only here for 6 weeks and she left.

I would like to divorce her, but I don't know where she is so I can't serve papers on her. An annullment is not possible, the lenght of a marriage is not a reason for annullment. She insists on serving me papers.

I was hoping someone versed inlaw of Georgia could give me some advice

I married a woman from China 2 weeks after she arrived here from china... she became very difficult once married. Calling me names and talking to people she just met about me.

Anyway, she left after 4 weeks of marriage. I beleive she went to San Francisco, where she went to school. She has a master's degree.

She will not give me an address where she is. I beleive she will say I abused her. I did not abuse her or call her names. I beleive she verbally abused me... But I feel she only came here to get a visa. She pent my money once here and many other things. She was only here for 6 weeks and she left.

I would like to divorce her, but I don't know where she is so I can't serve papers on her. An annullment is not possible, the lenght of a marriage is not a reason for annullment. She insists on serving me papers.

If you feel you were duped, then why isn't annulment appropriate? Consult a family lawyer in your state. He/she will most likely advise you that there is a process to get a judgment of divorce (perhaps even an annulment) when the whereabouts of the spouse is unknown.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

nygatl,

Someone versed in family law in Georgia can give you some advice - but you're unlikely to find such person here on VJ.

Take TracyTN's advice and find a divorce lawyer in Georgia.

Yodrak

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I don't know much about this, but I thought there was a law that you can divorce someone after some period of time of not hearing from them (assuming you dont know where they reside). Maybe you can look into that. Also I think you should notify immigration about your situation. Does she have a ss number? They may try to track her down with that.

K3

10-xx-04 I129 sent

05-xx-05 NOA1 from USCIS - Aproved - Abandoned for Cr1

CR1

11-15-04 I-130 sent

12-10-04 NOA 1 fee changed had to resend info with new fee

12-11-04 Resend case with new fee

02-14-05 NOA 2 I-130 Case aproved and sent to NVC

02-25-05 NVC received case

03-21-05 Received I-864 fee bill

03-22-05 Sent $70 I-864 payment to

04-16-05 Received IV fee bill

04-17-05 Sent $ 380 IV payment to NVC

05-02-05 Received I-864 packet from NVC

05-02-05 Sent I-864 packet to NVC

05-11-05 NVC received IV payment

05-16-05 NVC sent third packet

05-25-05 Received DS-230 and third packet instructions

06-06-05 NVCReceived DS-230 per fed ex confirmation

06-07-05 NVC Enters DS-230 information in system

waiting waiting waiting

06-20-05 Case Completed!!!!!!!yipee.

waiting for interview date.............

7-26-05 Baby born!!!! yaya

8-15-05 Interview set for 9-29-05

9-29-05 Interview suck they want more proof

10-20-05 second interview

10-24-05 yaya haleloujhya finally got it.

10-28-05 going to meet husband in New York. yayayaya

10-30-05 Home!!!!

Lifting Conditions

7-28-07 Mailed form I751 and supporting documents. $275 (Old fee!!!!!Yipee!!!)

8-17-07 Check cleared my account.

8-20-07 Touched

8-30-07 Received Biometric apointment letter.

9-11-07 Biometrics Apointment

9-22-07 Received letter of approval

9-24-07 Received GC Whoo hoo done for 10 years!!!

09-20-09 Sent N-400 for Citizenship

11-01-09 Bio

01-11-10 Passed Interview

01-16-10 Received notice for swearing in ceremony

02-03-10 Swearing in ceremony

Sorry to hear of your situation. With the new law about battered spouses in immigration I can see the increase of something like this happening. I hope you are able to resolve this quickly

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I didn't know that was a new law, how new is it ? My husband has also left our home after putting me thru much stress. After he first left, he sent me e-mail saying that I'm a abrusive person and that it's well documented.

That just let's you know that men also can file the abrusive spouse claim. I don't know if my husband did file or not because he won't talk to me, and he now ignores infant child. I'm not a lawyer but what I did first was call the 1-800 number and spoke with a officer, I also called the ICE division and explained all that was going on and both had some really good advise.

Just as they made that abrusive law for immigrants there also a way for them to determine the truth.

I my oppinion and remember I'm not a lawyer, and not trying to give advise, but I think the best thing she did for you to prove your case was to leave, especially if she doesen't have any police reports stating you hit her, or such. If you look into the I-360 you will see that they have to be able to prove their case, and lip service alone by them won't cut it.

Just thank God that you found out her true colors before it was too late. I hope that you didn't file AOS for her, if so then it may be a little harder for you to send her home where you got her from. I wish you the best and encourage you to fight this and send her happy body back where you got her from.

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

The first thing you need to do is write a letter and sign it at the Notary.. Make sure in your letter to USCIS you state that after 4 weeks she ran away from home.. Make sure you state to them what she did and that you DID NOT abuse her.... I hope there is no police reports made on you. So make sure there are no complaints at the police station or restraining orders from her against you.

In your letter, request to withdraw your petition for the I-130..... By law if the marriage terminates before the I-130 is approved.. She must leave the U.S..... NO matter what she says is irrelevant.... So withdraw your petition... the AOS will automatically be denied..... Once you do this...

Make sure you keep a copy of the letter you send to INS.... You can mail your withdrawl petition to the Local INS Office in your area.... Do NOT inform her of what you are doing.. If you do... She will make a police report of abuse against you and try to make a case for herself...

Once you do this... You can do a divorce by publication... Give the last known address on your divorce petition where she was living.... Give them a friend house you know of her... What they do is run the divorce AD in the newspaper for ONE MONTH... If she does not respond...... The court automatically grants you the divorce..... You can file this yourself or pay a lawyer to do it in your town.. Make sure you ask for a divorce by publication.... If they ask you where she is.. Say you do not know.... Just give them a phone number where you last talked to her.. in your town.....

Thats all you have to do....

You will be divorced in 2 months... and she will be forced to move out of the U.S.... No visa or nothing for her....... DO NOT TELL HER NOTHING ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING.. IF YOU CAN... GO TO YOUR LOCAL INS OFFICE AND FILE IT IN PERSON .. .. IF IT IS TOO FAR FOR YOU TO TRAVEL THEN MAIL THE WITHDRAWL PETITION TO YOUR LOCAL INS OFFICE BY CERTIFIED MAIL SO YOU KNOW THE SIGNED FOR IT AND RECEIVED IT...

nygatl,

The same thing that happened to you, I lived with my now enstranged ex-wife. It worked for me and she ended having to leave the US voluntarily with NO GC in hand, nor nothing. Although she at first put me through hell by falsely accusing me of domestic violence, at the end I proved her wrong and she eventually had to drop all charges.

Make sure you consult an Immigration atty., then retain one that only specializes in Family Law. If you can find one that covers both fields, even better.

Follow scorpio232's advice. He's on the right track.

This is opportunity for the cheapest divorce on the books. If you cant just have an annulment, and you cant get ahold of her, there is a way.

Simply put a legal notice in the paper for a period of 30 days. If she does not respond you can take that to a judge yourself and you are automatically divorce, at least in the state of Illinois it is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Post your situation on the Candle for Love web site. Everyone there has a Chinese SO and I have found them to have a wealth of information.

I-130 (CR-1)

06-20-05 I-130 sent USPS Express to VT SC

06-24-05 CSC rec'd.

06-28-05 NOA1 Notice date(I-797C)

07-05-05 Rec'd notice

07-20-05 I-130 appr'd (never got e-mail notif.?)

08-15-05 Sent pre-signed DS-3032 (w/handwritten case number instead of barcode) USPS Express

08-15-05 I-864 bill and $65 sent Snail Mail

08-22-05 DS-3032 accepted.

09-03-05 I-864 received in mail (Saturday of Labor day Holiday Weekend!!!) (postmarked 08-31)

09-06-05 Sent I-864 USPS Next Day Air

09-07-05 I-864 delivered to NVC NH 10:55 am (S MERIFIELD)

09-14-05 IV fee of $380 sent USPS Express

09-15-05 IV fee bill delivered to NVC MO 11:36 am (H HORN)

09-19-05 IV fee entered in NVC system

09-26-05 DS-230 generated

09-26-05 DS-230 sent Next Day Air

09-27-05 DS-230 NVC at 3:24 pm (S MERIFIELD)

09-27-05 I-864 entered in NVC system

10-05-05 DS-230 entered in NVC system

10-21-05 CASE COMPLETED!!!(115 days from NOA1)

10-30-05 Case forwarded to embassy in GUZ

01-09-06 Case entered into GUZ system.

01-10-06 Second name check completed and embassy informed me that we are now eligable for an interview.

Going to visit my beloved Lao Po for a month - from December 15th, 2005 to January 14th, 2006.

XX-XX-0X P4

XX-XX-0X Interview date

XX-XX-0X Expected arrival date

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A great site for those with loved ones in China...

http://candleforlove.com/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm not a lawyer, but don't rule out filing for annulment based on fraud. Speak to a divorce lawyer and tell him you want annulment based on fraud. Also, contact USCIS and let them know she is no longer staying with you and has refused to provide you with an address.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.