3,045 posts in this topic

hello everyone.im now getting all the evidences for my VAWA case.im in removal proceedings.i have a 9 months old baby.i left the house and spent 3 weeks in emergency shelter for domestic violence together w the baby.i am still married to USC ,but already applied for divorce.we were married for 4 years.i dont know what my chances are.here is what i have to prove the abuse.

no police report,cause i just left the house and went to the shelter 150 miles away from the city i lived + i was really scared that i wont be able to prove to police, but he would tell the social services to take the baby,since by myself i cant afford everything he needs

so what i have: letter from the shelter

letter from my case manager that she aware of the situation and trying to help me

therapist letter w phychological evaluation

records from the emergency room that i was pushed by my husband and fell down the stairs,and my xray of the head to determine

injuries( nothing serious was found)

social worker i was seeking help in a shelter,letter from her

another doctor evaluation,the one who reffered me to the emergency room,saying that due to the domestic violence i had health problems

letter from the child protective services that my husband is not allowed to contact the baby for 30 days (shelter informed them)

councelor letter that im attending domestic violence support group

witness statement( 2 of them)

my 15 pages statement

i found that im pregnant when i alredy left my husband,but i got a miscarriage

( so letter from the doctor stating the miscarriage)

PLUS MY BABY IS SICK,HE HAS SOME CONGENITAL ANOMALIES,AND TREATMENT HE IS GETTING IN US, WONT BE AFFORDABLE BACK HOME,THEY JUST DONT DO IT,MY LAWYER IS TRYING TO PROVE THE HARDSHIP.

PLZ ,WHAT DO U THINK,WHAT ARE MY CHANCES

Hi Vetra your evidence seems to me strong, however please make sure you also have enough evidence to prove good faith marriage.

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

Filed: Timeline
Hi Vetra your evidence seems to me strong, however please make sure you also have enough evidence to prove good faith marriage.

Thank you so much for reply.losting, i have lots of good faith proofs, 4 leases,3 joint tax returns,bills,pics,bank accounts,utility bills,credit cards,insurance,babys birth certificate.i got my police report for good moral also.

Thank you so much for reply.losting, i have lots of good faith proofs, 4 leases,3 joint tax returns,bills,pics,bank accounts,utility bills,credit cards,insurance,babys birth certificate.i got my police report for good moral also.

Sounds like you're all set and this should be a speedy approval

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello Everybody! Today I've gotten an e-mail from USCIS saying that my case was denied. They don't say why in e-mail so I'm waiting for actual mail. I don't know why it was a very strong case. If they were going to deny it why it took 13,5 month and why they issued 2 Prima Facies and why they sent a RFE. I've talked to my lawyer and she said that I have 30 days to appeal it. I was wondering if anybody's case got denied like mine and appealed it and got approved. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

04/19/2013 - Married to my U.S.Citizen wife

04/26/2013 - Mailed forms I-130, I-765 and I-485, received by USCIS 04/29/2013

05/06/2013 - Received NOA's for all three forms; all dated 05/01/2013

05/10/2013 - Received Biometrics appointment for 06/03/2013

05/22/2013 - Biometrics taken walk-in

05/21/2013 - Request for evidence (supporting docs for I-864, obtained a joint sponsor)

06/12/2013 - Response to request for evidence received

06/19/2013 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

06/26/2013 - Received an e-mail AOS interview date is 07/29/2013

06/28/2013 - NOA for interview date and time received in mail

07/29/2013 - ***I-485 INTERVIEW*** @12:15

08/05/2013- EAD Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

im very sorry about your news i knew how you fell after watting all this time i think they must send you NOID fIRST and they shoud give you the chanc to over turn your petition befor they issu the denial. if you think you have good chance of wining the appell and you have strong case go for it and her the link for people appell vawa go throu them and read all of them this may help you

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men..._Issued_in_2009

best of luck to you

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
Hello Everybody! Today I've gotten an e-mail from USCIS saying that my case was denied. They don't say why in e-mail so I'm waiting for actual mail. I don't know why it was a very strong case. If they were going to deny it why it took 13,5 month and why they issued 2 Prima Facies and why they sent a RFE. I've talked to my lawyer and she said that I have 30 days to appeal it. I was wondering if anybody's case got denied like mine and appealed it and got approved. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Hello there!

Sorry to read that, but do not give up.

My two cents: Winning an immigration appeal is much harder from what I have read in all denied appeals and from friends experiences. This is because you are now before folks who have spent years just digging out mistakes interpreting and ruling. They have little time for understanding or things like that-pretty much cutting the chase upfront.

What a friend advised me is: If they deny it, wait for whatever period they need and file again, filling the holes you had previously. A few people here have been denied, re-filed and won.

Note: All VAWA appeals as you will note had attorneys. And none of them helped them thru.

Once you appeal and are denied the appeal, you are done.

06/25/2009-Filed for VAWA

06/30/2009-Prima Facie Determination 180 days

11/06/2009-Changed Address online

11/13/2009-Touched

12/15/2009-Touched

12/16/2009-Prima facie renewed for 180 days.

12/23/2009-Touched

01/21/2009-Approved

02/18/2010-Applied for AOS/I-765 EXPRESS MAIL to Chicago

02/26/2010-NOA Receipt

03/01/2010-Touched

03/08/2010-Biometrics notice received

03/10/2010-Walk in Biometrics done.

03/10/2010-Touched

03/11/2010-Touched

03/29/2010-EAD card ordered

04/02/2010-EAD arrives. Employment begins.

03/30/2010-Interview Notice for 05/05/2010.

05/05/2010-Interview completed. Card ordered.

05/08/2010-Welcome letter received.

05/12/2010-Card ordered-Again!!

06/04/2010-Card Arrives in mail. PR since 05/05/2010-Interview date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thank you Yahya and Mulan Johns!

I also remember someone posted here a while ago saying that her/his case was denied in first time then refiled and approved. Do you guys remember that post, if so please let me know please I wanna keep in touch with that person.

04/19/2013 - Married to my U.S.Citizen wife

04/26/2013 - Mailed forms I-130, I-765 and I-485, received by USCIS 04/29/2013

05/06/2013 - Received NOA's for all three forms; all dated 05/01/2013

05/10/2013 - Received Biometrics appointment for 06/03/2013

05/22/2013 - Biometrics taken walk-in

05/21/2013 - Request for evidence (supporting docs for I-864, obtained a joint sponsor)

06/12/2013 - Response to request for evidence received

06/19/2013 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

06/26/2013 - Received an e-mail AOS interview date is 07/29/2013

06/28/2013 - NOA for interview date and time received in mail

07/29/2013 - ***I-485 INTERVIEW*** @12:15

08/05/2013- EAD Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone!!! i just got my internet hooked up again! i have 2 pms asking where i filed my i485 and i765...i filed them both at the chicago lockbox.....refer to my timeline for the time it took!! thankxxxx

08/09/2009 AOS APPROVED!!!

N400
2/7/2013 MAILED PACKAGE EXPRESS
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
2/24/2013 BIOMETRICS COMPLETED
2/27/2013 PLACED IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW
04/18/2013 INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

I am now a US CITIZEN!! THANK YOU JESUS!!

Hello everyone!

please help me to understand few things about vawa.

i filed in January 2007 i-360

1) why i didn't receive prima facie? and how to get prima facie?

2) they sent me RFE in march 2009

3) i moved and my RFE got lost

4) re-sent RFE in October 2009

5) i have sent them reply to RFE in January 2010

6) Vawa has been approved in 8 February BUT there is a mistake in my last name on NOA!!!!!!

what do i do now?

The NVC processes all approved immigrants visa petitions that need consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition to that consulate. - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? WHAT IS CONSULAR ACTION? WHAT IS CONSULATE?? PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME IN EASY WORDS.

The service has decided to place this case under deferred action, which is an administrative choice to give some cases lower priority for removal. Therefore, the service does not anticipate instituting action for removal at this time. - WHAT IS DEFERRED ACTION? AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN "FOR REMOVAL" WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO REMOVE?

Am i still able to receive prima facie? do i have to wait for any visa number(?), if i am broke, since i couldn't find normal job due to my condition not having a right for EAD, is there a way to waive fee of i-765 and i-485??

i am so confused!

when i got my approved NOA of VAWA, i thought the nightmare is over, but after i read this forum i realized that it's not(((

and the last question that have bothered me a lot.... am i still married? i know he filed for divorce, but i haven't heard from my husband since december 2006. i didn't get any final divorce paper or anything except the first papers that showed that he filed for divorce.

and the last last question. when i can apply for my state ID and Driver's License?

Thank you very much for your sincere replies, good luck with your cases and God Bless!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Hello everyone!

please help me to understand few things about vawa.

i filed in January 2007 i-360

1) why i didn't receive prima facie? and how to get prima facie?

2) they sent me RFE in march 2009

3) i moved and my RFE got lost

4) re-sent RFE in October 2009

5) i have sent them reply to RFE in January 2010

6) Vawa has been approved in 8 February BUT there is a mistake in my last name on NOA!!!!!!

what do i do now?

The NVC processes all approved immigrants visa petitions that need consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition to that consulate. - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? WHAT IS CONSULAR ACTION? WHAT IS CONSULATE?? PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME IN EASY WORDS.

The service has decided to place this case under deferred action, which is an administrative choice to give some cases lower priority for removal. Therefore, the service does not anticipate instituting action for removal at this time. - WHAT IS DEFERRED ACTION? AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN "FOR REMOVAL" WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO REMOVE?

Am i still able to receive prima facie? do i have to wait for any visa number(?), if i am broke, since i couldn't find normal job due to my condition not having a right for EAD, is there a way to waive fee of i-765 and i-485??

i am so confused!

when i got my approved NOA of VAWA, i thought the nightmare is over, but after i read this forum i realized that it's not(((

and the last question that have bothered me a lot.... am i still married? i know he filed for divorce, but i haven't heard from my husband since december 2006. i didn't get any final divorce paper or anything except the first papers that showed that he filed for divorce.

and the last last question. when i can apply for my state ID and Driver's License?

Thank you very much for your sincere replies, good luck with your cases and God Bless!

Hi;)

I've got the same by the way "The service has decided to place this case under deferred action, which is an administrative choice to give some cases lower priority for removal. Therefore, the service does not anticipate instituting action for removal at this time".......Honestly i don't know what does it mean:(I also was worried but then i had an interview for AOS and now i think that i have a GC my case is not under deferred action...but maybe I'm wrong?

Filed: Other Timeline

what do i do now?

u need to try to call the USCIS and inform them that they made a mistake in yr last name in yr approval notice and see what they say, maybe it is not that important coz it is not the green card it is just a paper:)

"The NVC processes all approved immigrants visa petitions that need consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition to that consulate. - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? WHAT IS CONSULAR ACTION? WHAT IS CONSULATE?? PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME IN EASY WORDS."

dont bother about NVC thats for approved petitons like finacee or spouse visas for people who will apply for those visas in thier countries overseas so THAT doesnt apply to you.

deffered action is for people who were married to permanent residents not to american citizens. Who is yr husband? if he USA citizen then immigration number will be available to u immediately so u will not have to wait for it. If he is just a permanent resident, u will wait for the immigration number and during that wait nobody will remove you from the country coz u have that paper for deffered action:)) HOPE, u understand what u wrote.:))))))

Prima Facie is when yr VAWA petition is pending, yours is approved so.... forget about prima facie:))))))))

try to vawe the fees for I-485, some people can, some not but worth a try:)

Probably u r still married coz u will receive the final divorce in post. or paper stating that the divorce took place and u can get the copy there and there. Does yr husband know yr postal address?

u can try apply for drivers licence with that deffered action paper. call the office and ask what documents u need to apply.

it is confusing, but has to be done, sooo good luck:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

event.png

Hi;)

I've got the same by the way "The service has decided to place this case under deferred action, which is an administrative choice to give some cases lower priority for removal. Therefore, the service does not anticipate instituting action for removal at this time".......Honestly i don't know what does it mean:(I also was worried but then i had an interview for AOS and now i think that i have a GC my case is not under deferred action...but maybe I'm wrong?

that's so unclear((( so hard to understand all those expressions... we are immigrants - at least make the understandable notes on NOA...

KoshkaMoshka, why did you have an interview? is that part of procedure or because of your case? and what's the interview about? what kind of questions they ask?

Thank you! I wish you good luck with your case! :)

what do i do now?

u need to try to call the USCIS and inform them that they made a mistake in yr last name in yr approval notice and see what they say, maybe it is not that important coz it is not the green card it is just a paper:)

"The NVC processes all approved immigrants visa petitions that need consular action. The NVC also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. It will then forward the approved petition to that consulate. - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? WHAT IS CONSULAR ACTION? WHAT IS CONSULATE?? PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME IN EASY WORDS."

dont bother about NVC thats for approved petitons like finacee or spouse visas for people who will apply for those visas in thier countries overseas so THAT doesnt apply to you.

deffered action is for people who were married to permanent residents not to american citizens. Who is yr husband? if he USA citizen then immigration number will be available to u immediately so u will not have to wait for it. If he is just a permanent resident, u will wait for the immigration number and during that wait nobody will remove you from the country coz u have that paper for deffered action:)) HOPE, u understand what u wrote.:))))))

Prima Facie is when yr VAWA petition is pending, yours is approved so.... forget about prima facie:))))))))

try to vawe the fees for I-485, some people can, some not but worth a try:)

Probably u r still married coz u will receive the final divorce in post. or paper stating that the divorce took place and u can get the copy there and there. Does yr husband know yr postal address?

u can try apply for drivers licence with that deffered action paper. call the office and ask what documents u need to apply.

it is confusing, but has to be done, sooo good luck:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thank you for trying to explain :))))

i just called uscis on 800 number and the guy, who answered first was kinda rude and said, that he can not answer any questions about my vawa approval NOA. that was weird! i got scared, that maybe something's wrong....

and then i called again. woman answered this time and she was super nice! answered all my questions and said that they are resending NOA if there is an error in emergency situations. Like if i am entering/exiting the country, or if it's stopping me from getting work or any other benefits.

in my case there is none of those situations, but i've asked to replace it anyways, because didn't want that error stand on my way of getting GC or applying for citizenship.

The lady gave me referral number and in 45 days they'll send without error.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.