3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Mona_Lisa (F)

Very happy for you!!! you made it through the end!!!

Very interesting question about remarry, I would like to know the correct answer , I knew that you couldn't get married if your VAWA was still pending and, I remember when I went to my interview the officer told me about the 3 years for the citizenship instead of 5 years

Happy Happy day for you!!!

Gabriela

Dear Friends,

You shouldn't remarry until you become a PR holder and also when your VAWA is in process as per the I-360 VAWA instruction from the uscis website. for more info see on the below link

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-360instr.pdf

I also have the question & answer about re-marry which is shown as below

Q. Can A Divorced Spouse Seek Relief By Filing A Form I-360?

A. Yes. Effective October 28, 2000, you may file a Form I-360 if the marriage was terminated within 2 years prior to the date of filing, if you can demonstrate a connection between the termination of the marriage and the battery or extreme cruelty. A battered spouse who cannot demonstrate such a connection may be eligible for battered spouse cancellation of removal. To qualify for battered spouse cancellation of removal, you must meet the other requirements that would be necessary for approval of a self-petition. In addition, you must have been physically present in the United States for 3 years immediately preceding the filing of the application for cancellation of removal, and you must demonstrate that your removal from the United States would result in extreme hardship to you or your child.

Your Form I-360 will be denied if you re-marry prior to the approval of the Form I-360. Remarriage after the Form I-360 has been approved will not affect the validity of the petition.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...000082ca60aRCRD

Regarding becoming citizen, OBOMA passed a new rule which I posted in this forum before that certain applicants are qualified for citizenship in 3 years and VAWA is under that category.

Congrats mona_lisa. I'm not sure on your question about if you remarry. I would think you would not be eligible for citizenship if you remarry but I may be wrong. By the way guys today I received my interview notice for 25th January 2010. Wish me luck. And just a very quick question, on the notice it states to bring your spouse's birth certificate or evidence of US citizenship, do I need to take that? Because I don't have it or even a copy of it.

Hi LostinNJ, like I said before, I'm about 2weeks ahead of you, Good luck on your upcoming interview.

I don't think we have to bring our spouse's bc or proof of usc, they already approved our petition.

I asked the paralegal about this, I will ask my lawyer as well just to be sure and I will let you know asap. Actually, in my case, my husband gave a copy of his birth certificate when we first went to the lawyer, this was before he showed his "true colors". My lawyer said that they don't have the bc anymore since they sent it w/ my I-360 application.

As for Mona, I'm happy that you found someone, I wish you all the best, considering what we all went through before getting to this point.

For me, I'm already in my 30's, I promised myself that I will NEVER put myself in a situation like where I was before. In January, if and when I get my GC, I will concentrate on empowering myself, to work hard and save enough so I could own a home, be self-sufficient and never need anyone ever

again. But that's just me.

I wish you all a joyous holiday and all the best for the coming year!

Timeline
Congrats mona_lisa. I'm not sure on your question about if you remarry. I would think you would not be eligible for citizenship if you remarry but I may be wrong. By the way guys today I received my interview notice for 25th January 2010. Wish me luck. And just a very quick question, on the notice it states to bring your spouse's birth certificate or evidence of US citizenship, do I need to take that? Because I don't have it or even a copy of it.

Dear lostinNJ,

I wish you ALL THE BEST for you GC interview and it will be a quick interview for you.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Hi LostinNJ, like I said before, I'm about 2weeks ahead of you, Good luck on your upcoming interview.

I don't think we have to bring our spouse's bc or proof of usc, they already approved our petition.

I asked the paralegal about this, I will ask my lawyer as well just to be sure and I will let you know asap. Actually, in my case, my husband gave a copy of his birth certificate when we first went to the lawyer, this was before he showed his "true colors". My lawyer said that they don't have the bc anymore since they sent it w/ my I-360 application.

As for Mona, I'm happy that you found someone, I wish you all the best, considering what we all went through before getting to this point.

For me, I'm already in my 30's, I promised myself that I will NEVER put myself in a situation like where I was before. In January, if and when I get my GC, I will concentrate on empowering myself, to work hard and save enough so I could own a home, be self-sufficient and never need anyone ever

again. But that's just me.

I wish you all a joyous holiday and all the best for the coming year!

I wish you all the best on interview,and don't worry about it,you're already approved-so they just ask you questions from I-485 :star:

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks everyone and Gabriela (L) (L) (L) > Youre the best.

LostinNJ, I think that is a standard interview letter they send out, you don't need to prove your relationship etc, I took my husbands birth cert with me just to be safe, but they didn't ask for it so don't worry, you don't need it.

Bubbles, I am still married to my husband, but I want to file for divorce. And yes I have met someone who is nothing like what he was. I am in no hurry to get remarried, but I cant speak about a year from now, I may feel ready to walk down that path again. I just wanted the information...though I'm still not quite sure what the answer is. I think I will ask my lawyer.

Good luck to you all and I wish you all happy holidays and a very happy and blessed New Year.

Edited by mona_lisa

I360

June 18 2008 - I360 filed

June 27 2008 - Prima facie determination sent

April 22 2009 - RFE received

June 31 2009 - Requested documents sent out

July 8 2009 - Documents received and case work resumed

July 13, 16 & 17 2009 - touched

July 30 2009 - Approved!!!!!!

AOS

Sept 3 2009 - Filed I485, I765, I131 by USPS express

Sept 4 2009 - Application delivered

Sept 21 2009 - NOA for all applications received

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics notice received; Appointment date (Oct 20 2009)

Oct 8 2009 - I 131 application approved

Oct 20 2009- Biometrics Completed

Oct 20 2009 - (I765) Card Production Ordered

Oct 29 2009 - Received EAD

Oct 30 2009 - Received notice of interview date (Dec 7th 2009)

Dec 7 2009 - Interview completed

Dec 9 2009 - Card production Ordered!

Dec 12 2009 - Welcome Letter Received

Dec 19 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

hi guys, season greetings to u all!!!!!!! i must say i have read alot of ur advices and i have learnt alotttt. I am a new member, and i am really happy to be apart of this forum. my question is, i filed all my forms the same time, I360, I131, I485, and I765. Do you think that was a good idea??? Thank you guys.....

Filed Vawa(I360), I485, I131, I765: November 30, 2009

Receipts recieved: Dec 2, 2009

Recieved Prima Facie: December 8,2009

I360 Touched: December 9, 2009

Timeline
Guys, on the website said "Approval notice sent". What does it mean? Do they sent green card or welcome letter?

Dear Friends,

Wish you and your family a MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

Take care and have a SAFE & HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Timeline
hi guys, season greetings to u all!!!!!!! i must say i have read alot of ur advices and i have learnt alotttt. I am a new member, and i am really happy to be apart of this forum. my question is, i filed all my forms the same time, I360, I131, I485, and I765. Do you think that was a good idea??? Thank you guys.....

Dear Kymber22,

Welcome to the forum.

You said you already applied. There is nothing wrong to apply all the Forms together as long as you married to a US citizen.

If you married to GC holder then you have to apply only I-360 , get it approved then rest of Forms are qualified to apply.

You will get a EAD to work and it depends upon your situation.

Don't worry. Wait for your receipt and check online. Take care

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

Got my 2nd Prima Facie.

My first was to expire on 12/26/2009, but I received the renewal 12/16/2009, 10 days before the first expires.

Question: Why does it say my case will not be done before the 180 days?

06/25/2009-Filed for VAWA

06/30/2009-Prima Facie Determination 180 days

11/06/2009-Changed Address online

11/13/2009-Touched

12/15/2009-Touched

12/16/2009-Prima facie renewed for 180 days.

12/23/2009-Touched

01/21/2009-Approved

02/18/2010-Applied for AOS/I-765 EXPRESS MAIL to Chicago

02/26/2010-NOA Receipt

03/01/2010-Touched

03/08/2010-Biometrics notice received

03/10/2010-Walk in Biometrics done.

03/10/2010-Touched

03/11/2010-Touched

03/29/2010-EAD card ordered

04/02/2010-EAD arrives. Employment begins.

03/30/2010-Interview Notice for 05/05/2010.

05/05/2010-Interview completed. Card ordered.

05/08/2010-Welcome letter received.

05/12/2010-Card ordered-Again!!

06/04/2010-Card Arrives in mail. PR since 05/05/2010-Interview date.

I just have a quick question from an abused wife.

I have my 2 yr conditional green card. entered USA under I-130. If I filed for VAWA, do i still need to go through AOS?

1. I got no job yet, no benefits, so I can waive the fee?

2. I have police report, (my husband saw a counselor to seek help for his anger mngt, and a record of him battering me, and his personal problems) is the counselor's assessment record of my husband's case can serve as a proof or evidence?

3.And since my mom in law is our co-sponsor, she is willing to give out a statement that she indeed witnessed the abuse to me, is her statement will be fine? or should it be notarized?

What are the chances of my case?.. please help. Thank you!

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

'MulanJohns' he

that normal all the prima facie say that . im in the 2nd prima facie and its say the same thing

merry christmas and happey new year to all the member her , hopefully next year it will be batter for all of us

Take care and have a HAPPY HOLIDAYS

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Timeline
Got my 2nd Prima Facie.

My first was to expire on 12/26/2009, but I received the renewal 12/16/2009, 10 days before the first expires.

Question: Why does it say my case will not be done before the 180 days?

Dear MulanJohns,

Its says for like that but they will process according to their processing date.

PRIMA FACIE is just a information sheet which tells you that your case is under process. Many of the member in this forum don't even get it.

So don't worry. You will get the approval one day. Keep check your case status online.

Timeline
I just have a quick question from an abused wife.

I have my 2 yr conditional green card. entered USA under I-130. If I filed for VAWA, do i still need to go through AOS?

1. I got no job yet, no benefits, so I can waive the fee?

2. I have police report, (my husband saw a counselor to seek help for his anger mngt, and a record of him battering me, and his personal problems) is the counselor's assessment record of my husband's case can serve as a proof or evidence?

3.And since my mom in law is our co-sponsor, she is willing to give out a statement that she indeed witnessed the abuse to me, is her statement will be fine? or should it be notarized?

What are the chances of my case?.. please help. Thank you!

Dear LÜvtechwifey,

Welcome to this Forum. Since your in conditional Green card. Please check with some attorney.

I would suggest you the best place to start with is Catholic Charities. Google it for your state you live in and call them to get an appointment. Its very less money or sometime free too to get an legal suggestions and also they help you to file your forms (i-765,I-131, I-485). They deal with lot of cases like us on daliy basis and they know in and out of the legal process.

My best wishes to get some answer for your issue.

Edited by Honest

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.