3,045 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't know Honest! That's my question every single day :huh2: . . . I stopped counting months and days on my case because I got depressed . . . Mine is a guiness record in VAWA processing times . . . :clock:

T H A N K Y O U G U Y S . . . I need an answer . . . I'm overhelmed for all this stressful process . . . We'll see what decision they take

So how is everyone doing tonight? Anymore approvals? Well I know this can be a daunting wait so if anyone need to talk, a good laugh whatever it is, I'm here.

WE WILL WAIT FOR EWTN's APPROVAL PRETTY SOON.

It's coming pretty soon

Dear EWTN,

I really wondering what's making the USCIS officer delaying to give a APPROVAL on your case. I feel you're very close to the approval.

I-360 process simply adds to the cruelty of the victims of violence.

I am walking this I-360 journey with someone very special and close to me. Over the past 15 months I am now a huge advocate for change in the US immigration but even more so in the I-360 VAWA cases. To sum it all up the USCIS does not follow any laws in place to process these cases. They do what they want when they want. I do also agree that many attorneys file I-360 cases with no chance of being approved simply grasping at straws and to collect money from a victim. I believe if an I-360 VAWA is filed it should be processed in a matter of 30-60 days if it is a valid case. If no evidence of the criteria are provided in the first filing then longer process would then be merited. BUT NOT WHEN ALL DATA ASKED FOR IS PRESENTED. A simple interview would be needed to process legitimate I360 filling at a federal building for example with all papers and documents granted or ordered with in days.

I have followed the site very closely while on this journey. I am amazed and find strength to pass along because of the love and friendship I read here. At time she is very down and I pass along success stories to keep her spirits up. We have made numerous trips to the congressman office also with all of their support. It is my observation they call a number in Washington D.C. to an liaison of the USCIS who simply tells them the same thing we lookup on line. They do not have any effect on a case.

In my friends case, she was told her papers were filed in April of 08. Truth is the attorney filled out the papers but never filled. I helped her get them filled in July of 08. Three extensions later nothing but "its in the work flow". No touches her file since last extension and she is now well within the window.

Frustrated, angry, letdown and bewildered at this process are a few words that come to mind.

This is an obvious VAWA abuse case. She had all of her documents granted by the USCIS then taken away within one week by her ex-huband and destroyed. She can not work now for almost 2 years. No income ( we help her). No travel. No government help of any kind. She wants to work. She has advanced recognized degrees. Keep in mind she still has a few months after her !-360 to get a work permit since they could not be filed concurrently at that time per USCIS (which was BS). Passport can not be renewed until I-360 processed per Consulate.

USCIS..... 15 months and counting.....No accountability.

I can't wait till this case concludes. I will be speaking out LOUDLY on I-360 VAWA and against the cruelty the USCIS puts onto these cases. How would anyone who "processes" these cases so slowly if they had a friend or family member subjected to such a stone aged process of dealing with people stuck with no where to go.

I feel better now after venting!!

I-360 Time Line

May 2008 - 1st attorney filed I-360

August 2008 - 2nd attorney re-filed I-360 after no response of file from first

2008 PFD - 2 received extensions

2009 PFD - 3 extensions

November 2009 - RFE received and sent back first week.

November 2009 - 2nd week USCIS letter stating 60 days to make decision.

January - 2010 - received 60 day extension

February - 2010- APPROVED I-360

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

'UKRUSA' we welcome you and your friend and your post did toch me and i agree 100% but just like you see we are powerless . nothing we can do but watting

i filed mine last november and i sent 3 diffrent letter in .april.july. and september just to request an updat or what the stutes of my case since they never renew my prima ficie and they i never herd any thing when i see poepl have to wait 20 month for approved or 15 month i get sad

imagin when put your life on hold whil you watting USCIS decision that unfear

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
I don't know Honest! That's my question every single day :huh2: . . . I stopped counting months and days on my case because I got depressed . . . Mine is a guiness record in VAWA processing times . . . :clock:

Dear EWTN,

Don't worry and Don't get depressed. I understand saying is easy but honestly wait, soon you will get the APPROVAL on your case. I Wish you all the best.

Edited by Honest

Timeline
I-360 process simply adds to the cruelty of the victims of violence.

I feel better now after venting!!

Dear UKRUSA,

Soon you friend will get the approval don't worry. I highly recommend you friend to write a letter to USCIS about her present situation and also about all the past situations (NON sense) which she gone through and sent it along with the blue page and the extension of the PRIMA FACIE.

Atleast you're there to help her. You are really a wonderful being by helping others. I am really that you're helping a person who is going through a lot of problem.

My counselor use to tell me. You are throwing out the Frustation about your life by crying, its really good rather than keep it on your own. She said my office is really a place to lower your burden slowly and its TRUE. Whenever I go to her office I think I shouldn't cry but I couldn't hold If I started saying about my problems and I will say sorry and she says don't worry its fine and its really good to through your frustation out by sharing with others and also she use to say never hurt yourself.

Take care and we will hope for the BEST ASAP.

Edited by Honest

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello,

I have a quick question. I want to send more evidence this week. Do I send with the original blue copy or a photocopy?

Should I also include a copy of the prima facie?

I am sending a letter from my landlord and copies of payments, my current medical issues, background checks from places I lived for at least 6 months in the last 3 years. I initially sent in a state backgorund check, but I read somewhere that they prefer cities/counties.

I also have letters from places I volunteer and a declaration from my ex- brother-in-law. I have thought of getting a declaration from school officials and pastor, but are saving them for RFE.

Now people, I do not have an attorney. Anyone gone thru without an attorney? I read thru the requirements and figured I could do it on my own. The catholic charities here have a long waiting line of 3 months.

What are my chances?

06/25/2009-Filed for VAWA

06/30/2009-Prima Facie Determination 180 days

11/06/2009-Changed Address online

11/13/2009-Touched

12/15/2009-Touched

12/16/2009-Prima facie renewed for 180 days.

12/23/2009-Touched

01/21/2009-Approved

02/18/2010-Applied for AOS/I-765 EXPRESS MAIL to Chicago

02/26/2010-NOA Receipt

03/01/2010-Touched

03/08/2010-Biometrics notice received

03/10/2010-Walk in Biometrics done.

03/10/2010-Touched

03/11/2010-Touched

03/29/2010-EAD card ordered

04/02/2010-EAD arrives. Employment begins.

03/30/2010-Interview Notice for 05/05/2010.

05/05/2010-Interview completed. Card ordered.

05/08/2010-Welcome letter received.

05/12/2010-Card ordered-Again!!

06/04/2010-Card Arrives in mail. PR since 05/05/2010-Interview date.

Mulanjohns,

Please try to find a previous posting from HONEST, there is a website where you can follow step by step how to file a vawa case in vermont. There are also catholic charities that offer law services at low cost. I contacted them and went to their offices and they charged me $40.00 which it's not that bad for that service.

I hope this info helps you out.

God bless you!

Hello,

I have a quick question. I want to send more evidence this week. Do I send with the original blue copy or a photocopy?

I am sending a letter from my landlord and copies of payments, my current medical issues, background checks from places I lived for at least 6 months in the last 3 years. I initially sent in a state backgorund check, but I read somewhere that they prefer cities/counties.

I also have letters from places I volunteer and a declaration from my ex- brother-in-law. I have thought of getting a declaration from school officials and pastor, but are saving them for RFE.

Now people, I do not have an attorney. Anyone gone thru without an attorney? I read thru the requirements and figured I could do it on my own. The catholic charities here have a long waiting line of 3 months.

What are my chances?

Timeline
Hello,

What are my chances?

Dear MulanJohns,

If you filed your I-360 through an attorney then its good to go through him/her.

If you filed by yourself, YES you can submit a photocopy of the blue sheet in a blue sheet. (hope you understand what I am try to say.) USCIS need that blue paper to add all the additional evidence on your file. so they need them. so you can take a photocopy in a blue paper. I did it with the STAPLES and the lady helped me out.

Yes its always better to keep you all the prima facie and the receipt notice. Nothing wrong in provide more information. Don't forget to write in the envelope "VAWA" in big letters.

I didn't everything by myself and I wish you all the best. I can't afford a attorney. But you really need one as EWTN said Catholic charities is helping us for free or $20 min charge.

Diama also mentioned some link in the previous postings where you have bunch of informations.

Hello everyone, hope u guys had a splended weekend. Here's the situation. After my I-360 was approved, the I-485 was transferred to the NBC to process, the status on USCIS web site was at testing and interview. This morning the status was updated again, it's now back to Initial Review, and the update says "The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you." Does this mean it was transferred to my local office? Does anyone know? Bubbles did this happen to you after yoour I-360 was approved? Or is your I-485 still at NBC?

N-400 Naturalization

04th Dec, 2012 - N-400 filed

12th Dec, 2012 - NOA Received

14th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Letter Received

26th Dec, 2012 - Biometrics Completed

11th Jan, 2013 - Placed inline for Interview

07th Mar, 2013 - Scheduled for interview

16th Apr, 2013 - Interview Date

16th Apr, 2013- US Citizen (End of USCIS Journey)

Let me give a little more light on the situation. What I wrote before, that's what it says on the website. I just checked my email and it says "Receipt Number: EACXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office.

N-400 Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Let me give a little more light on the situation. What I wrote before, that's what it says on the website. I just checked my email and it says "Receipt Number: EACXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office.

Hey lost looks like your interview will be soon and then it will be good ridance to the USCIS for a long while.

To everyone else EWTN and others keep hanging in there I wish you all the best.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Good Morning LostinNJ :star: !!! What a great news :dance: !!!!!!!!! You're going to receive a notice scheduling your AOS interview from your local office and probably you won't see any other updates from uscis website (until you go to the interview), because when aplications are transfered and processed by local offices most of the times updates don't show up in their website!. So now, you need looking for a written notification in your mailbox or your attorney's for your interview in order to continue your AOS process :thumbs: GREAT NEWS MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M VERY HAPPY 4 YOU :dance:

PS: By the way, no news from my end.....

Edited by EWTN2009

Good Morning LostinNJ :star: !!! What a great news :dance: !!!!!!!!! You're going to receive a notice scheduling your AOS interview from your local office and probably you won't see any other updates from uscis website (until you go to the interview), because when aplications are transfered and processed by local offices most of the times updates don't show up in their website!. So now, you need looking for a written notification in your mailbox or your attorney's for your interview in order to continue your AOS process :thumbs: GREAT NEWS MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M VERY HAPPY 4 YOU :dance:

PS: By the way, no news from my end.....

Thank you, I still haven't received letter to do biometrics. So maybe that is coming next. I just want this to be over with. Anyways EWTN hopefully we will have some good news on your end this week.

N-400 Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.