3,045 posts in this topic

I am now divorced with my ex wife, and MY I-130 I-485 and I-765 ( approved)

Did you get your green card? If yes then you can't file VAWA petition. You need remove your condition from green card based on abuse or proove bona fide marriage.

Look on this forum for more information.

Niagra, sorry Application for I-765 is approved ONLY

I-130 and I-485 is pending, but I received an USCIS letter, if i do not go to the Interview TODAY, then they will denial my applications

Should I go there alone or should I ask them to withdraw my applicaton because I have a martial issues with my ex-wife

If i do go there alone, could they put me in Jail,or should I just wait til i received the letter for removal deparation?

please help!

Filed: Timeline

Did you get your green card? If yes then you can't file VAWA petition. You need remove your condition from green card based on abuse or proove bona fide marriage.

I-130 and I-485 is pending, but I received an USCIS letter, if i do not go to the Interview TODAY, then they will denial my applications

Should I go there alone or should I ask them to withdraw my applicaton because I have a martial issues with my ex-wife

If i do go there alone, could they put me in Jail,or should I just wait til i received the letter for removal deparation?

please help!

Then you should file VAWA ASAP. Don't wait for removal procedure. Find GOOD attorney.

Hi Lostboy,

What I would do trying to reschedule the interview, (the process is not cancel already, right?) then file VAWA as soon as you can, what I know is that they will give you time until a decision is taking for your VAWA, explain to them what is going on. Do not miss the interview; on and they will cancel your process immediately and start removal procedures.

Best wishes for you, :)

Gabriela

please help!

please help!

Then you should file VAWA ASAP. Don't wait for removal procedure. Find GOOD attorney.

some of the attorney that I have are mainly jus wanted money, either they are not able to handle my case or they never deal with the vawa case.

do you all suggest that I file this vawa myself. i am not trying to save the money believe in me.

please advice

thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

please help!

some of the attorney that I have are mainly jus wanted money, either they are not able to handle my case or they never deal with the vawa case.

do you all suggest that I file this vawa myself. i am not trying to save the money believe in me.

please advice

thanks

TRY the catholic charities in ur area

08/09/2009 AOS APPROVED!!!

N400
2/7/2013 MAILED PACKAGE EXPRESS
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
2/24/2013 BIOMETRICS COMPLETED
2/27/2013 PLACED IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW
04/18/2013 INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

I am now a US CITIZEN!! THANK YOU JESUS!!

please help!

please advice

thanks

TRY the catholic charities in ur area

I didn't go to the Interview Today, so i am assuming they either withdraw my applicaitons or denial

I have contact an attorney down in California, i am in Seattle, she is not available until next week Thursday to talk to me.

Should I go ahead to file the I-360 myself or should I wait til next week, i am afraid that USCIS might put me in the removal procedure.

I feel so stressed , can anyone please help me

Hi Lostboy,

What I would do trying to reschedule the interview, (the process is not cancel already, right?) then file VAWA as soon as you can, what I know is that they will give you time until a decision is taking for your VAWA, explain to them what is going on. Do not miss the interview; on and they will cancel your process immediately and start removal procedures.

Gabriela

hi Gabriela,

Too late, I could not reschedule it, because i have reschedule it for like 3 times. Today was my last time ( for initial interview) i talked to several lawyer, they didnt suggest me to go, because USCIS could detain me, what I did was I did send them a letter to stating, please withdraw my application and then another letter stating that I am file the VAWA case, please keep my I-485 and I-765 in pending process. I talked one of the attorney down, she is not available to assiste me until next thursday,

My question is. do you all file the I-360 yourself or you have an attorney to handle your cases?

thanks

Hi Lostboy, (F)

I had an attorney that help me with my VAWA and my two boys I paid him around 3000.00 He did a great job gathering all the papers, you need to write what happened since you married the other person, the lawyer set up everything really good in chronological order, my case I was married for 14 years two boys together and he cancel the process of all of us, can you imagine the nightmare, he didn't care about his own kids. After my VAWA got approved I file myself the adjustment of status for me and my two boys, I have my interview August 18. My lawyer sent a letter to Mexico consulate explaining why We couldn’t attend to the final interview, he attached to the letter Pictures of injuries, copies of all restraining orders before and after trial, police reports. (process that my ex-husband cancel later on, he was planning to leave me there), We couldn’t leave this country, I came here under Visa K and my kids K4

This is my story:

I was very young, married for 14 years, I have never married to anyone other than him, He has never married to anyone other than me. , 2 biological kids.

02/01/08 Mailed I-360

02/12/08 Receipt Date

03/07/08 Prima Facie

8/27/08 Sent over request 2nd Prima Facie Extension

9/16/08 Received 2nd Prima Facie

2/19/09 Sent over request 3rd Prima Facie Extension

0/19/09 I-360 Approval notice

Everything a lawyer sent to Vermont:

Cover Letter

1.- Notice of entry of appearance as attorney or representative

2.- I-360

3.- Declaration of (myself) with the following exhibits attached:

A- Copy of passport and k-3 visa

B- Copy of passport and k-4 visas for my kids (my ex-husband cancel the process for myself and our 2 kids)

C- Copy of Naturalization certificate for husband at that time (ex-husband now, he filed for the divorce when the restraining order was placed)

E- Marriage certificate

F- I-130 applications approved for myself and my 2 kids (and cancel later on for my ex)

G - Chronology of entries and exits

H- Pictures injuries in my arm and declaration of picture taken (My boss took me to a domestic violence place, they took pictures of my arm )

I- Statement of my boss who saw the injuries

J- Pictures of my oldest son injuries, his dad bit him

K- Copies of all restraining orders against my ex - temporaries and final after trial

4- Certified court order after trial w certificate of compliance w/VAWA

5- Evidence of Good Moral Character

A- Police clearance

B- California Dept of Justice Report

C- Orange county superior Court record (certified)

6- Evidence of Cohabitation (photos, bank accounts, etc)

7- School records of Children

File AOS myself after VAWA got approved,via FedEx 04/01/09 for myself and my two kids (included as derivatives in I-360) by the way, biological boys of my ex-husband Thad cancel our process

:)

Hi Lostboy,

Gabriela

hi Gabriela,

Too late, I could not reschedule it, because i have reschedule it for like 3 times. Today was my last time ( for initial interview) i talked to several lawyer, they didnt suggest me to go, because USCIS could detain me, what I did was I did send them a letter to stating, please withdraw my application and then another letter stating that I am file the VAWA case, please keep my I-485 and I-765 in pending process. I talked one of the attorney down, she is not available to assiste me until next thursday,

My question is. do you all file the I-360 yourself or you have an attorney to handle your cases?

thanks

Hi Lostboy, (F)

I had an attorney that help me with my VAWA and my two boys I paid him around 3000.00 He did a great job gathering all the papers, you need to write what happened since you married the other person, the lawyer set up everything really good in chronological order, my case I was married for 14 years two boys together and he cancel the process of all of us, can you imagine the nightmare, he didn't care about his own kids. After my VAWA got approved I file myself the adjustment of status for me and my two boys, I have my interview August 18. My lawyer sent a letter to Mexico consulate explaining why We couldn’t attend to the final interview, he attached to the letter Pictures of injuries, copies of all restraining orders before and after trial, police reports. (process that my ex-husband cancel later on, he was planning to leave me there), We couldn’t leave this country, I came here under Visa K and my kids K4

This is my story:

I was very young, married for 14 years, I have never married to anyone other than him, He has never married to anyone other than me. , 2 biological kids.

02/01/08 Mailed I-360

02/12/08 Receipt Date

03/07/08 Prima Facie

8/27/08 Sent over request 2nd Prima Facie Extension

9/16/08 Received 2nd Prima Facie

2/19/09 Sent over request 3rd Prima Facie Extension

0/19/09 I-360 Approval notice

Everything a lawyer sent to Vermont:

Cover Letter

1.- Notice of entry of appearance as attorney or representative

2.- I-360

3.- Declaration of (myself) with the following exhibits attached:

A- Copy of passport and k-3 visa

B- Copy of passport and k-4 visas for my kids (my ex-husband cancel the process for myself and our 2 kids)

C- Copy of Naturalization certificate for husband at that time (ex-husband now, he filed for the divorce when the restraining order was placed)

E- Marriage certificate

F- I-130 applications approved for myself and my 2 kids (and cancel later on for my ex)

G - Chronology of entries and exits

H- Pictures injuries in my arm and declaration of picture taken (My boss took me to a domestic violence place, they took pictures of my arm )

I- Statement of my boss who saw the injuries

J- Pictures of my oldest son injuries, his dad bit him

K- Copies of all restraining orders against my ex - temporaries and final after trial

4- Certified court order after trial w certificate of compliance w/VAWA

5- Evidence of Good Moral Character

A- Police clearance

B- California Dept of Justice Report

C- Orange county superior Court record (certified)

6- Evidence of Cohabitation (photos, bank accounts, etc)

7- School records of Children

File AOS myself after VAWA got approved,via FedEx 04/01/09 for myself and my two kids (included as derivatives in I-360) by the way, biological boys of my ex-husband Thad cancel our process

:)

Gabriela,

Thank you so much for you information, I guess i would probably need to send a letter to USCIS - local office to tell them that I am file the I360 form to see if they can understand this matter and put my case in the removal procedure -=)

I do think it is a good idea for me to file the I-360 myself.. let hope it all went well then !

Timeline

What city and state do u live in? mayb i can find the catholic charities in ur area.... they file immigration papers for free or veryyyyy low cost

N400
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ghana he said he called and they turned him down

Other Thread

Edited by NArocks

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline
Ghana he said he called and they turned him down

Other Thread

Oh!! thanx Narocks....ummm i guess he either has to look around for different lawyers or file himself......sorry lostboy,

N400
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

lost boy . i think you need to hire an attorney to file vawa you could do it by selfe but vawa are diffrent than any type pitition you need to address all type requirment and address all issu , just try to pick agood one and hurry bc/z vawa take verey long time to approve

good louck

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.