angelanddan

SEPT AOS FILER: Pls help...until now no interview letter

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJERS,

My aos was received by USCIS Sept 30, 2008. It was last touched on October 24, 2008 and it's been more than 3 months now and yet, it hasnt been touched and I havent received an interview letter yet. It was past 3 months already in the National Benefits Center (meaning it's past their timeframe) and I'm starting to worry.

Do you think I must have a service request for it? Or should I go for an info pass?

If anybody have the same situation, please contact me.

Thanks and God SPEED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello VJERS,

My aos was received by USCIS Sept 30, 2008. It was last touched on October 24, 2008 and it's been more than 3 months now and yet, it hasnt been touched and I havent received an interview letter yet. It was past 3 months already in the National Benefits Center (meaning it's past their timeframe) and I'm starting to worry.

Do you think I must have a service request for it? Or should I go for an info pass?

Thanks and God SPEED!

AOS is done either at CSC or the local office... where is your local office

YMMV

Timeline
Hello VJERS,

Thanks and God SPEED!

I checked online and it sais that its still with the National Benefits Center. My local office is in Detroit.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello VJERS,

Thanks and God SPEED!

I checked online and it sais that its still with the National Benefits Center. My local office is in Detroit.

That is where it begins but the I-485 is not adjudicated there

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

We are Going through something like this ourselves because, We are waiting for something to happen like the Ead nothing and the last time we were Touched was back in November. i wish i had answers for you but i don't but i send you lost of prayers your way Keep your head up it will all Work out for the best.

Timeline
Hello VJERS,

Thanks and God SPEED!

hi we had same delimma i file last week of june 2008 and my case is in ther national benifit center too,and still i havent receive my green card or interview schedule i got my working permit but still no green card yet...we just pray and patient....thanks

god bless to all of us....

Filed: Other Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hello angelanddan,

sorry to hear that yr case has been delayed for a while~~ since u r a Sept filers and its has been so long (over 3 months)..I would say to schedule for an INFO pass, bring all of your NOAs and IDs, and ask for yr case status.

By the way, did u do biometrics exam yet?

GOOD LUCK!!!

08/2002 Arrived US with F-1 Student Visa

01/01/08 EAD received (Student OPT)

08/01/08 Got married

AOS

08/31/08 USPS Express Delivery I-485, I-130, I-131, I-765 to Chicago Office

09/02/08 USCIS received the package

09/04/08 USCIS sent NOA1 by mail

09/08/08 Received all (4) NOA1 for I-130, I-131, I-485 & I-765

09/12/08 Received Biometrics appointment letter

10/03/08 Appointment for Biometrics

11/04/08 Received Interview NOA by mail

11/10/08 InfoPass for AP

11/12/08 AP Approve Notice Sent , EAD Card Production Ordered

11/17/08 AP received

11/25/08 EAD received

12/11/08 Appointment for Interview - APPROVED

12/27/08 GREEN CARD received

ROC

11/16/10 USPS Express Delivery I-751 to California Service Center

11/17/10 USCIS received the package, Notice of Action dated same day

11/19/10 Check was cashed

11/23/10 Received NOA

12/11/10 Green Gard expired

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would call USCIS and ask them to do a service request. They'll do this if it's been more than 90 days since your NOA1.

I'm a July filer and received my EAD and AP in October (about a month after most people who applied around the same time I did), and I still don't have an interview date. My local office is also Detroit.

It's frustrating, I know. But you can call USCIS and make a service request. That's a lot faster than going for an Infopass appointment.

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Timeline
I would call USCIS and ask them to do a service request. They'll do this if it's been more than 90 days since your NOA1.

I'm a July filer and received my EAD and AP in October (about a month after most people who applied around the same time I did), and I still don't have an interview date. My local office is also Detroit.

It's frustrating, I know. But you can call USCIS and make a service request. That's a lot faster than going for an Infopass appointment.

Thanks so much for all the replies I got. So, is your case still with the National Benefits Center?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks so much for all the replies I got. So, is your case still with the National Benefits Center?

what exactly did you file?...485 only?...or 485 , ead and i-131 together..

if you filed for I-765 at the same time...you should've gotten that..and as for AOS ,,,you are either getting trasnferred to CSC (no interview needed usually and they approved your GC) or getting interviewed at your local field office , detroit ...and 4 month is not that long ....you will eventually get a interview letter if you are not transferred..look at my timeline...i waited 4 months after i got my EAD.....so be patient...but info-pass wouldn't hurt...but you are probably gonna the anwer like..." you are still within the range of 180 days"....good luck...

IR-5 for parents

04-16-2012 sent I-130

08-31-2012 I-130 approved and sent to NVC

NVC

09-21-2012 case # assigned by email

09-25-2012 emailed choice of Agent Aos bill paid

10/04/2012 confirmation emailed received about choice of agent IV billed paid

10/04/2012 optin eprocessing emailed sent

10/10/12 optin email confirmed received

taking a break collecting info

11/01/2012 emailed AOS and IV package

11/20/2012 Checklist emailed received..forget guz p3 supplement form and signature on the AoS form

11/21/2012 checklist response emailed sent

12/05/12 case completed......finally ( Could haven't save 2 month of time if everything was ready be fore case# was assigned)

02/04/13 docs intake at guz. 02/05/13 interview passed. 3 simple questions asked

02/08/13 visas arrived at home ( that was fast. 3 days through ems. Right before Chinese new year )

02/16/13. Coming to u.s.a!!!!!! Yeah.

Timeline

what exactly did you file?...485 only?...or 485 , ead and i-131 together..

if you filed for I-765 at the same time...you should've gotten that..and as for AOS ,,,you are either getting trasnferred to CSC (no interview needed usually and they approved your GC) or getting interviewed at your local field office , detroit ...and 4 month is not that long ....you will eventually get a interview letter if you are not transferred..look at my timeline...i waited 4 months after i got my EAD.....so be patient...but info-pass wouldn't hurt...but you are probably gonna the anwer like..." you are still within the range of 180 days"....good luck...

I already received my EAD first week of December but my AOS wasnt touched yet since October 24, 2008.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hello VJERS,

Thanks and God SPEED!

You don't have to worry, the inerview will come ,just be patient, me I filed my AOS in august 25, and my case still in National benefit center in Missouri, my last update was october 10, since this date I did not hear any thing from them.I called USCIS they said it takes 6 to 9 monthes.We will be patient.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I already received my EAD first week of December but my AOS wasnt touched yet since October 24, 2008.

Ah, then you've had some action. :)

I saw some stories about AOS interviews in Detroit where the interviews were about a couple of months after the EAD was received, but it's been almost 4 months since I got my EAD, and I'm still waiting for that interview letter. Detroit appears to be slow with AOS interviews these days. We can only wait.

At least you have your EAD now. That helps.

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

Ah, then you've had some action. :)

I saw some stories about AOS interviews in Detroit where the interviews were about a couple of months after the EAD was received, but it's been almost 4 months since I got my EAD, and I'm still waiting for that interview letter. Detroit appears to be slow with AOS interviews these days. We can only wait.

At least you have your EAD now. That helps.

Honestly, the reason why I am very worried is because my friend who filed in October ( I filed a month earlier than her), whose local office is in detroit too, already have her interview letter last December 08. and will have her interview this month.

And as much as I want to file a service request, they said they cant do it because the detroit office is processing March filers right now., which doesnt make sense because my friend who'se an october filer has her case being processed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.