• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm glad we live far away from us, so no chance of people feeding my child anything. I'm not cool with it. DH's immediate family would never give anything to Jona without asking me first. MIL would never give anything to Jona without asking first. The aunts etc - I wouldn't leave Jona alone with them!!!

@ Vi: I figured out a new way for diaper changes... Lots of kisses, tickles etc - it keeps him entertained and works. Finally again. Cuddle time equals diaper change, he seems to be ok with it.

I second Evi on the cereal. Sophia is awfully young to start solids. Unless she has terrible reflux, I wouldn't give her anything til 6 months.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

ok, now after endless negotiating with hubby and daycares, I finally agreed to have Ben committed to 4-6 hours/ twice a week with a really nice lady our neighbours recommended. She is watching 2 other toddlers in her home.

He is starting tomorrow morning already (!!!) and I am a nervous wreck!!! I know Ben will be fine (I hope so) but it is just sooooo hard letting go, after all this time at home with him, but I need a break to catch up with studying.

OMG, I have all possible horror-scenarios of him choking/falling down stairs/touching outlets etc etc. How do you mommies deal with this? I think I am unusually paranoid about this, how will I get less anxious? I've met the lady last summer and I have a great feeling about her, but still, I can't help this panic that something could go wrong or that he will be crying for his mommy the whole time and speak to his therapist about it for the rest of his life. :unsure:

anyone have some advice/ had similar feelings?

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
@Chrissy: omg she is such a cutie. And you couldn't have chosen a better name for her with her big eyes. she is so adorable!

@Missbollinger: glad to hear you had a good flight, enjoy your trip! we will be heading to Germany in less than 2 weeks!!

I agree, grandmas are there for spoiling, and I am fine with it, I just want to know what she is giving my kid before she does it. I don't want him to not ever have candy/ice cream/coke but he should be a little older then 1. He doesn't know what it is right now, to him carrots and broccoli taste like a treat.

so, Ben has been going pee-pee on his potty twice today! He's been announcing it for a few weeks, whenever he has to go, so we figured to give it a try, and he kind of does it on command, every time we remove his diaper. He even went poo 2 days ago. I really really hope that it's going to be easy to pottytrain him.

omg i wish i could get Dylan to go potty! hes so stubborn and will not do it, i dont want to push the issue as i know every child is different, but i am most jealous! lol

Edited by Chrissy25

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Stef,

The piece of mind comes with time. I left Zaid at 5 weeks old and it was terrible but it does get better. Zaid is soo predictable, scheduled, well behaved, intelligent, etc bc of him going to day care 5 days a week. Everyday is a routine, and it has made my life so much easier. It will be good for Ben and for Mama. lol. He may cry at first, but he will love the kids to play with. Zaid still throws a fit every day I drop him off but the day care lady texts me 2 seconds later letting me know he is content with books, toys, etc. Good luck tomorrow :)

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Chrissy: I totally know how you feel. You are jealous that the boys are going potty, I am totally jealous that Dyland can sing the ABCs and knows colors and Adam just doesn't give a thing about it...You are right..they are ready when they are ready and in our heads we know that but still it's some kind of 'mom competition' going on. You only want the best for your child and want him to be good in everything so once he's 'behind' on something you feel like you did something wrong...which is not the case of course. Sorry, sounds confusing but I hope you know what I mean. I certainly understand you being jealous.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Chrissy, Most boys dont potty train til their closer til 3 years. My nephew just got trained at 3.5. your right when u say you cant push em. My brother and his wife tried to push and it discouraged him more, than, just all of a sudden one day Caleb stopped wearing diapers, not even at nap.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline

@Chnst: I totally agree with what Zaidsmommy said. It will be good for Ben to be able to interact with other kids and be on a different kind of schedule where he has to kinda fit the mold because otherwise it won't work. Adam cried the first few days I think. The very first day he didn't eat or sleep there and was happy to go back home but then it got a lot better. Now, he asks for "Leta" (his teacher) or Mason (his friend there) all the time when we go past the daycare. I loves to go there now and I"m glad that he is such a social little boy, not shy or anything. I doubt that daycare helped him being so outgoing (he was like that before) but it probably doesn't hurt them to be around other kids. Good luck. Mommy is usually more worried than the kids.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Timeline

thanks ladies.... I know he will be fine, I guess I am just a control freak, and having to trust someone else with my precious little boy is just so hard. He loves other children, so i'm sure he will be nice and hopefully they won't beat him up. haha.

about the potty training: he did it again! He started pushing and saying "poo-poo", so I sat him on the potty and it is almost easier for him to go on the potty than in his diaper. It is a lot of work though, putting him on the potty, I'm not sure if I can do it with my crazy schedule. But I will try. I think he is so much more aware of his bowel movements because he has dealt with the constipation for so long.

The good news is (I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to jinx it)- Ben has had a daily b/m for almost 4 weeks now. :dance: some of you may remember that he was taking 6 courses of laxatives, seeing gastroenterologists etc.

Well, I think he decided to take matters in his own hands- he got into a bottle of his bath soap a month ago (great parenting, huh?) unscrewed the bottle and took a few nice sips. Thank God it was california baby (i think the most untoxic soap on the market).

After burping up a few bubbles, he started emptying his bowels. I can't even describe how much, more than he had within the last year in one bm, it was disgusting, all over the kitchen floor (sorry tmi), but eventually it cleaned him out and he has blessed us with a daily load since. :) No side effects from the soap. I think I should patent it as a laxative.

Edited by chnst

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
thanks ladies.... I know he will be fine, I guess I am just a control freak, and having to trust someone else with my precious little boy is just so hard. He loves other children, so i'm sure he will be nice and hopefully they won't beat him up. haha.

about the potty training: he did it again! He started pushing and saying "poo-poo", so I sat him on the potty and it is almost easier for him to go on the potty than in his diaper. It is a lot of work though, putting him on the potty, I'm not sure if I can do it with my crazy schedule. But I will try. I think he is so much more aware of his bowel movements because he has dealt with the constipation for so long.

The good news is (I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to jinx it)- Ben has had a daily b/m for almost 4 weeks now. :dance: some of you may remember that he was taking 6 courses of laxatives, seeing gastroenterologists etc.

Well, I think he decided to take matters in his own hands- he got into a bottle of his bath soap a month ago (great parenting, huh?) unscrewed the bottle and took a few nice sips. Thank God it was california baby (i think the most untoxic soap on the market).

After burping up a few bubbles, he started emptying his bowels. I can't even describe how much, more than he had within the last year in one bm, it was disgusting, all over the kitchen floor (sorry tmi), but eventually it cleaned him out and he has blessed us with a daily load since. :) No side effects from the soap. I think I should patent it as a laxative.

Stef, OMG that rocks!!! How happy you all must be. :dance::dance::dance:

Timeline

Wow Stef: The California Baby Story sure is cool. Maybe it cleaned him out so good that his problems are 'gone with the wind" (pun intended) :). Not so good that he actually drank that stuff but nothing happened after all.

Adam is totally potty trained but he won't go poo poo on the potty. I don't know why, he did it for a week and then he stopped and didn't want to do it anymore. It seems like it's easier for him to poop standing up than on the potty...I guess as soon as he's ready, he'l go poop on the pot too.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

chnst@ Good luck with the lady, I imagine how are you feeling with I'm sure everything will work well for you guys. Great news about the bm, I will write down the name of the soap just in case we need it, hahaha.

Well, I guess Sofia is not ready for the cereal, I will try again in a few weeks, my MIL wants me to continue trying everyday, you know, old school.

Upss I gotta go...

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

chnst- what fantastic news about Ben! (and a funny little story too). Can you tell a difference in his moods? I can only guess he must be feeling a LOT better and probably happier!

As for the daycare thing - I guess my own conclusion is that its true no one is going to take care of your own kid with the love that you do, and certainly not do everything the same way, BUT its a far jump from that to the child being in harm's way, you know? I am sure he will be safe, and there are all the other 'pluses' like socialization. Also I think its good for them to experience other ways of doing things- helps them be more well adapted.... I know as my son was growing up he had a few friends over the years who, no matter what and in pretty much every situation, would pout and tell me 'thats not the way my mommy does it'. I even had one kid who scrutinized me making some mac and cheese for their lunch and wouldnt eat it because apparently I didnt make it exactly the same way his mom did. I was like," umm, right. I'm NOT your mom.." it was extremely annoying and kind of made me hesitant to make play dates with those kids because it was all so high maintenance. So its probably good for Ben to learn at an early age that different people might do things differently but its usually all ok......

oh, and Amirah cried pretty wildly when I dropped her off AND as soon as she saw me to pick her up for about the first 3 weeks, but now 2 months into it she asks about her friends and provider ALL DAY on the weekends and she claps every morning when we turn into the neighborhood to drop her off.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

thanks, yeah we are soooo happy about that. I just hope it stays like that. He still needs a scoop of miralax every now and then but it helps now, that his bowels are empty and the stuff gets to the places it needs to act.

Evi: haha, gone with the wind, lol!

so, Ben is at his daycare, there are 4 kids total, he is the youngest. He seems to love it and didn't even cry when we left. He will do 4 hours today and tomorrow, then maybe 6 hours next week. I still cried all the way there and home, lol. She gave me the heads up to call and check on him whenever I want, I have her number on speed dial. :innocent:

@Vi: yeah, it's hard for older people to understand that nowadays things are done differently with all this new research and improving quality of formula etc. Also 50 years ago, not that many people had food allergies or asthma. Introducing children too early to solids (especially now that there are so many chemicals and preservatives added) can trigger allergies and asthma and make them more susceptible for adverse reactions that may emerge longterm, maybe even years from now. Good that you are putting it off for a little while. :)

@Caro: how are you feeling? everything ready for baby yet? Have you set up the nursery?

My sister is 9 days overdue today... I feel so bad for her, she has a high risk pregnancy and still has to give herself the heparinshots every day, but they refuse to induce. the baby measuerd 4200g (over 9lbs)- both of her other children were >4000g too, and had to be induced but they want to wait until August 2nd. I'm glad they're not too c-section happy over there but in her case, she's been through so much, bedrest, high blood pressure, and her right leg is killing her, she can hardly walk. She's dilated, 100% effaced, head is down, just the contractions are missing!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008