Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
My friend in my playgroup makes 'sleeppeapods', it's basically a sleepsack and swaddler in one. If I had known about it when I was pregnant I would have gotten one for Allie. Go to www.sleeppeapod.com

You basically stick baby in there, tie a knot in the bottom (so it always fits and doesn't get too short since you regulate the length) and that is it. Inside is a little pocket so baby can't get the arms out but at the same time the baby is not restricted to be laying in only one position with its arms on the side like they do when they stick inside a swaddler. It is actually a great idea and I wonder why nobody else thought of it before.

those are really cool! I am going to keep them in mind for shower gifts :)

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Morning girls!!

I haven't here here for a while!

Caro@ the Lansinoh pads are great!!! you can't go wrong with them, I got just two nursing bras, my mom brought them for me from Peru but honestly what works better from me when I'm around the house are these super comfortable tank tops from Aeropostale, so comfy!

Here Sofia is sleeping during the whole night, well, she goes to sleep at 1am and wakes up around 7am to be feed and then back to sleep until 11 or 12 not bad at all, the only problem she is giving me right now is with the bottle, she was taking it in the beginning without problem but now she hates it! we have tried different brands, from Dr.Brown, Playtex, Avent, and this past saturday we went to Babies R Us to look for the bottle that resembles more a breast and we found this new bottle thta reall looks like a breast the brand is Odiri and guess what, it didn't work!!! she hates it, she starts making funny faces and just doesn't take it. I don't know what to do because I feel that I cannot go anywhere without here except when she takes naps, that's what I'm I'm doing when I go to th gym but I have to rush back home. Before I forget, I'm even pumping my milk and put it in her bottle but even with that she refuses to take it. :wacko: . Any suggestion??

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

For sleeping, that will really depend on your baby. Our daughter has been fine in footed pjs with a lightweight blanket. Our son, at first, would not sleep unless in his pjs, swaddled, and with another blanket. He wanted to be warm! As for now, almost 6 months later, we still have the babies sleep in footed pajamas. We keep the a/c down at night, and they move so much that they kick off their lightweight crocheted blanket that their great-gram made them.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Vi: Sounds like Sophia has nipple confusion or she might just prefer the warmth of comfort of breastfeeding rahter than a plastic bottle. Both my kids wouldn't take the bottle, they just bit down on it and eventually got frustrated. They wanted to nurse. That was fine with me as I wasn't ready to leave them alone until they were about 6 months old.

Allie can clap since yesterday. we went to story time and the kids there clapped and since last night, she's done not much else but clap. She also starts doing the spider walk with her butt up in the air, instead of crawling...very interesting ;)

Edited by Eveline

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I like the sleep pea pods :D

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Vi: Ben didn't like the bottle after I was just breastfeeding for a few months. Also, have hubby try to feed her with a bottle when you are not around, some babies want to nurse when the mother is right there and are just fine with the bottle when someone else gives it to her. She is able to tell her mother from a plastic bottle now, so it's going to be hard. We just switched Ben to Sippycups, but he was a lot older than Sofia. Just keep trying, I guess? good luck

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

the sleep pea pods make me wanna have another baby :). Just so I can try it out hehe.

I guess I'll get one for my friend who is due in October and then I'll try it on her little babygirl :)

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

I love the peapods! Great idea.

Enzo sleeps totally bundled up - my MIL wouldn't allow it any other way. He has a bodysuit, socks, and footed onesie - my MIL knows best and I am just a spectator in all of this. :P He sleeps with a tucked-in comforter on top. Somehow, during the middle of the night he kicks it off and puts his head into the padded corner of the crib. He is now sleeping 9-10 hours a night and we're so happy!

Moreover, our issues with his formula are over! Yeah! We have tried 6 different formulas and goat's milk since he was born and his gas was awful. Our favorite was soy but it constipated him. Our doctor told us to give him soy plus mineral oil...we sneaked some olive oil into his bottle and voila - his poor little body cleaned out! I know TMI - but if you knew the grief we have been in. OMG!!!

:idea: I would like to let anyone here know that I have 2 cans of formula that have been used only once - I mean just scooped out one or two scoops but Enzo didn't like them...huge can of Nestle Good Start Supreme and Similac Alimentum - it is hypoallergenic. I hate to see them go to waste. They were opened last Friday, in a very clean environment. If anyone uses these formulas and is in need please let me know. I will send immediately. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

so mommies, when are you going to try for baby number 2 (or 3)?? How many children do you want total? We have discussed the matter and came to the conclusion that we want another one when Ben is 3 years old and can help. :devil: haha. It's also not too old that it would feel like we're starting all over. I really want a little girl, but another boy woud be great too. The only drawback is that I will be working and probably cannot take as much time off as I had with Ben.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ chnst: Jona has to be at least two before another one can be born. My preference is when he is 3. DH wants earlier, but oh well, that depends. I really want a couple months of good sleep at night and Jona has to be weaned before we can try again. I don't want to wean abruptly cause of pregnancy, and I really have to with my preterm labor as nursing releases oxytocin and wouldn't help there to stop those contractions.... So we will see....

@ Evi: Those pods are great!

Sleeping: Jona was swaddled til about 2-3 months, then he didn't like it anymore and we switched to sleeping bags. We have German sleeping bags and one from www.babyinabag.com I prefer Footsie-type of sleepers as they don't put pressure anywhere (pants & socks put pressure on my little Michelin man).

@ Vi: Sounds normal to me. Jona took a bottle (I expressed once daily) til he was 4 months. Then no more, ever. But that's fine with me. He can go 3-4 hours without nursing and I'm sure once he eats solids, he will nurse less. I never go anywhere where I couldn't bring him anyways.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Timeline

We always wanted two children and we wanted them very close together. If it would have been up to me I had gotten pregnant when Adam was 5 months old but since I wanted to try for a VBAC everything I read said to wait at least 8 months. Three days after Adam turned 8 months old I conceived Allie :whistle: . I think we're done. We wanted two, we have two and I think we're good as it is. Sometimes I want another baby and Eric talks about it too but my head just says no. I want to go back to work and move on. I want to be able to travel when I'm older and not have to worry about finding a babysitter etc. We're happy as it is right now and it just feels right right now.

As for sleepers. Right now the kids sleep in t-shirt and diapers. It's soooo hot even at night. During fall/spring and winter I stuff them into footed onesies from Old Navy or The Children's Place. Allie tolerates a sleeping bag so sometimes I put her in one. She wanted to be swaddles up until 4 months old. Adam was out of the swaddler by 6 weeks. I would fight until he was out but he slept great even without it.

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, baby #1 is still in the oven, but we have no plans to have another for a while. Honestly, we can't afford to have two in daycare with the costs as they are around here. If we do decide to have baby #2, it will have to wait until baby #1 is in school.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

2 is our number i had my tubes tied during the c-section with Molly....no regrets!

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png