Eveline

*Baby Corner*

5,409 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
I don't like round ligament pain! :crying:

(F) @ Jenn!

I second that. I'm also not too fond of feeling like my pelvis is pulling apart at the seams when I get up from a chair and take a few steps.

Yeah! It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to get up every 15 minutes to pee. I can't believe it's only going to get worse!

I never even heard of this pain until I was pregnant! For me, getting out of bed was the hardest part. It's like something I never remember hearing other pregnant people talking about before I was pregnant! Maybe I just wasn't paying attention or something. Some things about pregnancy and early motherhood I have thought, hey why didn't anyone tell me about this before? :P If I asked my mom or someone else, they'd say oh I forgot about that part! lol

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey ladies! Hope you all are well.

Marm - I'm so sorry for your friend. (F) When I had been home for two weeks with Enzo, I slipped down our stairs with him in my arms. Not only was I in pain, but I started sobbing from the shock of the "what if" factor. I freaked out...here I was with a brand new baby in my arms and I was hanging on by a bannister. Not a good feeling at all.

I hope everyone is doing ok...take care of yourselves.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

(F) @ Jenn!

I second that. I'm also not too fond of feeling like my pelvis is pulling apart at the seams when I get up from a chair and take a few steps.

Yeah! It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to get up every 15 minutes to pee. I can't believe it's only going to get worse!

Until just recently, I could go hours without having to pee (I expected that to be a problem from the start). But a lot has changed in the last couple of weeks. We'll all make it though, step by step!

The little guy slept later than usual this morning, so I was talking to him and prodding him a little on the way to work, and he finally started his morning stretches. I guess a few weeks from now, I'll be doing everything I can NOT to wake him up.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

(F) @ Jenn!

I never even heard of this pain until I was pregnant! For me, getting out of bed was the hardest part. It's like something I never remember hearing other pregnant people talking about before I was pregnant! Maybe I just wasn't paying attention or something. Some things about pregnancy and early motherhood I have thought, hey why didn't anyone tell me about this before? :P If I asked my mom or someone else, they'd say oh I forgot about that part! lol

I swear if my mother's belly hadn't grown with my sister she wouldn't have even known that she was pregnant. So it's like she thinks that all of my "symptoms" are me being a hypochondriac or something!

Morning sickness? In my head. Fatigue? Lazy!

I dare not mention my round ligament pain! :lol:

Timeline

(F) @ Jenn!

My mom doesn't remember this stuff either. She also doesn't remember feeling any of the three of us moving, and I can't imagine that. I can look down at my shirt here at work sometimes and see him twisting around in there.

The ligament pain seemed to start so early, and like you, I had no clue what it was. I guess I'd heard of it, but I didn't know what it felt like. First time it happened, I thought I had a hernia. Now the ligaments don't zap me quite as often as before, but this pelvis thing is difficult. I also get sudden leg cramps in the middle of the night, and the only thing that helps is to jump out of bed and put my full weight on that leg, but fortunately, that helps immediately. I also have trouble with my toes wanting to curl upward when I'm walking around barefoot, which feels very weird.

I've read that the pelvic joints soften up, so I'm fine with that discomfort as long as it's normal. And the more I walk, the more it eases the pain, so that's good motivation to stay active. In spite of a few recent bumps in the road, I'm still amazed that this hasn't been more difficult.

Oh, I (L) my Boppy pillow already :D

I'm the USC.

Timeline

(F) @ Jenn!

I swear if my mother's belly hadn't grown with my sister she wouldn't have even known that she was pregnant. So it's like she thinks that all of my "symptoms" are me being a hypochondriac or something!

Morning sickness? In my head. Fatigue? Lazy!

I dare not mention my round ligament pain! :lol:

My ninth grade biology teacher told us she didn't believe there was really such thing as morning sickness because she'd never had it herself :wacko: The other day, I must have been passed out on the sofa when my husband was talking to his mom -- don't know if she saw me on cam or not. Later he told me she told him not to let me sleep too much. I certainly hope something was lost in translation there :lol:

I'm the USC.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

With Adam, I would have not noticed that I was pregnant, hadn't it been for my belly growing. Really, I didn't really have any symptoms until at around 23 weeks I suddenly grew a belly. I did great until the day I got induced. I didn't have any problems. With Allie, I did have some aches and pains in the end PLUS I had terrible braxton hicks contractions with both kids from relatively early on (Adam around 23 weeks, Allie around 10 weeks...argh).

There are a lot of things I didn't know until I got pregnant or even had a baby. I didn't know your boobies go nuts when you have happy ending 'relations' with your husband :whistle::whistle: Sorry, TMI...just HAD to share :lol::wow:

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MARM - (F) So sorry for the loss. That kind of thing is one of my biggest fears :crying:

Round ligament pain is awful! :angry: Anyone else having tons of pelvic pressure/pain? I swear after 20 mins of walking I feel like my pelvis is broken...so much pressure and pain. The doc did say that I am carrying really low and that the baby has been head down since 20 weeks so all the weight is RIGHT there but geesh it's painful.

Regarding Moms - I am so glad y'all said that cause my mom is the same way! She is always saying "I can't remember pregnancy being so difficult, I never had those problems, I didn't experience this or that etc". For the longest time it was making me feel abnormal or a hypochondriac like Jenn but I concluded that my mom just has that baby amnesia so many moms tend to get after labor and delivery lol

@ Yaads, Jenn, Caybee - Oh I feel for you guys! I carried low and felt such pain in my pelvis. I also had sciatica. I remember being 7 months pregnant and visiting my mom in Florida. We went to SeaWorld and it was soooo hard to walk around all day.

For those who have given birth: Has anyone experienced ongoing muscle pain/spasms since giving birth? I have a muscle on the right side of my stomach that will contract every now and then. I've talked to my doctor about it and he dismissed it. There doesn't appear to be any pattern to this, except I started right after I gave birth and has continued sporadically since then. I asked my massage therapist to look at it, and she says it is extremely congested and has been trying to work on it.

@ Stina - Oooh the Aquarium sounds like fun!!! I want to take Declan to one. When I visit my mom when she is in Florida again, I want to go there and also to Busch Gardens. I think Declan will love the animals and now that I am not pregnant, maybe I can ride the rides I missed last time!!!

We loved the zoo so much! Declan was fascinated by the animals, especially the tigers and the flamingos. When we saw the flamingos, he started babbling and pointing excitedly to them and telling me all about them! It was adorable.

The zoo had a small amusement park, so we rode a train, monorail and carousel. It also had a water park, but we got to that section fairly late in the day. Hubby and I each took turns floating down the "Lazy river" in an inner tube. Even though the attendant said we could bring Declan down the river, we opted not to. There wasn't a small enough life jacket for him, plus it was 10 minutes long and we would have nowhere to get out and leave if he didn't like it. We were hoping to take him in the children's pool, but we ran out of time. So we went back to the hotel and went swimming there. It was his first time in a pool and he really enjoyed it, splashing around.

I'll try to post a few pics tonight or tomorrow. Declan is teething again so nighttime has NOT been fun.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Yaads: I think that our moms - and us probably too - tend to forget stuff over the years. Also, they didn't have all the information we have now so they might not have known that the pain they are feeling is round ligament pain...it was just pain that was there...You know what I mean? My mom said that I was ALWAYS hungry and started feeding me solids at 6 weeks old because she didn't have enough milk while I know that it was most likely only a growth spurt and she should have nursed me more often...but she didn't know and I don't blame her..how could I.

My grandma insists that her milk went bad...which is basically impossible...it's not like cowsmilk that need to be refridgerated or goes bad when a thunderstorm rolls in :lol:

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Jenn, that is too funny AND sad that you can't mention your ligament pain without feeling like a hypochondriac! :lol: I'm laughing with you, not at you hehehe.

Karen, I haven't been to the Aquarium yet, which is nuts since I don't live very far!! :) If we go soon I'll let you know how it is. I am guessing it's fun!

The first couple weeks after Kavi's arrival I was on an emotional roller coaster ride, feeling crazy, and my mom said "oh! yeah I had that too". Asked my cousin "oh! yeah I had that too", so many had it! Yet I think it becomes part of the baby amnesia since hardly anyone told me ahead of time. But I guess when you are pregnant you don't really want to hear it haha, I would have thought "we'll see" and would have written it off. :lol: And now it does seem so long ago and far away.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

@ autumnchik I've had what I thought was sciatica also, but I read it could also be more pelvic joint pain since it stays in the right cheek and doesn't go down my leg. Hasn't been too bad though. I don't think I'm carrying very low but I'm not sure. He was head down for a while, and I guess he was kicking my ribs because I'd get a weird stitch in my side which sometimes made it difficult to get behind the wheel of the car. Last appointment, though, the doctor found his heartbeat high up and said he's probably breech again. I think I can feel his head sometimes. I keep thinking how weird it would be to spend several months of life upside-down :unsure:

I've never been through this before, so I don't know about the muscle spasm, but I hope your massage therapist gets it all worked out for you.

I had heard about the amnesia, but I'd always heard women forget the pain of the birth, never that they forget all the pregnancy symptoms as well :lol: When I was younger, I do remember my mom telling me she never truly felt I was "real" until she saw me in the hospital. And she was in the "wake me when it's over" generation -- don't know how a woman can give birth vaginally if she's unconscious, but she says she was for all three of us. And my dad waited outside, of course, doing the requisite pacing. That's how it is in Morocco too -- the father stays outside -- but my husband wants to be in there and maybe even film it if they'll let him.

I'm sooooo looking forward to the zoos and aquariums (I typed aquaria but it didn't like that :P ) and camping trips and water parks and so on. The thought of Declan babbling about the flamingos is so cute. I imagine the big birds with the bright colors are just fascinating at that age. I'm planning to try taking the baby into the swimming pool as soon as I get the okay from both of our doctors.

I'm the USC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It is amazing how much people forget. My sister's youngest is 9 and I was asking her, "Is this normal questions?" and she could not remember! I do have to say my morning sickness was pretty mild. For me, it was debilitating exhaustion. I was so exhausted starting around week 18. I seriously thought I had mono. The round ligament pain and sciatica was pretty miserable starting around 24 weeks for me. I would cry every day for 5 minutes before actually getting up the nerve to try to lift my leg to get into the tub/shower. Moving my legs in and out of the car was a serious chore. I told my husband I totally do not miss that at all! I sympathesize with you guys. The pain is worth it for the bundle of joy you get in the end!

And Caybee...I can't believe you are at 32 weeks already!

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline
It is amazing how much people forget. My sister's youngest is 9 and I was asking her, "Is this normal questions?" and she could not remember! I do have to say my morning sickness was pretty mild. For me, it was debilitating exhaustion. I was so exhausted starting around week 18. I seriously thought I had mono. The round ligament pain and sciatica was pretty miserable starting around 24 weeks for me. I would cry every day for 5 minutes before actually getting up the nerve to try to lift my leg to get into the tub/shower. Moving my legs in and out of the car was a serious chore. I told my husband I totally do not miss that at all! I sympathesize with you guys. The pain is worth it for the bundle of joy you get in the end!

And Caybee...I can't believe you are at 32 weeks already!

Awwww yes, I know what you're saying about getting into the shower because I get a good twinge then too, but so far it hasn't been as bad as what you went through. I do fall asleep at my desk on a daily basis these days though. I remember it took a while for your incision to heal up good. Did the other aches and pains take some time also?

I can't believe how fast the time has gone either. I've considered taking down my ticker because it's scaring me! I feel good, but I'm starting to worry that they'll put me on bed rest or something before everything is ready. Better pick up that car seat this weekend so we'll have the absolute essentials.

I'm the USC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
@Yaads: I think that our moms - and us probably too - tend to forget stuff over the years. Also, they didn't have all the information we have now so they might not have known that the pain they are feeling is round ligament pain...it was just pain that was there...You know what I mean? My mom said that I was ALWAYS hungry and started feeding me solids at 6 weeks old because she didn't have enough milk while I know that it was most likely only a growth spurt and she should have nursed me more often...but she didn't know and I don't blame her..how could I.

My grandma insists that her milk went bad...which is basically impossible...it's not like cowsmilk that need to be refridgerated or goes bad when a thunderstorm rolls in :lol:

aaahhh now we know what happened to you. :rofl:

I agree with the amnesia. I think it's a good thing to forget the uncomfortable stuff. Also, it wouldn't be good if someone honestly told you what's going to happen to your body, you would scream "stop, I don't think I want to be pregnant anymore". But there are so many good and exciting things about pregnancy, and the inevitable baby in the end, that you will not remember that ligament pain or nausea or engorgement very much.

@autum: aww sounds like a great time. Where exactly is that zoo? When Ben and I go grocery shopping and he gets cranky, I stop by the seafood counter. The guy there knows him and he lets Ben check out the lobsters and even picks them up and lets him look at them. Ben loves that, I think he is going to work with animals someday. Or at the grocery store. :hehe:

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008